Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Strange present when getting SEN: 2 *A silver(!) upgrade certificates!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2004, 9:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
Nice present for new SEN: 2 additional *A silver(!) upgrade certificates!

Nice, but strange:

I moved to England some time ago, and finally was getting LH SEN in august. I received the golden LH SEN card and the 2 E-Vouchers quickly from LH in Germany. Everything fine.

Now, one month later, surprisingly I got another welcome package:

One from Star Alliance (UK Office).

But, even stranger:

- They welcomed me as *A silver member (wheras the *A logo on my LH SEN card is looking very golden...)

- They rewarded me 2 Standby upgrade certificates (nice!) for *A flights (exception: Singapore Airlines)

- They rewarded me, even stranger, 2 "worldwide lounge access certificates".

Thank them very much anyway! Of course there come some questions in mind, like if I am unthankful if I friendly ask for a *A Gold welcome package? Or: Why is there such a thing as a "worldwide lounge access certificate" - because as FTL you can use silver lounges anyway and as SEN all the gold lounges!

And: Is it normal anyway getting this kind of package?

Anyway: The brits are rocking!

Last edited by deer; Sep 4, 2004 at 10:49 am
Old Sep 4, 2004, 10:14 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by deer
Nice, but strange:
Now, one month later, surprisingly I got another welcome package:

One from Star Alliance (UK Office).

But, even stranger:

- They welcomed me as *A silver member (wheras the *A logo on my LH SEN card is looking very golden...)
The *S is probably for the big "S" for service Mr. Mayrhuber is referring to in this month's letter in the LH magazine .

By the way, deer, cross-posting is not encouraged - I understand it is a question somewhere between LH and Star Alliance...my recommendation would still be to just choose one of the two fora to ask your question .
Old Sep 4, 2004, 3:05 pm

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Nice, but strange:

Why is there such a thing as a "worldwide lounge access certificate" - because as FTL you can use silver lounges anyway and as SEN all the gold lounges!
The FTL benefit is the use of the Lufthansa Frequent Traveller and Business Class lounges worldwide in conjunction with a Lufthansa ticket or Star Alliance ticket before departure. This lounge access certificate allows you to try out the lounge even when flying on non-Star Alliance flights.

You've received the packet, of course, because the person who chucked it into the mail to you doesn't think you have a SEN card.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 1:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amanjunkie, LH SEN
What is in the Gold-package?

When there are two upgrade-vouchers and two lounge-certificates in the Silver-package I received - does anybody know, what is in the british *A Gold-package for LH SENs?
Old Sep 10, 2004, 1:49 pm
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
When there are two upgrade-vouchers and two lounge-certificates in the Silver-package I received - does anybody know, what is in the british *A Gold-package for LH SENs?
Yes.
Four upgrade vouchers (exactly the same type and usage conditions as you get). Also no lounge certs, as they are redundant for *Golds.
Old Sep 10, 2004, 1:57 pm

I wonder why US residents don't get those upgrade vouchers!??
Old Sep 10, 2004, 2:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Snobs
I wonder why US residents don't get those upgrade vouchers!??
Because, last February, the Star Alliance decided to launch a membership campaign in the UK. *G and *S members with UK registered addresses received the upgrade vouchers (except for SQ Krisflyer members, because SQ did not participate in the promotion). They also had a generous scheme for introducing new members (automatic status matching for Gold and Silber in other airline programmes). It was a once-only bonus - it is not designed to be a permanent feature of the UK programme.

The reason for this is that the UK is a major air travel market where Oneworld (thanks to BA) is very strong. They will never run a scheme like this in Germany, for example, because *A is already very strong there.

There is still hope - *A said that if the UK scheme worked well they could try it in other strategic markets (Japan for example).
Old Sep 10, 2004, 10:23 pm

Programs: BA GGL&CCR, LH HON, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
Did you do FTL and SEN in short succession?

If you did, maybe the *A Gold welcome package is on the way, too. BTW, mine contained 2 SEN luggage tags plus the 4 vouchers mentioned earlier.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.