Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any experiences with Adria Airlines? [op suspended 24SEP2019]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2017, 10:11 pm

Adria has joined the "no waivers, no favors" crowd with respect to missed connections.

If your flight is late into any Adria city, forget about the onward PNR, it's worthless.

JP automatically cancels the return if the original outbound leaves without you.

You may recover the unused airport taxes. But ask nicely.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by LegalTender
Adria has joined the "no waivers, no favors" crowd with respect to missed connections.

If your flight is late into any Adria city, forget about the onward PNR, it's worthless.

JP automatically cancels the return if the original outbound leaves without you.

You may recover the unused airport taxes. But ask nicely.
If you're talking about separate return tickets, this is pretty commonplace among legacy carriers. In addition, I don't think it's a new practice at JP.
Old Jun 16, 2017, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by mmff
If you're talking about separate return tickets, this is pretty commonplace among legacy carriers. In addition, I don't think it's a new practice at JP.
Except JP wouldn't protect me on the next flight out. That's unusual.

If a missed connection at major EU airports results in the same fate on all Star Alliance carriers, then I'm wrong. They also voided the return because you can't fly "out of order" sequences on Adria.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 1:44 pm

Programs: Southwest, Alaska, United, American Airlines
Originally Posted by LegalTender
Except JP wouldn't protect me on the next flight out. That's unusual.

If a missed connection at major EU airports results in the same fate on all Star Alliance carriers, then I'm wrong. They also voided the return because you can't fly "out of order" sequences on Adria.
Adria applies the default global rule for missing a flight -- some fares may allow rebooking upon payment of a penalty, but "flat tire rule" mercy is mostly limited to North American carriers.
Old Oct 23, 2017, 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by nerdbirdsjc
Adria applies the default global rule for missing a flight -- some fares may allow rebooking upon payment of a penalty, but "flat tire rule" mercy is mostly limited to North American carriers.
I've learned the lesson is to never call Adria directly. Deal only with Lufthansa MUC counter staff who have authority to evaluate your case, check for availability on the next JP outbound and book it w/o an additional charge. You have to arrive at the LH counter within two hours of the original JP departure.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 1:54 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Since Adria is a ‘fully integrated’ Miles & More airline, please continue discussion in the Lufthansa/Miles & More forum.

NewbieRunner, Senior Moderator
Old Mar 19, 2018, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
So what is Adria like these days? What do you get on longer routes eg Ljubljana-Moscow? I’m seeing an offer from Frankfurt, but I hope to get some reasonable catering in Y on the longer flight segment.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: M&M Frequent Flyer, A3 GOLD
Originally Posted by Concerto
So what is Adria like these days? What do you get on longer routes eg Ljubljana-Moscow? I’m seeing an offer from Frankfurt, but I hope to get some reasonable catering in Y on the longer flight segment.
There is buy on board product on most of Adria flights (if you are lucky enough to fly Adria metal and not some old wet leased Fokker) and only water is complimentary.
The only exception might be Moscow - some time ago they served meal. I am not sure if this is still the case, but in Amadeus the meal is marked with H, which means hot meal.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would like to try them, as they are one of only two Lufthansa Group airlines I have never flown with (the other is Croatia Airlines). But it’s not inspiring me to go with them if they’ve had to wetlease out so many of their flights, probably to airlines with old planes that nobody’s ever heard of. Air Berlin did a lot of that sort of thing towards the end, when it started becoming a really unreliable operation. Also, BoB type service I would prefer to avoid. Additionally, a 45 minute connection in LJU doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence. So, looks like it will be for another time.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 1:58 pm

Programs: M&M Frequent Flyer, A3 GOLD
I would like to try them, as they are one of only two Lufthansa Group airlines I have never flown with (the other is Croatia Airlines). But it’s not inspiring me to go with them if they’ve had to wetlease out so many of their flights, probably to airlines with old planes that nobody’s ever heard of. Air Berlin did a lot of that sort of thing towards the end, when it started becoming a really unreliable operation. Also, BoB type service I would prefer to avoid. Additionally, a 45 minute connection in LJU doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence. So, looks like it will be for another time.
It is not (yet) part of Lufthansa Group, but "only" Star Alliance.

If you would like to try them, go for it. I assume you will fly from Switzerland to Moscow via Ljubljana. At the moment the situation is:
- high probability for wet-lease from ZUR to LJU and/or back; if Adria metal, there will be buy on board
- no wetlease to Moscow, mostly CRJ9 or CRJ7 is used on this route, it seems there is still complementary meal
- no issue with 45 min connection - easily doable. Even more, Adria is operating LJU as a hub, all in - all out principle and they are wainting for delayed transfer passengers. You need 5 mins from gate to gate.
zeer0 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 3:08 pm

LJU-SVO you get a cold meal, coffee/tea, drinks.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:23 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by jonatan
It is not (yet) part of Lufthansa Group, but "only" Star Alliance.
Sort of in-between; they are also one of the 10 M&M Partner Airlines.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 4:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's the thing. I tend to think of them as "Lufthansa Group" because they are part of the core Miles & More airlines, offering qualifying miles and segments. But I believe it is the same with Croatia Airlines and LOT Polish Airlines, in that they are M&M home airlines but not actually wholly owned by Lufthansa. Maybe Luxair too, not sure about that one.

I might well give Adria a go then, just out of interest. I was thinking maybe about using miles, but the cash fare on expedia is clocking about EUR282 round trip... which isn't too bad, I suppose. However, I suspect that might be without baggage included...JP is offering 'Light' fares like other airlines, I think. Oh by the way, the website is just unusable, utter trash.
Old Mar 19, 2018, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They did have a meal in coach on svo-lju i took last year. SVO check in was a mess with outsourced staff.
Old Mar 22, 2018, 4:53 am

Programs: M&M FTL
That's the thing. I tend to think of them as "Lufthansa Group" because they are part of the core Miles & More airlines, offering qualifying miles and segments. But I believe it is the same with Croatia Airlines and LOT Polish Airlines, in that they are M&M home airlines but not actually wholly owned by Lufthansa. Maybe Luxair too, not sure about that one.
I don't think they are wholly owned or even partially owned by Lufthansa. 99% state ownership in the case of LOT, and a variety of holding companies, banks, and other finance companies in the case of the others, by the looks of it, unless Lufthansa has any investment in any of those.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.