Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2005, 8:21 pm

on LH 450 FRA/LAX Barry Manilow and his posse today upstairs. Very nice folks, Barry was right in front of me.
Old May 25, 2005, 12:41 pm

Programs: LH FTL, PC Gold, HH Gold
Ulrich Wickert (german TV news anchorman) today on HAM-CGN in Economy class.
Old Jun 23, 2005, 7:04 pm

Programs: LH*G/SEN, goldpoints plus G, HHonors G, Kempinski Private Concierge, AW Prestige, Sixt Platinum
06/12/05 FRA-MIA: Wolfgang Mayrhuber
Guess which cabin!
He went to each cabin to chat with the FAs in the galley. Some FAs were taking pictures with him.
A FA enthused about Wolfgang. She told me that he personally served the coffee to the FAs on a past flight.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 1:12 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Ahhh! Lucky you! I guess you have experienced super - ultra - exceptional service...

Originally Posted by BP_cosmopolitan
06/12/05 FRA-MIA: Wolfgang Mayrhuber
Guess which cabin!
Let me guess! Hmmmm, A,B,C,D,E, ...., Y!! That's it! Did I get it right? I'm sure that Wolf would be thrilled to enjoy the Y long-haul experience!

He went to each cabin to chat with the FAs in the galley. Some FAs were taking pictures with him.
Say cheese!!Hooo!

A FA enthused about Wolfgang. She told me that he personally served the coffee to the FAs on a past flight.
And I am sure that you sympathized... Top management mambo-jambo...

Can you guys now imagine a plane full of FTers, whining to him for 9 hrs? That would be awesome!
And Wolfgang serving them by asking "do you want some cheese with the ...whine?"
Old Jun 24, 2005, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by andre1970
Can you guys now imagine a plane full of FTers, whining to him for 9 hrs? That would be awesome!
And Wolfgang serving them by asking "do you want some cheese with the ...whine?"
So all we need is an insider who's kind enough to post his upcoming travel plans.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 4:16 am

Programs: LH FTL
In October '99 Helmut Kohl had to wait for me on the very short flight TXL-HAM.

I was held up by a LH employee that tried to persuade me to change my itinerary TXL-HAM-LHR to TXL-FRA-LHR without telling me the reason.

In HAM I found out that HAM-LHR was desperately oversold. I ended up with a later flight in C and a 600 DM VDB voucher.
Old Jun 24, 2005, 8:44 am

I sat between the whole Bayern Munich FC team many years ago, MUC-FRA I think. Lothar Mathaeus was still playing then...
Old Jun 24, 2005, 11:19 am

Programs: LH FTL
A few days ago CDU politician Roland Koch was in C on a TXL-FRA flight ... I think no HON will ever get the attention and support service he got ...
Old Jun 28, 2005, 7:54 am

Programs: LH SEN, Goldpointsplus Gold Elite
I sat next to Patrick Kühnen (German Davis Cup Chief and former Tennis Pro) on Sunday morning (LON-MUC 9:30) in Y! At least there is proof now that tall people fit in LH Eco.

I did not recognize the guy in the beginning. He was standing behind us when we checked in at the 1st Class check in and caused a little delay since the eTIX for the infant did not show up... When the FA addressed him with his name I looked closer...
Old Jun 28, 2005, 8:13 am

MUC-HAM Felix Magath, coach from Bayern Munich
TXL airport lounge Sabine Christiansen, chat-show hostess
MUC-FRA Florian Silbereisen, moderator for "ethnic music"
Old Jun 28, 2005, 8:34 am

Programs: LH SEN, QF PS, Sixt , Bahn,...
Originally Posted by TimWong
TXL airport lounge Sabine Christiansen, chat-show hostess
And former LH-FA...

BTW in TXL there is a huge Politician Load.
On my Flights from MUC to TXL there is very often a famous politician on board. Was several times in the same plane as Edmund Stoiber (Ministerpräsident Bavaria) and some of his Minister-Collegues.

Last edited by dia15222; Jun 28, 2005 at 8:37 am
Old Jun 30, 2005, 2:07 pm

Programs: LH SEN
Famous basketball start today

Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks and German national player flying AMS-FRA in Y (OK, I think they gave him an exit row, but still, I was surprised he wasn't flying C)....

He had made an attempt to "disguise" himself, but how does a 2,10m giant do that
Old Jun 30, 2005, 2:50 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by floris_FRA
Dirk Nowitzki of the Dallas Mavericks and German national player flying AMS-FRA in Y (OK, I think they gave him an exit row, but still, I was surprised he wasn't flying C)....

He had made an attempt to "disguise" himself, but how does a 2,10m giant do that
C won't help that guy on short haul. His only saviour *is* the exit row - and that thing happens to be in Y :-)
Old Jul 4, 2005, 5:02 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Right now in the Business Lounge at LHR (because you bloddy moan SEN's dont' like us other *G's -- we'll sort you lot out!). Anyway, Glynis Kinnock MEP (wife of former Labour Leader Neil Kinnock). She was being interviewed about Live8, by I think Sky News. I think she's on the LH 4727 with me to FRA (unless she's off to MUC instead).
Old Jul 9, 2005, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Well Glynis was on the flight to FRA -- In Economy!

Would have thought they'd do some sort of VIP upgrade at least.

On the way back, this past Friday, the 8th. The Scorpians (www.the-scorpians.com), rock band from the 80's in the B area SEN Lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.