Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive PAYBACK Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2010, 3:25 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
10€ off any subscription over 20€ in the top 250 magazines
via the DP Leserservice: https://www.payback.de/pb/leserservice/id/221038/

Any subscription can be reduced by 10€ using code PB10EUR

DP Leserservice subcriptions earn Payback points that translate into M&M miles 1:1.
Old May 17, 2011, 3:43 pm

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Hi all,

I have recently transferred 74K points from my Payback account to my M&M account. Normally they should post within a couple of days, but now it's been about two weeks and they still didn't post.

I contacted Payback, they told me to contact M&M. After calling M&M, they promised they would look into it and shortly after I got an email from Payback telling me the transfer was still pending and asking for my patience. Did anyone here have a similar experience? Normally I would be patient, but I am looking to book an award for August/September and only a few dates are still open... Should I worry?

Thankful for any advise!

German-FLyer
Old May 18, 2011, 3:02 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Originally Posted by German-FLyer
Hi all,

I have recently transferred 74K points from my Payback account to my M&M account. Normally they should post within a couple of days, but now it's been about two weeks and they still didn't post.

I contacted Payback, they told me to contact M&M. After calling M&M, they promised they would look into it and shortly after I got an email from Payback telling me the transfer was still pending and asking for my patience. Did anyone here have a similar experience? Normally I would be patient, but I am looking to book an award for August/September and only a few dates are still open... Should I worry?

Thankful for any advise!

German-FLyer
No, I have no answer to that since I never came even closely to such a high Payback account balance.

I am rather amazed about how much you have spent with Payback partners or was there a promo I missed?
Old May 18, 2011, 3:25 am

Hi all,

Thankful for any advise!

German-FLyer

Payback points are only transferred twice a year into your M&M account, in March and September. Having signed up for the payback promo to have them converted 1=1 into miles does not mean it will be transferred immediately. So I assume in your situation, you will have to wait until September. So my question to German-FLyer:

Have you really transferred the points (how?) or just signed up for the transfer?
Old May 18, 2011, 5:10 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Points and cash payments can be made anytime

Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck
[/B]:

Have you really transferred the points (how?) or just signed up for the transfer?
There are two ways of converting PAYBACK points to LH (award) miles:
1.) The first one is the (correctly) mentioned subscription of a transfer two times a year.
2.) Just writing them a letter stating you PAYBACK account nr. and your LH Miles and More number and they will convert them 1:1 to LH Miles. If I remember correctly this is done in about one week. Although this is not published any more it should work.
In my case my surname and the surname on Payback were the same due to the fact that I transferred the points between my own accounts.

3.) Another way of paying the PAYBACK points out is to convert them 1:1 to the European currency Euro cent. This means 1.000 PAYBACK points will result in 10 (TEN) Euro.
So the conversion rate to LH M&M is much better.

Method 2 and 3 work from 1,000 PAYBACK points on.

Hope this helps.
Old May 18, 2011, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by supermasterphil
No, I have no answer to that since I never came even closely to such a high Payback account balance.

I am rather amazed about how much you have spent with Payback partners or was there a promo I missed?
Since the transfer normally used to work within a couple of days, I have accumulated quite some points on my payback account over the years, just as a reserve. Now that I need them, they seem to be as reliable as some state bonds in Europe...

As gum mentioned, you can either use the subscription service, which will transfer your Payback balance twice a year (Meilen-Abo) or whenever you need it (Umwandlung nach Bedarf), which now has a transfer minimum of 200 points (rather than 1000 points in the past). Both can be done online and I have used it in the past.

Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck
Payback points are only transferred twice a year into your M&M account, in March and September. Having signed up for the payback promo to have them converted 1=1 into miles does not mean it will be transferred immediately. So I assume in your situation, you will have to wait until September. So my question to German-FLyer:

So yes, I am sure the points are being transferred (they have also been deducted from my account) and even Payback admits, that it shouldn't take more than 3 working days.

I have now spoken with a supervisor from Payback and she promised to call me back today, but I am not getting my hopes up... I guess I will just have to use some Starpoints to get the job done in time
Old May 18, 2011, 7:08 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Hi all,

Thankful for any advise!

German-FLyer
I had the same with 55k. After 4 weeks I called Payback and they referred me to M&M. After 3 more days all miles showed up on my account
Old May 18, 2011, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by cgnSenator
I had the same with 55k. After 4 weeks I called Payback and they referred me to M&M. After 3 more days all miles showed up on my account
Thanks a lot! So I guess I am not the only one having problems.

