Wiki Posts
Search

Cheapest Way to Use M&M from LHR to CPT in J

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2012, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA & BD Gold Once Upon a Time
Cheapest Way to Use M&M from LHR to CPT in J

I will soon have 210k M&M miles and want to redeem them for 2 people from LHR to CPT in business.

Lufthansa (LHR-FRA-JNB-CPT and return) want $2100(!!!) of which around $500 is for UK APD. I got these numbers from a dummy booking on the LH website.

Therefore I've decided to start from BRU and use a one way Avios reward saver to get there to avoid UK APD.

I've found BRU-IST-JNB-CPT-JNB-IST-LHR using TK for around $800 in taxes and fees, saving $1300 - from a dummy booking on the TK website. I presume the TK taxes and fees is what I pay when I book through M&M? I this the case or will LH inflate the YQ to LH prices, even if I fly with TK?

Is there a better route, with better business class (although I hear the TK A330 is very good) with low taxes and fees that I'm missing?

I hear the SAA is dropping the direct flight soon, so don't have the option of paying a premium to get a direct flight.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by Oil-man; Sep 12, 2012 at 3:40 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.