FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   ?Tyrolean business class (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/405164-tyrolean-business-class.html)

ozflier Feb 27, 2005 9:01 pm

?Tyrolean business class

I have some flights between Scandinavian and Vienna in May/June paid for by employers and in business class.
One option was to fly Tyrolean OSL-VIE and vv.
I see the a/c is a Canadair and seating seems to be one class layout .
Is there any difference between business class and economy service on this sector - I do enjoy some wine and something other a cardboard box containing the meal .
Ozflier

sentom Feb 27, 2005 9:42 pm

hi there,

seats are the same, even same pitch if i remember correctly, but much better food and drinks. actually it is real food not only water and a chocolate bar as in eco...

cheers

fm747 Feb 28, 2005 7:24 am

I flew VIE-CPH on Tyrolean in J on a Canadair Regional jet last year.
Seat and seat pitch is identical to Y but the food is the difference. I was rather surprised when I got a tray with a plate of cold cuts (smoked salomon, ham chesse), a salad accompanied by some warm! bread rolls and some nice chocolates for dessert. They also had choice of 2 or 3 wines, champagne and other alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks all on a flight that was less than 2 h!

AJLondon Feb 28, 2005 11:54 am

I was most impressed with Tyrolean on a recent short VIE-DUS flight.

There was a hot, yes hot, meal available on a 1 hour flight!!! It was a 1205 departure. Food was hot roast chicken and potato, cold cuts, salad and apfelstrudel for dessert. Also two rounds of drinks. And then chocolates. Certainly puts LH to shame IMO.

And I got this all on an op-up too ;)

flamboyant 1 Feb 28, 2005 2:20 pm

Sounds very promising and indeed better than LH.

AJ, when and for how long where you in DUS ?

ozflier Feb 28, 2005 2:36 pm

Say no more, I'm going with Tyrolean.
ozflier

AJLondon Feb 28, 2005 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
AJ, when and for how long where you in DUS ?

On two sunday afternoons in feb! I always like to connect via DUS on my way back to LHR from Germany/Austria. Find it much better than FRA or MUC.

My last two Sunday afternoon connections were: TXL-DUS-LHR and VIE-DUS-LHR.

I promise to give you more notice next time! :)

LonLH Mar 1, 2005 1:24 am

Originally Posted by ozflier
I have some flights between Scandinavian and Vienna in May/June paid for by employers and in business class.
One option was to fly Tyrolean OSL-VIE and vv.
I see the a/c is a Canadair and seating seems to be one class layout .
Is there any difference between business class and economy service on this sector - I do enjoy some wine and something other a cardboard box containing the meal .
Ozflier

SK seats are better as they use bigger aircraft in the route(and they keep one seat blocked in the middle if there is a middle seat). And SK food in C has somewhat improved compared to what they used to give last year.
But you will not get exec bonus with Miles and More if you are flying SK.

LonLH Mar 1, 2005 1:26 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
On two sunday afternoons in feb! I always like to connect via DUS on my way back to LHR from Germany/Austria. Find it much better than FRA or MUC.

My last two Sunday afternoon connections were: TXL-DUS-LHR and VIE-DUS-LHR.

I promise to give you more notice next time! :)

AJ London- do let me know next time when you are in DUS- am flying LHR-DUS-ORD in two weeks time :D

AJLondon Mar 1, 2005 2:51 am

Originally Posted by LonLH
AJ London- do let me know next time when you are in DUS- am flying LHR-DUS-ORD in two weeks time :D

This month I will be in FRA on 24th and in the HON terminal all morning and afternoon on the 25th! :cool:

LonLH Mar 1, 2005 3:31 am

Originally Posted by AJLondon
This month I will be in FRA on 24th and in the HON terminal all morning and afternoon on the 25th! :cool:

Pity- I am in ORD on 24th and will fly to JFK that evening. Back via MUC on 28th.