Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive PAYBACK Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2023, 3:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
30% bonus for PB conversions in June:

© PAYBACK

PAYBACK

Ab 4.000 umgewandelten PAYBACK Punkten erfolgt eine Umwandlung 1:1 in Prämienmeilen und 30 % Prämienmeilen gibt es on top

Anlässlich des 30-jährigen Geburtstages von Miles & More erwartet Teilnehmende ein attraktives Geschenk bei PAYBACK: Ab 4.000 umgewandelten PAYBACK Punkten werden die Punkte nicht nur 1:1 in Miles & More Prämienmeilen umgewandelt, sondern es gibt auch 30 % mehr Meilen für Teilnehmende on top.

Aktionszeitraum: 01.06.2023 - 30.06.2023

Weitere Infos hier.
I had about 40k points earned at Rewe queued for this Expected 25% bonus, but will take 30%
IsleSeat, IMH and Deckter like this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 3:26 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by oliver2002
30% bonus for PB conversions in June:

I had about 40k points earned at Rewe queued for this Expected 25% bonus, but will take 30%
Says "invalid link" I also have 30k+ points and was waiting for something! Alas, still didn't get that email
Old Jun 1, 2023, 3:35 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The link can be found if you search for 'payback' on M&M.com

https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/de...ilesontop.html
IMH likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: SQ G, LH FTL, UA S, Marriott Plat, Hertz PC
The link can be found if you search for 'payback' on M&M.com

https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/de...ilesontop.html
LOL, I went the other way around, looked for M&M on payback.de and that got me nowhere
Old Jun 7, 2023, 2:39 am

The place to do the 1:1 conversion (and receive the 30% bonus) is on this page: https://www.payback.de/info/mein-pay...ilenumwandlung
Old Jun 7, 2023, 3:42 am

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
I plan to transfer about 244k points from AMEX to Payback and then to MM.
Do you guys do such large transfers before? I only converted less than 100k until now, and I am concerned about hitting a cap and being unable to proceed as planned.

Now, I am fully aware of the 75k cap regarding the additional miles, but I guess I am just below that.

Can you please confirm such a (large) transfer is within the rules of Payback and MM? I don't expect Amex to object to this, but I don't want either to be stuck with 100k payback points and unable to transfer due to some obscure rule.

I also know precisely what I'm about to spend them and found the award flights - I only hope they'll still be available by then. And I know the bonus will be credited much later, but I expect the regular transaction Amex > Payback > Miles to take less than calendar 10 days.
I'm hoarding the rest of my Amex points for next year.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 4:36 am

Transfers below 10k post the next day, over 10k may get held up for manual verification. Since you have done nothing wrong you could move it all in one transaction, just be aware that it may be verified.
Old Jun 7, 2023, 9:38 pm

Transfers below 10k post the next day, over 10k may get held up for manual verification. Since you have done nothing wrong you could move it all in one transaction, just be aware that it may be verified.
I hope they won't hunt witches here. I'm hoarding these amex points for 2.5y...

And payback skipped me on some welt am sontag & co subscription - I bite the bait and got nothing back... 0 points... for about 400 EUR... I wrote a couple of emails / web forms to them. No response whatsoever. But I had no energy to follow that up. I really don't like them. Maybe this summer if I find time I'll address consumer protection in Germany (not in my nature).
Old Jun 8, 2023, 1:48 am

Transferred 10k and 18k yesterday in the am, both showed up on the M&M account this morning.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 10:15 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
Angry

Originally Posted by st8dm
I plan to transfer about 244k points from AMEX to Payback and then to MM.
Do you guys do such large transfers before? I only converted less than 100k until now, and I am concerned about hitting a cap and being unable to proceed as planned.

Now, I am fully aware of the 75k cap regarding the additional miles, but I guess I am just below that.

Can you please confirm such a (large) transfer is within the rules of Payback and MM? I don't expect Amex to object to this, but I don't want either to be stuck with 100k payback points and unable to transfer due to some obscure rule.

I also know precisely what I'm about to spend them and found the award flights - I only hope they'll still be available by then. And I know the bonus will be credited much later, but I expect the regular transaction Amex > Payback > Miles to take less than calendar 10 days.
I'm hoarding the rest of my Amex points for next year.
Transferred yesterday 200K Payback points and guess what. Now my Payback account is temporary suspended for a review........and no deposit on my M+M account.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by MumbaiDan
Transferred yesterday 200K Payback points and guess what. Now my Payback account is temporary suspended for a review........and no deposit on my M+M account.
.......s!

"it's all for your security"... no, it's for yours

I'm pretty sure this will also happen to me , especially since I'm transferring from Amex // which I guess they're not very happy with it... so, I'm mad in advance...

does anyone knows any support dial-in #?

please keep us posted MumbaiDan
Old Jun 8, 2023, 10:36 pm

tried to transfer 127000, not working : the cap is 100000 points

amex>payback took just a single day

I hope it will work to transfer the rest 27k as well

I'm waiting to see if my account will be suspended for review or anything

-------------------

Edit: I don't think the reason was the cap.
I wanted to transfer everything. And some points (1600 or so) are not "final", therefore you can't transfer them just yet, you need to wait for the promo to end.
I was able to transfer 20000 more then another 5000 more, for a total of 125000 in 3 transactions in 1 day.
Only 1600 or so are "stuck".

Last edited by st8dm; Jun 13, 2023 at 12:13 pm Reason: reasoning update
Old Jun 8, 2023, 10:52 pm

after transferring the first 100k, it's not working to transfer more. Let's see if it will work tomorrow.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 6:18 am

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
What needs to be verified when transferring PB points to M&M?
Old Jun 13, 2023, 1:55 pm

Nothing, it just takes time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.