The Definitive PAYBACK Thread

Old Oct 26, 04, 11:14 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Ukraine/Germany
Posts: 294
Originally Posted by hardhat
Regarding the comment from W Nippert: Service-Wste-Deutschland what a bull**** customers are so highly protected by the law.
[...]

The only problem in Germany is the friendliness.
Sorry to reply that late - having been away - , but I just have to:

Its not about consumer protection, it is about ATTITUDE, not (only) friendliness. Simply a mentality thing. To give you the message: Take for example road construction:

Germany: Big sign: "We are building a new Autobahn FOR YOU" ("WIR bauen fr SIE")
UK: Sign "Road construction ahead. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused to you".
Ukraine: Just road works done. No sign.

In Germany a customer is on many occasions made to feel guilty or to feel sorry. They even dont bother to give you (psychologically) some "good feeling". When the original poster complained about missing points, it would have been right to give him the feeling that the problem (1) has been recognized and (2) that SOMEONE is sorting it out (Otto togehter with Payback) - and actually arranging for a solution . That hasnt been done, and they prooved that neither of them is able to do it...

Last edited by W Nippert; Oct 26, 04 at 11:24 am
W Nippert is offline  
Old Oct 28, 04, 7:42 am
  #32  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: FRA
Programs: LH SEN, AB Gold
Posts: 96
Coupons for CortalConsors, Europcar, Goertz, Real

Originally Posted by W Nippert
Sorry to reply that late - having been away - , but I just have to:

Its not about consumer protection, it is about ATTITUDE, not (only) friendliness. Simply a mentality thing. To give you the message: Take for example road construction:

Germany: Big sign: "We are building a new Autobahn FOR YOU" ("WIR bauen fr SIE")
UK: Sign "Road construction ahead. We would like to apologize for any inconvenience caused to you".
Ukraine: Just road works done. No sign.

In Germany a customer is on many occasions made to feel guilty or to feel sorry. They even dont bother to give you (psychologically) some "good feeling". When the original poster complained about missing points, it would have been right to give him the feeling that the problem (1) has been recognized and (2) that SOMEONE is sorting it out (Otto togehter with Payback) - and actually arranging for a solution . That hasnt been done, and they prooved that neither of them is able to do it...
plett is offline  
Old Oct 28, 04, 8:55 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: FRA
Programs: LH SEN, AB Gold
Posts: 96
New coupons for CortalConsors, Eropcar, Goertz, Real

You can find the above on the Miles&More website; click on Payback and on the bottom you find a link to 'Payback Coupons zum Ausdrucken'.
Enjoy....
Cheers, Thomas
plett is offline  
Old Oct 30, 04, 3:32 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: WW, Germany
Posts: 61
Grtz and Real Coupons

Originally Posted by plett
You can find the above on the Miles&More website; click on Payback and on the bottom you find a link to 'Payback Coupons zum Ausdrucken'.
Enjoy....
Cheers, Thomas
Here's the link: https://www.miles-and-more.com/mam/d...083819,00.html
wwflyer is offline  
Old Nov 3, 04, 1:54 am
  #35  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: KSC & FRA
Posts: 367
Lightbulb Ticket Online

New opportunity to earn points:

Buy tickets on Ticket Online website and earn:
- 2 P per Euro spent
- double points until 31.12.2004
- 350 P welcome bonus (for first purchase)

More info here:
http://www.payback.de/pb/ui/,34042,,?parea=Aktion
Absik001 is offline  
Old Nov 4, 04, 7:29 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: AMS,BRE,ABE
Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Posts: 1,334
any experience how long the transfer takes? is it true, they only transfer the miles on the 1st of the month and the miles dont show up until the 10th?
anyone tried?
mith is offline  
Old Nov 4, 04, 7:56 am
  #37  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 40,313
Transferred 1500 miles manually on 5.7.

