Community
Wiki Posts
Search

possible to view Lufthansa award inventory on the internet?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2005, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
possible to view Lufthansa award inventory on the internet?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I have tried using Google search and can't find the answer.

Is it possible to view Lufthansa award inventory on the internet? What are the codes for first, business, and coach?

From what I have found I know first is "O". It also seems that there were various "availability tools" but one is down and the other has stopped showing LH award inventory? Just want to be sure.

I am trying to book a Star Alliance award using US Airwasy miles and I don;t want to call them every day inquiring about inventory. The LH leg from FRA to BOM is the only leg I can't seem to find in business for the dates I want.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 10:23 am

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1MM, FB Plat, AS MVP Gold, WN AList+
With all the changes as of late, the only 'for sure' way I am aware of to view available LH aware flights is to:

1) Get a M&M account
2) Activate account (earn 3000 LH miles)
3) Once account activated, you can then see available award seats online - which should translate to what is available through US - but depending on who you believe full LH inventory might not be available to other *A members.

FYI FRA-BOM is a tough route to score tix on...
Old Apr 12, 2005, 12:05 pm

I should have enough miles (90k?) to check... What dates are you looking for?
Old Apr 12, 2005, 12:17 pm
Suspended

An easy option is to open an Aeroplan Account (Air Canada) www.aeroplan.ca, sign up and get a number. Once you have that, sign in and check for reward space on any route that Star Alliance flies. Air Canada has a built-in interface to check all routes. There is also a 14 day window that appears if the date you want is not available.

Note: If AC flies the route, it will automatically default to them, but if it is a route like FRA to BOM where AC is not on the route, *A carriers will show up.

As another option, AC flies non-stop to DEL from YYZ now, not sure if you can figure something out that way or not.
Old Apr 12, 2005, 2:25 pm

Programs: LH/BA/DL
I have tried a lot of things, including the (now gone) availability tools and the above mentioned check on the LH website. (BTW: LH website is usually very accurate.)

I am now back to calling Lufthansa, the res. agents can see the exact availability and will check different days and routs much faster than you could. They will also waitlist you for upgrades (and for award tickets under certain circumstances.) I know it is not like doing it yourself, but it is more convenient for me.
Old Apr 13, 2005, 3:33 am
Suspended

Programs: None Whatsoever
Originally Posted by MapleLeaf
An easy option is to open an Aeroplan Account (Air Canada) www.aeroplan.ca, sign up and get a number. Once you have that, sign in and check for reward space on any route that Star Alliance flies. Air Canada has a built-in interface to check all routes. There is also a 14 day window that appears if the date you want is not available.

Note: If AC flies the route, it will automatically default to them, but if it is a route like FRA to BOM where AC is not on the route, *A carriers will show up.

As another option, AC flies non-stop to DEL from YYZ now, not sure if you can figure something out that way or not.
Hey Mapleleaf,

I've tried to access the reward booking engine several times over the last few days, and it gives a system error 99% of the time (and I am an Aeroplan member).

Would be great if it actually worked!

Old Apr 14, 2005, 4:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 2P, AA LT Gold, Marriott LT Titanium
Thanks everybody for the helpful info. FWIW I already have two Star awards booked using US Airways miles but one of the pax is in Y on FRA-BOM. US Airways will not waitlist that segment for C, and I have called several times looking for availability in C but so far no luck.

Signing up for M&M or Aeroplan seems the best bet so I can check online and not bother the nice US Airways international desk.

One last question - to AllanHuk and MapleLeaf - do you actually have to have the miles in your account to check award availability on LH and AC websites respectively? If so, signing up a new account just to check availability won;t work for me.
Old Apr 14, 2005, 12:45 pm

Programs: LH/BA/DL
Originally Posted by gardener
do you actually have to have the miles in your account to check award availability
For LH you do need to have sufficient miles in your account to actually buy the seat. If you do not, you will not be able to access availability. So not the right choice for you.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 2:14 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Greg45
For LH you do need to have sufficient miles in your account to actually buy the seat. If you do not, you will not be able to access availability. So not the right choice for you.
Since some time you can see award availability even if you don't have enough miles. You just can't proceed to the next step. But you need a proper (not tempoary) MM account, which is possible after you have earned >3000 bonus miles.
Old Apr 15, 2005, 4:48 am

Programs: Miles&More FTL
To check award availability on aeroplan seems to be not quite easy for some routes ex europe like FRA-SIN for example. There is always no availability shown for this route. The same for SIN-FRA. But if i try BKK-FRA some available flights for *A come up for the FRA-SIN segments in both directions. So itīs not very easy to look up the award availability....
The other question is how to get this mentioned 2-weeks-overwiev for available dates. I have seen this only once and no idea to force up this view.
Old Apr 18, 2005, 6:12 am
Suspended

In the top right corner of the Aeroplan screen, after you log in, there is a link which says 14 day search. That comes up IF no seats are available on the dates you want.

On some routes it is only available if AC operates the route, not other *A carriers. That may be the case here.

As for the error part, never had it happen to me. If you PM me some dates, I will log in and check for you.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:10 pm

I don't have LH account,
what is the best way to search LH award flight availability ?
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:55 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by superhk
I don't have LH account,
what is the best way to search LH award flight availability ?
Have you checked this thread? The subject says F awards but other awards are discussed as well.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.