I will wait a couple more days, hoping that the miles will eventually show up, before transferring SPG points to my M&M account...
Old Jun 14, 2012, 5:57 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Payback India is giving 125 miles for 400 points right now... which led me to explore the °P in India, quite a few mouth watering options...@:-)
Old Jun 14, 2012, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Payback India is giving 125 miles for 400 points right now... which led me to explore the °P in India, quite a few mouth watering options...@:-)
Can you join Payback India without an Indian address? I joined payback.de using my friend's address in Germany.
Old Nov 1, 2012, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
By the way, over at www.payback.de there is an offer whereby if you test drive the new Opel Mokka you get 1,000 points (which are convertible to miles at 1:1, meaning 1,000 miles). I signed up for it, but haven't received a peep back from the garage, which is supposed to contact me about it.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 1:41 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Piling u p of LH Miles&More miles now possible with a co-branded credit card

Sorry if thas has been posted before, but I think it hasn´t been reported here at FT.

Until now (German) American Express cards only allowed the piling up Membership reward points and then transferring it to a large number of airline and hotel partners. But LH Miles&More wasn´t participating yet.

Now American Express offers the first co-branded card where German cardholders can pile up LH award Miles. This is done through a deviation.

Cardholders pile up Payback points with the exchange rate of 2 Euro is 1 Payback point (all companies not participating in Payback). At partners like Kaufhof, real and so on I think it´s 1 point for using the credit card payment and one for collecting points).

At payback partners: 1 Euro purchase delivers 1 payback point for the purchase and 0,5 payback points for using the credit card -> 1,5 points per Euro.

Additionally you can select three Lieblingspartner (favourite shops) where you can collect 1:1 even if they are not participating in Payback.

Payback points then can be changed to LH award miles starting at 200 points in increment of one point. @:-)

Link: https://www.americanexpress.com/de/c...payback-karte/

General information about payback can be found here:
www.payback.de

Summary:
This card combines the functions of an American Express Card and it´s worldwide usability with a Payback card of the German-based loyalty programme. Fee for the first year is 0 Euro and 40 Euro from the second one.

Therefore if you are in search for an additional Amex card or like to stack up LH Miles instead of MR rewards points this is a fair offer.

Hope you enjoy.

Best regards GUM

Update: There is an additional welcome bonus of 3,000 points until Feb 28th, 2013 if you apply for the card through payback.
Navigate as follows: Go to the main page of Payback, in the lower part of the screen you will see this offer. Then a campaing ID will pop up and will lead you to the application process.

Last edited by gum; Jan 25, 2013 at 3:22 am
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:11 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by kanor
How do you achieve 1.2eur total cost exactly? It says its 96 eur annually.
And I guess you posted it here to convert payback points to M&M right?
thanks
96.20€/year - 5€ coupon - 90€ gift = 1.20 €.

Problem is, however, that you won't get 8000 payback points if you choose the 90€ gift. Therefore the calculation is 91.20€ for 8000 payback points or M&M miles.

HTB.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:14 am

The email that had the link said:

Hallo Herr xxx,

wissen Sie immer genau, was auf welchem Sender läuft?. Mit den besonderen Angeboten des LESERSERVICE behalten Sie nicht nur den Überblick im Fernsehangebot, Sie können auch noch riesige Prämien abstauben: Wir erhöhen die Prämien um 10€ für Gong, HÖRZU und BILD+FUNK. LESERSERVICE ist Official Partner bei PAYBACK
Als Werber im Prämienabo kassieren Sie im Juni 90€ Prämie. Die Laufzeit beträgt nur 1 Jahr. Zudem können Sie sich bis zu 8.000 PAYBACK Punkte oder 80€ Bargeld sichern.
So
96.20-90-5(coupon LS05GUTSCH)=1.20€
8000°P plus payback ecoupon 300=8300°P = 8300 M&M award miles
Old Jun 4, 2013, 3:20 am
Marriott 10+ Badge

Programs: LH SEN***, Bonvoy LT Titanium
From whom does the mail come? Is it a personalized link?

I just received a mail from Payback with the title "Bis zu 15fach punkten mit Ihrem Punkte-Joker | 40 % mit dem neuen Prämien-Highlight sparen"

I do not see anything specific to LeseService though.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.