The Definitive PAYBACK Thread

Old May 18, 11, 3:25 am

Originally Posted by German-FLyer View Post
Hi all,

I have recently transferred 74K points from my Payback account to my M&M account. Normally they should post within a couple of days, but now it's been about two weeks and they still didn't post.

I contacted Payback, they told me to contact M&M. After calling M&M, they promised they would look into it and shortly after I got an email from Payback telling me the transfer was still pending and asking for my patience. Did anyone here have a similar experience? Normally I would be patient, but I am looking to book an award for August/September and only a few dates are still open... Should I worry?

Thankful for any advise!

German-FLyer

Payback points are only transferred twice a year into your M&M account, in March and September. Having signed up for the payback promo to have them converted 1=1 into miles does not mean it will be transferred immediately. So I assume in your situation, you will have to wait until September. So my question to German-FLyer:

Have you really transferred the points (how?) or just signed up for the transfer?
Old May 18, 11, 5:10 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
Points and cash payments can be made anytime

Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck View Post
[/B]:

Have you really transferred the points (how?) or just signed up for the transfer?
There are two ways of converting PAYBACK points to LH (award) miles:
1.) The first one is the (correctly) mentioned subscription of a transfer two times a year.
2.) Just writing them a letter stating you PAYBACK account nr. and your LH Miles and More number and they will convert them 1:1 to LH Miles. If I remember correctly this is done in about one week. Although this is not published any more it should work.
In my case my surname and the surname on Payback were the same due to the fact that I transferred the points between my own accounts.

3.) Another way of paying the PAYBACK points out is to convert them 1:1 to the European currency Euro cent. This means 1.000 PAYBACK points will result in 10 (TEN) Euro.
So the conversion rate to LH M&M is much better.

Method 2 and 3 work from 1,000 PAYBACK points on.

Hope this helps.
Old May 18, 11, 6:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by supermasterphil View Post
No, I have no answer to that since I never came even closely to such a high Payback account balance.

I am rather amazed about how much you have spent with Payback partners or was there a promo I missed?
Since the transfer normally used to work within a couple of days, I have accumulated quite some points on my payback account over the years, just as a reserve. Now that I need them, they seem to be as reliable as some state bonds in Europe...

As gum mentioned, you can either use the subscription service, which will transfer your Payback balance twice a year (Meilen-Abo) or whenever you need it (Umwandlung nach Bedarf), which now has a transfer minimum of 200 points (rather than 1000 points in the past). Both can be done online and I have used it in the past.

Originally Posted by sperrgepaeck View Post
Payback points are only transferred twice a year into your M&M account, in March and September. Having signed up for the payback promo to have them converted 1=1 into miles does not mean it will be transferred immediately. So I assume in your situation, you will have to wait until September. So my question to German-FLyer:

So yes, I am sure the points are being transferred (they have also been deducted from my account) and even Payback admits, that it shouldn't take more than 3 working days.

I have now spoken with a supervisor from Payback and she promised to call me back today, but I am not getting my hopes up... I guess I will just have to use some Starpoints to get the job done in time
Old May 18, 11, 7:08 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, DL PM, IC RA
Originally Posted by German-FLyer View Post
Hi all,

I have recently transferred 74K points from my Payback account to my M&M account. Normally they should post within a couple of days, but now it's been about two weeks and they still didn't post.

I contacted Payback, they told me to contact M&M. After calling M&M, they promised they would look into it and shortly after I got an email from Payback telling me the transfer was still pending and asking for my patience. Did anyone here have a similar experience? Normally I would be patient, but I am looking to book an award for August/September and only a few dates are still open... Should I worry?

Thankful for any advise!

German-FLyer
I had the same with 55k. After 4 weeks I called Payback and they referred me to M&M. After 3 more days all miles showed up on my account
Old May 18, 11, 9:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by cgnSenator View Post
I had the same with 55k. After 4 weeks I called Payback and they referred me to M&M. After 3 more days all miles showed up on my account
Thanks a lot! So I guess I am not the only one having problems.

I will wait a couple more days, hoping that the miles will eventually show up, before transferring SPG points to my M&M account...
Old Dec 1, 17, 2:23 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Payback points conversions in December 2017 higher than 5000P will be rewarded with 25% points with a cap of 75k. https://www.miles-and-more.com/onlin...odeid=81992656
Old Dec 3, 17, 10:29 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Melia Platinum, SIXT Platinum, Accor Silver, Lufthansa FTL
It is higher than 2000P, not 5000P.