Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Old May 17, 2004, 2:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Cool Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

sunseeker's post in the other thread made me wonder...which celebrities have you spotted on LH flights?

Within the last few weeks, I sat in the same cabin with some German half-celebrities only...no really famous peole...among those were Mr. Kalkofe (TV host), Ms. Varell (singer), Mr. Danner (TV Formula 1 expert, former Formula 1 driver).

And to make this somewhat miles- and points-related...not all of them were SEN...at least the lady was a FTL. I wonder if these people even know of all the great promotions which are sometimes posted here! .

So, to all the paparazzi here...which celebrities have you seen on recent flights? Or are you one yourself?
Old May 17, 2004, 3:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Sat behind Günther Jauch and his Wife MUC-TXL last year a few days bfore christmas. Both had aisle seats in first row of Y. The crew offered to move the curtain a row back so that they have some privacy, which they politely refused. Baggage was tagged with the red priority flag, which both ripped off as they took it off the belt.

Regards Oliver
Old May 17, 2004, 3:11 am

Sat next (1C) to F. Müntefering - Head of German party SPD - (1D) from TXL to FRA on an old A300 two weeks ago.

Was wondering what he did in C - would have thought that he would ride in the back of the bus with the comrades / "Kollegen"

Cheers

Thomas
Old May 17, 2004, 3:22 am

Programs: LH Sen; BA Gold; HH Diamond; *W Gold
Sat next to Florian Gerster (1 A) (former head of the German Unemployment Office)a couple of months ago on MSO-FRA. Nothing special, except that it was the day that he was going to be sacked. Poor guy looked very lonely as he came off a press conference where journalists were only asking about the wrong doings of his agency and not about the "great successes" they made by restructuring the Münster agency.
Old May 17, 2004, 3:44 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Sat next to once on a flight FRA-EDI.

Last edited by pmcg; May 18, 2014 at 6:00 am
Old May 17, 2004, 4:27 am

Programs: LH HON, Hyatt Globalist
I have flown in the same cabin with Johannes B. Kerner on a FRA-HAM, and again on a HAM-FRA, where JBK was chatting with Carsten Spengemann while walking down the jet way in front of me. JBK settled in C, Mr. Spengemann took a seat in why.

Regards

/baggage tag
Old May 17, 2004, 5:03 am
Uli

Rudi Völler -- FRA-MUC
Old May 17, 2004, 5:34 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

some years ago
TXL - DUS with Mr. Jürgen W. Möllemann (former member of the FDP, died last year)

August 2002
HAM - DUS with former chancellor Helmut Schmidt

November 2003
MUC - DUS with the team of the MSV Duisburg
Old May 17, 2004, 6:11 am

Programs: AY-G, TK*S, AB-S, EY, LH, DL, UA, BA, AA, all hotel programmes
saturday evening OLT charter from MUC to BRE... whole Werder Bremen team celebrating with me,,
oh just kidding - that was a dream I had.... celebrated with them this weekend though .... on Bremens main town square - cheers to the best soccer team in the world!
Old May 17, 2004, 6:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Talking

Originally Posted by mith
cheers to the best soccer team in the world!
Sorry, but despite a weak year, this would still be Bayern München .
Old May 17, 2004, 9:11 am

It seems as if flights from TXL are good for seeing local celebrities. I met:

Kurt Beck and Rainer Brüderle (prime minister of rhinland paletinate) in C TXL-FRA

Wim Thoelke (german talkmaster, died a few years ago) in F TXL-FRA (that was in 1991)

Michel Friedman (german talkmaster) in C FRA-MXP

A few month ago I was on a flight from ZRH to FRA and my neighbour was asked by 2 other guests for an autograph. I still did not find out who he was
Old May 17, 2004, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by attorney28
Sorry, but despite a weak year, this would still be Bayern München .

Back to topic:

Marius Müller-Westernhagen and his wife LHR-HAM in C one row behind me
Günther Netzer HAM-MUC
Sarah Connor BRE-FRA
Petra & Olga Nemcova on several flights.
Thomas D & Hausmarke (German rappers) STR-BRE
Old May 17, 2004, 9:30 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Oh horror, I once flew HAM-FRA with Karl Moik and he entertained the bus that drove us to the plane in either FRA or HAM, can't remember.

In the MUC lounge I saw actor Götz George with his wife (or friend?), don't know where they flew to.

In the FRA lounge (B SEN) I saw Norbert Hauk, chief of the mclaren-mercedes team, exiting the conference room. I think he had a red F ticket in his shirt-pocket.
Old May 17, 2004, 9:45 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tirreg
A few month ago I was on a flight from ZRH to FRA and my neighbour was asked by 2 other guests for an autograph. I still did not find out who he was
Rudi!
Old May 17, 2004, 9:53 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by attorney28
Rudi!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.