New tax for LH AIRrail and Bus

Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:11 am
Original Poster

New tax for LH AIRrail and Bus

Starting Feb 01st Lufthansa has introduced a new tax (fuel and security) of 30 Euro for all means of ground-transportation like Airrail and the bus-Service.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:27 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by asbar
Starting Feb 01st Lufthansa has introduced a new tax (fuel and security) of 30 Euro for all means of ground-transportation like Airrail and the bus-Service.
wow... didn't notice that the ICE is now diesel-powered and that Deutsche Bahn installed new security checkpoints...
Old Feb 17, 2005, 3:59 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Talking

security fee: undercover agents mixing among the passengers to keep them safe. costs a lot money those guys

Fuel: well all busses and trains are made from materials made out of plastic, a derivative from the petro industry. Not to forget all the lubricants etc. costs a lot of money too.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:04 am

Source?
Old Feb 17, 2005, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Berki
Source?
Amadeus-Reservation-System and Lufthansa-staff.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 7:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, KLM
Talking

it looks that i took the right time, as i booked a few 2005 airail-trips in last year's july during the 5 times week of payback :-D

old fare, no taxes and even in C with some extra miles for each booking...
Old Feb 18, 2005, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by namosi
old fare, no taxes and even in C with some extra miles for each booking...
I thought LH has suspended the C service on AIRail?
Old Feb 18, 2005, 1:29 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
No, AIRail C still exists. It just cost hundreds of euros, unless bought in connection with a continuing flight.

So now the AIRail tariff includes €30 TSC + €30 security/fuel surcharge. And the humorous part is, the German market will probably willingly pay it.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 1:33 am

Programs: BA,Amex,Hilton,Hyatt,SPG
No, LH has only "suspended" Airrailers by increasing "C" fare (up to ~380€!)
Old Feb 18, 2005, 3:08 am

so with a connecting flight there is two security fees now?? you pay security for the flight and for the airrail? who will pay this?

and this means that bus service price is now more or less doubled?
Old Feb 18, 2005, 9:31 am

Programs: M&M/S SPG livetime gold, but not running behind status & points anymore! Now only book value for $
Originally Posted by asbar
Amadeus-Reservation-System and Lufthansa-staff.
booked QKL-FRA-QKL in V

fare shows 53 Euro + 30.00YQSO
Total 83 Euro

strange
I just booked an item including ....QKL-FRA-BKK... outbound and ....BKK-FRA-QKL-FRA......inbound. the tax shows 34.65YQSO

so it is not 15 Euro per segment all times.
now I tryed to book some airrails in an existing bookings :
result :
2 airrailsegments 23,10 Eur.
3 airrailsegments 34,65 Eur.
4 airrailsegments 46,20 Eur.

it looks like if in combination with a longhaul it is 11,55 Euro per segment !
another way LH found to charge customers! Specialy when traveling on award flights ! A flight QKL-FRA-BKK-HKT-BKK-FRA-QKL now ends up with around 160 Euros in taxes/fees. May be in future they decide to charge some more services extra. > cleaning of staff uniforms , headwindsurcharge, insurance if flying over warezones, etc....< Someone should initiate a " Beschwerde" at the European court! Suplement charges must be includet in the final price ! Customer are not interested how much is the fuel carge and this and that. Only the total from point A to B is interesting. But then they couldn´t charge for " free award flights " . Not long ago a QKL-FRA-BKK-HKT-BKK-FRA-QKL award was 24 DEM around 12 Euro !!! And even around 15 month ago it was under 50 Euro !!!
Old Feb 19, 2005, 5:02 am

Programs: Skyhigh Airlines Platinum for Life
Originally Posted by Grog
No, AIRail C still exists. It just cost hundreds of euros, unless bought in connection with a continuing flight.

So now the AIRail tariff includes €30 TSC + €30 security/fuel surcharge. And the humorous part is, the German market will probably willingly pay it.
And even more funny is the fact, that you still can't book an Airrail segment on lh.com, for example if I try ZWS-PVG, ZWS is unknown, if you enter STR-PVG it gives you only flights, but no train departures.
Old Feb 19, 2005, 9:25 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by daysleeper
And even more funny is the fact, that you still can't book an Airrail segment on lh.com, for example if I try ZWS-PVG, ZWS is unknown, if you enter STR-PVG it gives you only flights, but no train departures.
But for many other trips, it does. With a footnote which indicates that it's operated by a partner. Still very inconsistent though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.