Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Definitive PAYBACK Thread

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:21 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Yep, and Real is hitting back with a 2-12x promo. Life is good. Yesterday the local Rewe cashier said with (they hate payback for some reason): 'you have earned 427 points' and then 'wait a minute, you just spent only 32eur, that should be only 16 points??' I just
Old Mar 20, 2014, 4:09 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
German supermarket REWE: 20-fold Payback points for some items

Untargeted offer, no coupon, no invitation necessary

The German full-service supermarket REWE some weeks ago launched its participation on the Payback programme.

Payback points can be changed to LH M&M& award miles in a ratio 1:1.

Although the normal miles collecting rate of 2 Euro turnover = 1 Payback point = 1 LH award Mile is not great there is indeed a great introductory offer:

Ritter Sport chocolate gives 20-fold points
Piling up washing agents from Procter & Gamble delivers 30-fold points.

http://www.rewe.de/payback/highlights-und-aktionen.html

Nearly no hooks:
+ valid until Saturday March 22th, 2014
+ minimum turnover for the bonus is 2 Euro in the corrresponding category (therefore delivering at least 1 point to multiply).

Isn't that a nasty way for collecting award miles?

Hope you enjoy.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
There is an offer of 2,000 bonus points at Payback for rentals with Sixt in addition to the quadruple points per €1 spend, which seems pretty decent. Bear in mind that Payback points can be converted 1:1 to M&M award miles.

http://www.sixt.de/php/reservation/s...tent=nl_rac_de

I don't think it is targeted, although maybe someone has a better idea about that than me. Link is only in German because Payback, like M&M, is a German loyalty programme.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:14 am

FYI, there's payback in Poland as well!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 5:16 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Originally Posted by whitesoxer
FYI, there's payback in Poland as well!
And in India! (different conversion ratio to M&M though).

I think I'll this sixt/payback offer pass. Too much fine print, I rather rent for 30€ less and get regular 500 miles.
Old Apr 30, 2014, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like there's 1,500º Payback points up for grabs, convertible 1:1 to M&M miles, for €13.60. Not sure if you can get €5 rebate for paying by direct Bank Einzug, and I'm not sure if there is a limit on how often you can take these promotions at Payback, like there is at Miles & More (one special subscription every 6 months only, or sometimes one per 12 months).

http://www.lesershop24.de/app/naviga...d=55_14057_021

A couple pointers on this sub: I have just come to the end of the last offer, and it is an easy read for the most part. It is nice and compact, too, and doesn't get shredded going through the letterbox, as Die Welt am Sonntag does.
You have to take care of the canceling business carefully. It requires calling them, and I go through the motions twice, just to be sure they got the message. The other thing is, they will ring you up periodically to try and sell you another subscription, which can be annoying if you are abroad a lot, as I am.
Old May 1, 2014, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
It's really scraping the barrel, because it feels like there are no interesting promotions (and the M&M homepage is just boring these days), but I did find one fairly decent offer: 6,000 miles for 13 weeks of the F.A.Z.’s Sunday paper (Frankfurter Allgemeine Sonntagszeitung), cost €39.90.
Thanks for posting!

Regarding Payback points, is there any way you can benefit from those offers (and 1:1 conversion ratio to M&M) if you do not live in Germany?
Old May 1, 2014, 8:30 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mmff
Regarding Payback points, is there any way you can benefit [...] if you do not live in Germany?
Their terms and conditions require you to be resident in Germany, but they don't require proof and I don't believe addresses are compared when you transfer points.

You would need a German address to receive correspondence -- and of course the whole exercise will only make sense if you do things that will earn you points, such as shopping in Germany.
Old May 5, 2014, 2:34 am
gum

Payback/Amex Promotion is back

Originally Posted by Concerto
That's good, collecting those stamps is going slowly for me this time round. On the other hand, earlier this week the customer in front of me handed me 20 stamps for their purchase. A surprising number of people don't collect Trophy stamps. Might get back to you later about the stamps.
Just would like to inform the Fellow FTers that tha Payback/American Express Credit Card Promotion is back!

