Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive PAYBACK Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2020, 1:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The Q4 25% transfer to M&M bonus is back, this time they are paying the bonus on the spot with the xfer.

deer likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2020, 2:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
It's a good offer, but my feeling is that Payback is best kept as pure cash at the moment.

EDIT - I am really not sure about Payback at the moment. It seems they are losing two more partners these days, on being Nordsee and the other being real supermarkets.
We also last year lost Kaufhof and one other important partner I can't remember just now.
gum likes this.

Last edited by Concerto; Nov 6, 2020 at 9:26 am
Old Jun 4, 2021, 3:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

25% bonus is back for transfers >3000 miles: https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en...ilesontop.html
Old Jun 4, 2021, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, if you happen to have some Payback points coming up for expiry in September this is a good option for using them.
Old Nov 9, 2021, 6:59 am

Q4/21 has a 25% transfer bonus again: https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/de...ontop_pay.html
worldclubber likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 11:54 am

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
Payback (German promotion), Amex & MM, please advise

Hello there,

currently, there is a promotion https://www.miles-and-more.com/de/en...ontop_pay.html
+25% miles when transferring from Payback points to MM. The promotion runs out on Dec 31st.

Those based in DACH, you know this very well. All others - it doesn't apply to you, so I won't go into details.
It's a no-brainer to transfer your Payback now to MM.

But, in my case, I need a bit of advice.
I also have 100k+ in Amex MR.
Now, these points are transferred to 1:2 to Payback and, thanks to this promotion, 1:1.25 to MM.
This transfer would bring me 100k AmexMR > 62.5k MM.

What would you do? Should I make the transfer or wait for better times?

I clearly remember a notice that Amex:Payback was 1:1 (I guess early 2020 or something) but I can't find that reference anymore and it's gone anyway.
Do you recall ? Is this something recurrent with Amex Germany? or it was a one-time thing? (or I'm going senile - it might be).
If such a promotion it's recurrent and may come back, then I should wait.

I'm really looking for advice.

---
Now, how I intend to use the miles & personal situation.
I don't have a lot of award miles already sitting in my account -- just 60k.
I'm currently doing a mileage run for SEN, taking advantage of this year's double status.
I'm pretty sure I'll be SEN until Feb 2024, if some unfortunate event won't occur. So expiry won't be an issue.
I do not intend to claim the miles in 2022, as I'll be pretty busy with other stuff.
But 2023 - yeah, I'm shooting for an award, definitely.
---

I don't know what to do: exchange everything now or wait for better days.

Thanks all,
Stefan
Old Nov 25, 2021, 12:02 am

The 25% bonus come about twice a year, so if you don't need the award miles I wouldn't transfer any MR now.
jmsala and st8dm like this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 4:02 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
Well, if you happen to have some Payback points coming up for expiry in September this is a good option for using them.
If I read the terms correctly, payback points do not expire
Old Nov 28, 2021, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I believe that they do expire, after 3 years, but only at the end of the month of September. I'm not fully sure how it works, so I try to use my points so that I don't have any coming up for expiry.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 6:14 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
I believe that they do expire, after 3 years, but only at the end of the month of September. I'm not fully sure how it works, so I try to use my points so that I don't have any coming up for expiry.
I've read the terms better. You are correct, payback points do expire after 3 years.

still, my original question from #381 remains: what's the best approach here ?
To use this seasonal promo and transfer all AMR > Payback > MM or wait for a better one? (1:1 Payback:Amex ever existed, or I'm crazy ?!)
Any other opinions besides @oliver2002?

thanks
Old Jun 2, 2022, 2:23 am

25% bonus time again:

PAYBACK

Punkte in Prämienmeilen umwandeln und 25 Prozent Meilen zusätzlich erhalten

Miles & More Teilnehmende können im Juni ganz einfach auf PAYBACK.de manuell PAYBACK Punkte im Verhältnis 1:1 in Prämienmeilen umwandeln. Ab 4.000 umgewandelten Punkten gibt es 25 Prozent Meilen extra. Erstmals ist das Angebot nicht nur in Deutschland, sondern auch für den Markt Österreich verfügbar.

Aktionszeitraum: 01.06. - 30.06.2022

Weitere Infos für Deutschland hier und für Österreich hier.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 10:19 pm

Programs: AF Ultimate, LH Senator, BA Silver; MB Titanium, HH Diamond; Starbucks Gold
Does anybody please know whether German Payback accounts with a non-DE address are able to convert points to award miles for a non-DE M&M account?

I am asking about the regular transfer (as the 25 % promo's T&C explicitly mention AT & DE M&M accounts only).

Payback's M&M website offers me the option to transfer points without any warnings (using non-DE address & non-DE M&M number), and their T&C explicitly state EEA residents can participate in the Payback programme. M&M website states that "This offer only applies to Germany." and has a link to the Payback's M&M website.

Update after calling M&M DE line (English option): After some initial guessing, the agent told me they had no information on this and that, supposedly, "the last Payback promotion was in 2020" - after I told them about the current promotion, they told me they had "no such information on their system" and did not hang up the call so I could not proceed to the feedback questionnaire at the end. Therefore I am putting my hopes towards the resourceful members of this forum.

Last edited by yareku; Jun 23, 2022 at 11:36 pm Reason: update after calling the M&M line
Old Jun 24, 2022, 12:40 am

The fine print restrictions are only in there for legal reasons. If you have an account on payback.de you will be able to transfer points to M&M. Payback had quite a few subsidiaries outside of Germany who all had different terms for conversion to M&M (India was 10:1 for example) but those deals are all gone.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 1:14 am

Programs: AF Ultimate, LH Senator, BA Silver; MB Titanium, HH Diamond; Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The fine print restrictions are only in there for legal reasons. If you have an account on payback.de you will be able to transfer points to M&M. Payback had quite a few subsidiaries outside of Germany who all had different terms for conversion to M&M (India was 10:1 for example) but those deals are all gone.
Thank you very much for the quick reply - you really seem to know everything LH-related.

My enthusiasm has just been curbed by not finding any Burda Direkt coupons in my account (I thought the Fokus promo would end on 3 July), so the transfer will be much more modest than I hoped. Even tried registering for a new account with a German address and nichts.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 10:02 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
I have transferred 75000 AMEX points into Payback and did the 25% transfer to M+M after completion. How often can I make this transfer within the promotional period from Payback to M+M, will it only work ONCE or can I do this several times?
Reason is, I have a bunch of Payback points left and all I use them for is M+M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.