The Definitive PAYBACK Thread

Old Jul 23, 2022, 4:36 pm

Programs: AF Ultimate, LH Senator, BA Silver; MB Titanium, HH Diamond; Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by bertles86
I know. But that wasn't the question.
Apologies - picked that up from the following post and misunderstood the question.
Old Oct 13, 2022, 1:34 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
If my partner transfers her expiring Payback points to her M&M account (non-status, no credit card) but we are pooling our miles (I have credit card, so my miles are exempt for expiring). If we were to redeem miles for flights (or whatever), how are the miles redeemed? Will the "expiring" miles that belong to my partner be used up first? Or how would it work?

Thanks for any and all info

Cheers
Old Oct 14, 2022, 1:43 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The expiring miles from the pool partner(s) are used first.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 3:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Has something changed with the 25% extra Payback points to M&M miles promo? In the past I would get the 25% extra miles right away after the Payback points posted as miles. However, this year, I only received the base amount and so far no extra 25%. Do I need to contact M&M about this?
Old Dec 14, 2022, 3:53 am

Programs: AA LT Plt, IHG Diamond, former LH HON (now Silver, Bonvoy Gold getting to Plat)
Originally Posted by mashlakito
Has something changed with the 25% extra Payback points to M&M miles promo? In the past I would get the 25% extra miles right away after the Payback points posted as miles. However, this year, I only received the base amount and so far no extra 25%. Do I need to contact M&M about this?
The 25% promo is up and running this month December. I made a transfer 10 days ago and received nothing, neither base nor promo. An inquiry at PB sent me right back to M+M, where I need to call.
Good luck with your transfer!
Old Dec 14, 2022, 6:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

The transfer should show up in a few days, the 25% promo bonus will come in January.
Old Dec 14, 2022, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
A lot of people having problems with it over on VFT. I haven't bitten this time, especially after reading the reports about it.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 1:25 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
Those who don't keep a fairly close eye on German media might have missed the news that REWE and Penny supermarkets will stop being Payback partners at the end of 2024:

https://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/un...f-025591b75165

Quite a blow for Payback and for those of us poised to lose our biggest regular non-flight source of M&M miles.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 3:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is totally right and Globus and Nahkauf are insufficient to replace REWE and PENNY. The only usable partner now seems to be dm. For fuel, usually it's madness to go to Aral on a regular basis, it's too expensive. There was a rumour circulating that Payback will try to entice ALDI to join
Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:36 am

Nahkauf is also Rewe. Rewe wanted out, so I suppose others will come in. I'm hoping Edeka will give up its stupid 'Deutschlandcard' and maybe join PB.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well the problem with EDEKA is that every time I go there, in various cities in Nordrhein Westfalen, the Deutschland Card is abruptly rejected. So it seems that the EDEKA branches that accept the DC are not in that part of Germany. If EDEKA leaves Deutschland Card, then that leaves Netto, which is about the ONLY thing I use the DC for.
Old Jan 26, 2023, 2:10 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; IHG Diamond-Amb; Accor & Meli & HH & Marriott Gold
It's certainly possible that Payback could sign up EDEKA, or ALDI, or Kaufland -- but it's very early days and so far I don't believe there have been any public indications of who's talking to whom.

(Netto belongs to EDEKA, so if one joins PB we can expect the other to join as well.)
Old Feb 2, 2023, 8:50 am

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
I've made some subscription purchases and didn't get my points. Yes, I know about cookies & all - it was all legit.

I made a case on their website months ago. No response.
Any idea how to escalate?
Old Feb 2, 2023, 9:45 am

Burda? You have to complain to the email ID [email protected]

Takes a month for them to respond. Just attach screen shots of the confirmation email you got.
st8dm likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2023, 4:02 pm

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Burda? You have to complain to the email ID [email protected]

Takes a month for them to respond. Just attach screen shots of the confirmation email you got.

thanks!

it was also at welt am Sontag and focus

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.