Search

Lounge access in Madrid

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2004, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 2MM (*G)
Lounge access in Madrid

Hello everyone!

I just checked with the LH online-Lounge-directory that *G-members have no lounge to access in Madrid. (I´m a UA *G)

Can anyone please confirm that the Spanair-Business-Lounge must not be used!?!

Thanks.

F.R.
Old May 22, 2004, 10:23 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyin´ruddl
Hello everyone!

I just checked with the LH online-Lounge-directory that *G-members have no lounge to access in Madrid. (I´m a UA *G)

Can anyone please confirm that the Spanair-Business-Lounge must not be used!?!

Thanks.

F.R.
I have used the Spanair Lounge at MAD many times, using my LH*G card, travelling on BMI and LH. It is located in Concourse B, in the Schengen section of the terminal. It is next door to the passport control for the non-Schengen gates.

It is a designated Star Alliance Gold lounge with the sign outside the door. It is also very nice (good drinks selection, free internet access (but only 1 computer!) and comfortable seats. You get an OK view out onto the apron.
Old May 22, 2004, 3:40 pm

2 spanair lounges

Just a small addendum. In Madrid there are 2 Spanair lounges, one for the Barcelona-Madrid shuttle (you will not be allowed there if you don't fly to BCN on JK) and the general one. Also they have wifi internet for about 14EUR 24 hours access or 9EUR 30min access.
Old May 23, 2004, 1:20 am
Suspended

Programs: ANA PLAT,CI GOLD,LH SEN,Hyatt Gold.
I found the lounge in Madrid nice but at 06.00 having a bunch of Spanish business men all smoking cigars at te front desk whilst signing in doesnt do much for the stomach
Old May 23, 2004, 7:35 am

Programs: BA Bronze, LH, FB, Eurostar, SIXT Platinum, SLH, Sofitel Gold, Marriott Silver, Club Lee Gold
Flew MAD-MUC last June when still just FTL and got into the Sala VIP (airport-run lounge) with one guest and no questions asked.

Not sure whether this was normal practice, or just an early-morning stroke of luck.
Old May 24, 2004, 3:10 am

Programs: LH Sen; BA Gold; HH Diamond; *W Gold
In MAD and BCN Spanair staff is quite friendly, if you talk to them in Spanish and say how nice the city... Then they should let you in even as a FTL.
The food/beverage selection is catering to the local taste and if you like olives you should be able to have a nice wait there. And surprisingly for Spain even a non-smoker can enjoy the time in the lounge, while in the concourses still nobody cares about the non-smoking signs.
Old May 24, 2004, 2:00 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Sala VIP is the official loungue for SEN and all C pax. FTL can sneak in depending on mood of the warden and the occupancy level at that point.

Regards Oliver
Old Jun 15, 2019, 2:22 am

Between the Sala VIP Puerta de Alcala and Sala VIP Puerta del Sol, which has better breakfast in the morning before 11am? Will there be hot food?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.