Key facts:
+ Welcome bonus of 4,000 Payback points which can be easily converted to 4,000 Lufthansa Miles & More miles.
+ No annual fee for the first and the subsequent years. PSE print the original page and stitch it to the account statement. Normally the card would be 40 Euros from the second year on.
+ Allows you to establish a relationship with Amex and later keep the card or upsell/change it to another card with Membership Rewards if you would like
+ The credit card points are awarded additionally to the "normal" Payback points you would get when just using the point collection card and not the credit card.

Validity:
+ from now on

Downsides:
- The card collects Payback points only with a ratio of 1 Euro = 0,5 Payback points except 2 "Lieblingspartner" which collect 1 Euro = 1 Paybackj point
- Therefore the points collection speed is lower than the several offers of the Sparkasse or the Miles & More Credit card.
+ No points for gasoline outside Aral.

My recommendation:
+ A fully functionable American Express Card for a bargain price with Miles collection facility
+ especially suitable for young customers wanting to have a real credit card and in the first years of membership not charging too much. After one year you could recheck your credit card strategy.
+ Due to the annual fee of zero Euro also suitable as second credit card

Link:
1.) Enter payback.de
2.) /
3.) Amex 4000
Gives you direct access to the website of Payback. No affiliate commission respectively Tell your friends promotion.

Hope you enjoy.

P.S.: If I would start my membership with Payback I would open the membership in two steps: Take the normal points collector card of Kaufhof (often delivering 10 percent discount on nearly all articles and further coupons).

Then apply for the American Express Payback Card. So you can use both cards separately.
Old May 30, 2014, 7:11 am
gum

Promotion for the Payback Amex card: No annual fee

Just have seen the promotion for the American Express/Payback Card:

Until May 31st, 2014 not only the annual fee for the first year is waived.

Additionally the card is "dauerhaft kostenlos"! That means that there is no annual fee whatsoever. Even in the subsequent years.

http://aktionen.payback.de/amex4000/

or

https://www.payback.de/pb/americanex...d=01_900563_01
(EDIT: shows the new validity: June 15th, 2014)

1.) Strictly recommend to open the footnote 1 and print it. And keep it with your papers.

2.) Please also have a look on the points collection rate. At most shops this card only collects 0,50 Payback Points = 0,50 LH Miles & More award mile per 1 Euro turnover.

The pro is that the Payback programme (both the version with and without the Amex credit card) often have 10 percent discount on nearly all Galeria Kaufhof products (except small electronics & similar which is only 5 % and food 0 %).

Sometimes you get some 5-fold point vouchers for DM (drugstore) etc..

So for people not wanting to have the more expensive official Miles & More Card this could be a great alternative. Also in view of beginning a relationship with Amex and later changing to a card with Membership rewards instead of the Payback system.

After issue of the card you get the 4,000 Payback points = 4,000 LH award miles for ZERO Euro. And can convert them whenever you want ("Umwandlung nach Bedarf").

Hope you enjoy.

Last edited by gum; May 30, 2014 at 7:34 am
Old Jun 2, 2014, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Spidermonkeys!~ I don't believe it!

You know, I already did one of these to get Payback points last year. Points turned up immediately, and when I tried to use the same email address for the May promotion it said that this email address was already used. So I did the May promotion using one of my many other email address. Now I am very tempted to do it again for the June promotion, with yet another email address. Of course, I haven't checked any conditions or rules to see if it is ok to have more than one De.mail address. Can't see why it would be a problem.
Old Jul 21, 2014, 1:32 pm

2500P for 28EUR: http://www.leserservice.de/aktionen/...ngebot-1.Cover

BTW, the worldshop has a 3x promo going on. I have a few 10% off coupons (miles or cash) from the ITB left at home, send me a PM if you need the code!
Old Sep 15, 2014, 1:28 pm

2000P for 20.35EUR: http://www.leserservice.de/aktionen/...gebot-3.Button
Old Sep 17, 2014, 5:26 am

A few ways to get 1000°P for 5-8€: http://www.abo-frosch.de/leserservice-payback-abos.html
Old Oct 20, 2014, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Among the offers this week from Deutsche Post LESERSERVICE is 6-Monatsabo (6 month sub) for petra for EUR14.60, with 2,000 Payback points in the pot (convertible as always at 1:1 into M&M miles). Remember, you have to be careful about cancelling these otherwise they get automatically converted into an ongoing sub. I usually call and back it up with a stock letter.

http://www.leserservice.de/aktionen/payback-aktion.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.