Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Reply

Old May 31, 10, 5:28 am
  #751  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: KUL
Programs: LH, BA, MH, VS, SPG, ICH, SIXT
Posts: 67
John Locke from LOST, but maybe that was on Oceanic 815 and not LH......
spongebobkl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 10, 6:23 am
  #752  
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 255
He was in NYC to cook for Thomas Gottschalk's birthday party. There was a big report about that on the radio.

Originally Posted by swiss-mike View Post
30 May 2010, LH 411 JFK-MUC: Alfons Schuhbeck on 11K. He didn't say "Do fehlt Salz"
FTMucGer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 10, 7:17 am
  #753  
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: CH
Programs: Quite a few...
Posts: 127
Originally Posted by FTMucGer View Post
He was in NYC to cook for Thomas Gottschalk's birthday party. There was a big report about that on the radio.
Yeah. I just found that out myself - I had to google it rolleyes:
swiss-mike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 10, 1:16 am
  #754  
Hilton Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: SF Bay Area
Programs: TK Gold, M&M FTL, QR Gold, HH Diamond, PCR Platinum
Posts: 1,657
07 June 2010, LH 3725 OTP-MUC: Cristian Chivu (Champions League winner with Inter Milan) and Cosmin Olaroiu (team coach) in C. They were probably heading for JNB for the World Cup.
CAlex is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 10, 7:33 am
  #755  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Programs: Skywards Silver, Goldpoints Silver, CC Gold, Hilton Gold, Le-Club Platin
Posts: 111
Originally Posted by TrophyCollector View Post
If you were a celebrity, your mediocre comments might have an impact. As flyingfox they mean nothing.

Nena on LH Berlin - Munich 14.5. in Eco
saw her at the Gate at TXL, me arriving from munich (german football cup final), she was leaving with a bunch of "kids".
same day Matthias Sammer (same flight as me) and Oliver Kahn at 16.5. TXL-MUC.
finnsch is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 10, 6:45 pm
  #756  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: MUC
Programs: LH Sen
Posts: 8
May 28th; Christian Ude and his wife, Mayor of Munich, Oberbürgermeister von München, Munich-Shanghai (LH726). Both were in First Class.
mucsfo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8, 10, 11:26 pm
  #757  
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: LH/LX, KLM/AF
Posts: 13
On 6 June, flight LH 2010 FRA-JNB on a A380, I saw the entire german national soccer team. Shakira joined as well.

tobir is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 10, 3:13 am
  #758  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: BTS/VIE
Programs: LH FTL, HH Diamond
Posts: 2,186
Originally Posted by tobir View Post
On 6 June, flight LH 2010 FRA-JNB on a A380, I saw the entire german national soccer team. Shakira joined as well.

was waiting for this one to come up
whiskey_sk is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13, 10, 11:54 am
  #759  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: VIX
Programs: LH SEN, Goldpointsplus Gold Elite
Posts: 258
Originally Posted by mucsfo View Post
May 28th; Christian Ude and his wife, Mayor of Munich, Oberbürgermeister von München, Munich-Shanghai (LH726). Both were in First Class.
Most likekly upgraded. the guy does not male a lot of money and has a lot of kids.... I hope it was not taxpayers money...
Knut34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 10, 3:01 am
  #760  
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Dusseldorf
Programs: LH M+M (dropped to blue since hardly flying with them anymore), EY Guest Silver
Posts: 541
Originally Posted by Knut34 View Post
Most likekly upgraded. the guy does not male a lot of money and has a lot of kids.... I hope it was not taxpayers money...
If upgraded, he'd better decline that offer and fly as booked. I remember the 'story' behind the most-likely-next-German-President Christian Wulff who got a free upgrade to Business class on AirBerlin and the oppsition requested his resignation because of that. He ended up paying for the fare difference eventually to stop all the fuss...

Will be interesting to see if anything comes up on this one in the press (and how Sigmar Gabriel will react to that)
captainiglo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 10, 5:33 am
  #761  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Programs: Swiss HON, Emirates Skywards Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, Virgin America Elevate
Posts: 64
Originally Posted by captainiglo View Post
If upgraded, he'd better decline that offer and fly as booked. I remember the 'story' behind the most-likely-next-German-President Christian Wulff who got a free upgrade to Business class on AirBerlin and the oppsition requested his resignation because of that. He ended up paying for the fare difference eventually to stop all the fuss...

Will be interesting to see if anything comes up on this one in the press (and how Sigmar Gabriel will react to that)
Do you also remember who then-Minister of the Environment Jurgen Trittin argued his way into the newly opened First Class Terminal at FRA for himself and his delegation of twelve people? Caused quite a stir as well at the time.
Postbus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 20, 10, 4:21 pm
  #762  
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: SFO
Programs: UA Global Services, Hyatt GP Diamond, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 500
Saw Heather Graham (Starred in Austin Powers, The Hangover etc.) at the LH F Class Terminal earlier in the month. I overheard the lounge attendant call her for the JFK departure.
globetraveler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 10, 7:30 am
  #763  
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 165
Originally Posted by tobir View Post
On 6 June, flight LH 2010 FRA-JNB on a A380, I saw the entire german national soccer team. Shakira joined as well.

WOW. I would really like to be there. How was it???
oavcech is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 10, 9:08 am
  #764  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Point Place, Wisconsin
Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, CX DIA, EK Gold
Posts: 14,498
Originally Posted by oavcech View Post
WOW. I would really like to be there. How was it???
Unless you were in C, there was nothing to see. None of the "stars" made it down to Y to greet the fans. Shakira was the only one in F apparently (bad case of swollen head? ).
Rambuster is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 10, 6:50 am
  #765  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Sep 1999
Posts: 11,457
George Lucas, FCT, today. I assume he was going out on the LAX flight.
transpac is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread