Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Celebrities or semi-celebrities you have sat next to on LH Group flights

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2006, 7:56 pm

Programs: LH Sen, PPS, FB Platinum, Enrich Silver, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by slawecki
More famous than car talk on NPR?

Good question.... I am a big fan of both, even though they are very different. Top Gear is probably more of a real car show, with automobil tests etc, while Cartalk is funnier....

Cheers, Stefan
Old Mar 19, 2006, 9:19 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer Silver, Miles & More Blue, Hilton HHonours Blue
Originally Posted by FtlAOI
OK these people are not at least a little bit important when flysurfer doesn't know them.
But sorry for saying that I don't know them either.
It is possible that these celebrities or semi-celebrtities are only living in your own world singapore321?
How dare you...I resent that mark, that was totally out of order. I'm terribly sorry but if you dont know who at least 2 of those people are then I dont know what "world" your living in.

Brian Connely - A famous british comedian...his most famous quote probably being "Its a puppet!"
SIR David Jason - Stared in Only fools and horses, Frost and many other series. Only fools and Horses is a classic that even my cousin in Toronto knows about.
James May - Top Gear presenter...I could possibly understand a few not knowing who he is.
Jeremy Clarkson - Also a Top Gear presenter, he writes for the motoring section of the Sunday Times, has had a successful Journalism/Presenter Career.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
FWIW I don't live in England and I don't watch much TV, but I do know who Jeremy Clarkson is. BBC World is on TV in over 100 countries.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Singapore321
How dare you...I resent that mark, that was totally out of order. I'm terribly sorry but if you dont know who at least 2 of those people are then I dont know what "world" your living in.

Brian Connely - A famous british comedian...his most famous quote probably being "Its a puppet!"
SIR David Jason - Stared in Only fools and horses, Frost and many other series. Only fools and Horses is a classic that even my cousin in Toronto knows about.
James May - Top Gear presenter...I could possibly understand a few not knowing who he is.
Jeremy Clarkson - Also a Top Gear presenter, he writes for the motoring section of the Sunday Times, has had a successful Journalism/Presenter Career.
Chill out. IJAFIBB...

Do you really know more than a handful of the 'celebs' mentioned here. Living in the UK until 6 months ago I certainly don't! In fact I can echo the thoughts in the following post:

Originally Posted by BCH
Reading these posts, it just occured to me that the whole FIRST experience is going to be wasted on me: I won't know (or recognize) any of these B-list celebrities sitting next to me!

Damn!
Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:38 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA

Hi,

I doubt that many Germans know any of these so called celebrities.

Top Gear, who cares about it ?
Famous comedian ??? Never heard of him and his famous: "Its a puppet."
Fools and horses, must be appealing for the British, but not for me.
Old Mar 19, 2006, 10:45 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by flamboyant 1
Famous comedian ??? Never heard of him and his famous: "Its a puppet."
^
Old Mar 19, 2006, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH, UA, BD, AA, NW, FB, NH, AC, Sixt, Hertz, Avis, *W, HH, Marriott, PC, Leaders Club, AMEX
Originally Posted by andre1970
^
Never heard of anybody mentioned in SIN's post. Then again, I'm mostly dealing with Hollywood stars professionally, and I tend to even forget most of them after interviewing them. Maybe because they are forgettable?
Old Mar 19, 2006, 12:31 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by flysurfer
Never heard of anybody mentioned in SIN's post. Then again, I'm mostly dealing with Hollywood stars professionally, and I tend to even forget most of them after interviewing them. Maybe because they are forgettable?
Perishable, I'd rather say
Old Mar 19, 2006, 7:59 pm

Programs: LH Sen
Oh I am really sorry Singapore321 if I hurt you by saying that I don't know any of these so called "celebrities". But because of the fact that I am not watching TV at all except some sports events like soccer world cup and so on.
And I can just agree with what flamboyant 1 was stating. Great post ^
Old Mar 20, 2006, 12:50 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by FtlAOI
But because of the fact that I am not watching TV at all except some sports events like soccer world cup and so on.
I watch TV in the U.S. and Germany and I'm on those particular names. As Paul Harvey says (ok, I guess he's the next who-is-he name), "it is not one world."
Old Mar 20, 2006, 6:51 am

That means IMO that these so called celebrities Singapore321 was mentioning are not so famous that as a result it is inevitable to know them. Apparently I am not the only one who doesn't know them...
So Singapore321 there's nothing to resent.
But of course I do respect if you view them as celebrities!
Old Mar 20, 2006, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Don't worry, SIN this thread exists so that someone can say: "saw X"
only for the rabble to shout: "X isn't a celebrity"

Now, if you'd spotted the vice-president Paderborn city council .... ^ ^ ^ ^
Old Mar 20, 2006, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
only for the rabble to shout: "X isn't a celebrity"
Do you mean the posters here? Apparently yes...
Old Apr 10, 2006, 6:10 pm

Programs: black is magic
Ralf Möller (Ex-Mr Universum and TV star) on LH 453 in C at the moment.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 4:05 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Gunther von Hagens (Koerperwelten, Body Worlds) today on LH 199 TXL-FRA in Y.

He acted like a serial killer but had a drop-dead gorgeous assistant who sat next to me... ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.