Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Old Jul 9, 05, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I guess that LH does NOT get many big time international (non- German speaking world) celebrities on its flights, compare to equivalent threads on other airlines and there sure is a difference (and weird because I have sat next to Thomas Gottschalk on two occasions - for those unfamiliar, the biggest talk show/weird variety show presenter that looks like a refugee from the 80's pop group Europe).
Old Jul 10, 05, 11:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, LH SEN, LC Aur, Hyatt Dmd, Mar/SPG "Lifetime" Plat, HH Dmd, IC Amb, Sixt Dmd
Originally Posted by hfly
... Thomas Gottschalk on two occasions - for those unfamiliar, the biggest talk show/weird variety show presenter that looks like a refugee from the 80's pop group Europe).
He does .
Old Jul 13, 05, 11:32 pm

Bond, JAMES Bond !

last night (not LH, still *A) :

sir (? not sure) sean connery and wife ( at least rather his age than the chicks you see him with on the screen ) in F on SQ 322 SIN - LHR .

still a charismatic guy !
Old Jul 14, 05, 2:38 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Yes, Sir,

he is Sir Sean Connery!

Great actor, gentlemen and very decent golfer.
Old Jul 17, 05, 5:55 am

Not a real celebrity but all the time in the media: Prof. Norbert Walter, Chief Economist of Deutsche Bank. On a LH FRA-MUC evening flight in C-class.
Old Jul 17, 05, 6:24 am

Originally Posted by werni
Dr. Peter Hartz (HARTZ 4) on LH 503 flight from EZE to GRU. May 1st. Paid First.
Probably not travelling alone ...
Old Jul 17, 05, 7:22 pm

Location: UA 1K 3MM, UA 1P/1K since mid '80s; CO Bronze/Silver since mid 80's, Austin, Texas
Two years ago I flew FRA-ABV (Abuja, Nigeria) in C. I recognized the well-known evangelist Reinhardt Bonnke in F. He had an entourage of a few people flying with him, but they were in economy.

Eight days later I was returning from ABV to FRA, and once again, Reinhardt Bonnke was in F. This time I managed to get upgraded to F. We were the only two in the cabin. I chatted with him a bit. He's a very nice guy. I appreciate his message and integrity. I had taught a class of 50 people. He had talked to 50,000 people. Good for him. I wouldn't trade.
Old Jul 18, 05, 9:49 am

Programs: M&M Freq, BA, Emirates, KLM, CSA
Paul Young

Paul Young ('Wherever I Lay My Hatí 'Every Time You Go Away'), on the Dusseldorf to London flight a couple of Sundays ago.

He is firmly in the "semi-celebrities" group now, and he was obviously returning from some second rate venue in Germany, and was sitting in economy.
Old Jul 22, 05, 6:11 am

Programs: UA
Philip Seymour Hoffman (Mr Ripley, Mission Impossible III,...), today FCO-FRA
Old Jul 31, 05, 6:42 am

Programs: LH HON
Ron Sommer

Ron Sommer, former CEO of Deutsche Telekom in F (of course) on July 27 in LH433 from ORD to FRA...my upgrade to F was finally denied...so I had to sit in one of those old C-Seats (crap, couldn't sleep a lot). Met Sommer back in the elevator in Terminal 1 / A to the 7th floor where the LH valet parking puts your car while leaving it at the F-Terminal. His car was a silver A8 with a cologne license plate....

Anyhow signed another sick bag ... http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=453895

cheers
HON_Hunter
Old Aug 5, 05, 11:15 am

04.08 Christopher Walken in F seat 1D LH 400
Old Aug 5, 05, 11:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Tim2008
04.08 Christopher Walken in F seat 1D LH 400
Grace Jones sitting next to him ?
Old Aug 5, 05, 4:28 pm
txl

Programs: AB Plat (OWE), AY Silver (OWR)
Originally Posted by Threy
Grace Jones sitting next to him ?
or for that matter: James Senjun Smithe?
Old Aug 8, 05, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 2MM/GS; SPG Lifetime Plat; MHC Lifetime; Tar Heel forever; and I "Dig the Pig" at Piggly Wiggly
My gosh....altho a born Yank, my parents are from Germany, my grandparents still live in Germany, I spent almost every summer (school holidays) in Germany, I speak fluent German.........and I have no idea who most of these folks are. Truly sad for me!

I sat one row in front of Steffi Graf and her baby F/C SFO to FRA. They live in the Bay Area.

Sat across the aisle from Beverly Sills about 20 years ago.

LaToya Jackson (friendly) on a LHR to FRA flight and 1 year later Janet Jackson (snob) from BER-LHR.

We were on Christmas holiday 2 years ago.....Leonardo DeCaprio in front of us LAX-FRA. Almost every staff came to greet him, most asked for autographs. Elderly man next to him finally stuttered....."Who are you?"

Many other sightings, but on other airlines.
Old Aug 8, 05, 3:47 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold
Sat next to Barbara Becker on LHR - MUC sometimes last year. No kids with her - took me a while to recognize her as well. Only after the FA's were overly attentative I got a little suspicious.

Had Hardy Krueger (Sr.) on FRA - LAX in C in the row in front of me. I think he lives somewhere in Califoria (or Alaska).

Search this Thread