Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2004, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Lufthansa's Boss: "Die Luftfahrt ist erst am Anfang ihrer Entwicklung"

(sorry, in German only)
Lufthansa's Boss: "Air travel is still in the Early Stages of its Development"

a English summation:

LINZ. Lufthansa's boss, Wolfgang Mayrhuber, is banking on tough competition, but isn't afraid of low-cost carriers. Air travel is still in the early stages of its development. There's plenty of room for different providers of different products, room for LLCs as well as the established carriers. Competition will be tough, but Mayrhuber states that LH can compete.

Even further, he sees Lufthansa on the right path already. He's driving the airline toward tough cost cuts and higher productivity is required. He puts great faith in the new giant, the Airbus A380, and the great advantage it will bring to runways where takeoffs and landings can't be increased (such as Tokyo).
Old Sep 18, 2004, 2:38 pm

Programs: *A Gold; OW Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Hyatt GoldPassport Platinum; Accor Silver
Marketing blah blah blah, as has become common from Mayrhober.

How can LH compete when service levels have fallen yet their prices seem to have increased? An example: last Tuesday my meetings finished early in Stockholm. Originally I was forced into booking a single ticket in C to MUC with LH at a staggering 815 Euros (+ that extra 30 Euro ticket charge - which I still don't understand....). As it was, I turned up at ARN early and could purchase a single with Gexx for 98 Euros. So I cancelled the C ticket with LH and got back to MUC two hours before the LH flight. I could buy a sandwich and drinks and was perfectly contect with Gexx.

Mayrhober and the gang have a long way to go before they can pull out of the dip they are in at the moment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.