Payback statement:

06.07.04

Miles & More

Meilen Umwandlung

-1500

M&M statement:

06.07.2004 PAYBACK MMI + 1500

took about 3 working days to show up
oliver2002 is offline  
Old Nov 4, 04, 8:02 am
  #38  
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: MUC
Programs: LH SEN
Posts: 40,313
Originally Posted by print0815
Select 20 articles from different categories and get 10x P whenever you buy them until the end of the year.

http://aktion.payback.de/ag3/snlreal0904/index.php

And read the small printed note where they say that for every article worth less than 2 Eur they credit you 1 P anyway, so for a single banana or a single apple you get 10 points now. I hope it works in this way as my brother is buying his lunch everyday at real and he really likes apples
I signed up for 20 articles and they gave me retroactive credit for some articles I bought as far back as september! The offer is valid for all of the articles bought till dec 31.
oliver2002 is offline  
Old Nov 4, 04, 9:38 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: AMS,BRE,ABE
Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
Posts: 1,334
Originally Posted by oliver2002
I signed up for 20 articles and they gave me retroactive credit for some articles I bought as far back as september! The offer is valid for all of the articles bought till dec 31.
anyone tried to sign up with the partnercard? it has a different ending... 89 instead of 71 on mine... can i chose 40 articles then or maybe they will give me 10+10 or 10*10=100 times the normal points ;;;;;)))))) ???
mith is offline  
Old Nov 10, 04, 1:05 am
  #40  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: KSC & FRA
Posts: 367
real,- Foto- & Kamera-Aktion

Another 5x P Coupon for real,- available:
http://www.payback.de/pb/ui/,34488,,?parea=Content

Valid until 20.11.04 for cameras, films & accessories
Absik001 is offline  
Old Nov 10, 04, 3:11 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: FMO, Germany
Programs: LH SEN (*G), Sixt Platinum, Hilton GOLD VIP, Steigenberger
Posts: 227
Thumbs up Germanwings

From today 18:00 till Sunday 24:00 there is a Crazy Karneval promotion at www.germanwings.de. About 11111 tickets for 11 inclusive all fees and taxes. Additionally there are 200.000 tickets for 19 .
In order to find the cheap fare the following site is very useful.

www.flughammer.de

It shows the cheapest fares and dates. ^
This tool did help me a few days ago to buy tickets to OSL from CGN for just 2 all inclusive all fees and taxes.

You get 250 Payback Points for booking through the PAYBACK online shop so you earn 0,50 for flying with Germanwings
Winglet is offline  
Old Nov 24, 04, 5:26 pm
  #42  
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Montreux CH
Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Posts: 9,221
Well, here we go. It's my turn to bang the Payback drum, having taking a long time to get my interest whetted. Actually, it looks interesting for those of us based in Germany. However, how reliable is it? I just booked a flight on Opodo by clicking through the link in the Payback shop. How long do the points take to credit?

Once I had added on the Pauschal and the postal fee for the ticket, it came to EUR8 more than booking directly with the carrier.
Concerto is offline  
Old Nov 24, 04, 6:11 pm
  #43  
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Formerly known as attorney28
Programs: BA G, LH SEN, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Lifetime Plat, HH Dmd, IC Amb, Sixt Dmd, Avis/Hertz Pres
Posts: 6,493
Dumb question, can I/how do I convert Payback points to LH miles and what is the conversion rate?
Football Fan is offline  
Old Nov 24, 04, 10:58 pm
  #44  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: FRA
Programs: LH FTL
Posts: 246
Originally Posted by attorney28
Dumb question, can I/how do I convert Payback points to LH miles and what is the conversion rate?
You may want to check out: http://www.payback.de/pb/ui/,6080,,?parea=SubNavi

(sorry, german only)
McKaye is offline  
Old Dec 5, 04, 3:08 am
  #45  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 72
New Payback Coupons

Here are some new Payback coupons for all of you who still need to do some Christmas shopping...

1. 250 P extra at real,-:
http://images1.payback.de/n/nlpu1104/real_3_gfk.htm

2. up to 4x P extra at real,-:
http://images1.payback.de/n/nlpu1104/real_2_gfk.htm

3. up to 4x P extra at real,-:
http://images1.payback.de/n/nlpu1104/real_1_gfk.htm

4. 2x 10% discount at Galeria Kaufhof:
http://images1.payback.de/n/nlpu1104/kaufhof_3.htm

5. 100 P extra at OBI:
http://images1.payback.de/n/nlpu1104/obi_5_sk.htm

6. 4x P extra at OBI:
http://images1.payback.de/n/nlpu1104/obi_3_nk.htm

7. 4x P extra at OBI:
http://images1.payback.de/n/nlpu1104/obi_1_bk.htm

8. 5x P extra at OBI:
http://images1.payback.de/n/nlpu1104/obi_2_bk.htm

9. 1000 P extra at CHRIST and 2 special offers:
http://images1.payback.de/n/nlpu1104/christ.htm
print0815 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: