LH/OS Seating Thread

Old May 11, 2021, 10:46 pm
exp
Suspended

Programs: DL, UA, AA, VS
Hmm, in that case, maybe a 747 would be a better choice if you can get one of the seats in the upper deck?

Or is there something else positive about the A350 other than being newer? Sounds like the seats are similar to older planes including the A340.
Old May 12, 2021, 2:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
The A359 seats are slightly improved over the version fitted in A330/340 during the 2012-15 retrofit. The 'footsie' dividers in the middle 2 seats have been replaced with a significantly larger version. I noticed this this March when I had the pleasure of flying the UD in the B748. But the myth of the footsie desaster lives on.

More about the 'experience' is here: Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports
Old May 12, 2021, 10:16 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Those low dividers on the B748 UD are a benefit when the adjacent seat is empty. One foot on one side & the other on the neighbor footrest. Problems solved!
Old Sep 29, 2021, 1:25 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
I'll be flying on OS's "new" CUN-VIE route OS96 (B772) in November and blocked seat 6K. But if I look at the seatmap, it looks like row 8 might have an easier access to the aisle if I pick a window seat, can someone confirm? Plus, row 8 seems to be snugged in a little private section, with PY behing and the galley/WC in front, might not be a bad choice.
I'm taking any advices still hoping for being able to snag a throne seat at checkin-in.
Old Sep 29, 2021, 1:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
https://www.austrian.com/at/en/boeing-777-200er

Not a big difference. You have to wiggle ove the next pax either way.
Old May 25, 2022, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Gold; IHG Gold; AA Plat Pro
First time purchased a J ticket on Lufthansa website, submitted an upgrade request (with UA plus points) but cannot see any way to select my seats in the business class cabin. Under your booking details, the seat selection shows no seats but no way to assign any either. Is this usual or am I doing something wrong?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:28 am

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Who to trust and believe?

I am reaching out to the expert flying community for some answers (well, an answer). We're flying BSL-FRA-YYC and I got an email from Lufthansa that our BSL-FRA has had an aircraft change from a CRJ-900 to an E-190. Our seats have been reassigned from row 6 on the CRJ to row 5&6 on the E-190. On the email from Lufthansa it states that these seats are still in business class. However, on seatguru these seats appear to be in economy class. I spoke to an agent that assured me that our seats are still in business class however, I am sorry to say that the agent wasn't very reassuring with how the phone conversation was handled and I believe that the agent was just reading off what the email was saying rather than actual knowledge of the aircraft seat configuration. Hence why I am turning to the expert flyer community. Who should I trust? The email (and the agent) or seatguru?

Thanks
Mash
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by mashlakito
I am reaching out to the expert flying community for some answers (well, an answer). We're flying BSL-FRA-YYC and I got an email from Lufthansa that our BSL-FRA has had an aircraft change from a CRJ-900 to an E-190. Our seats have been reassigned from row 6 on the CRJ to row 5&6 on the E-190. On the email from Lufthansa it states that these seats are still in business class. However, on seatguru these seats appear to be in economy class. I spoke to an agent that assured me that our seats are still in business class however, I am sorry to say that the agent wasn't very reassuring with how the phone conversation was handled and I believe that the agent was just reading off what the email was saying rather than actual knowledge of the aircraft seat configuration. Hence why I am turning to the expert flyer community. Who should I trust? The email (and the agent) or seatguru?

Thanks
Mash
The best way to be sure is to do a dummy booking on the Lufthansa site and choose seat map on your connection with business selected. It’ll tell you then what the aircraft configuration is.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
The agent was right, Seatguru is a bit useless. But thankfully, one FT user actually created a seat map website that is trustworthy https://www.aerolopa.com/cl-e90
Old Jul 4, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Originally Posted by Deckter
The agent was right, Seatguru is a bit useless. But thankfully, one FT user actually created a seat map website that is trustworthy https://www.aerolopa.com/cl-e90
Thanks for the quick reply and WOW what a website. Didn't know of this before. That's why FT community is the best! Thanks a million. Website bookmarked.
iLied and Deckter like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 9:39 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
a. Do not trust seatguru.
b. On all shorthaul aircrafts of LH (and the vast majority of European airlines), the Business section is sized dynamically where the dividing curtain moves forward/aft in accordance with demand (as correctly stated on the aerolopa website). I have seen anything from just 1 row to 20+ rows of business class on LH shorthaul planes.
Grog, flospi and iLied like this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 9:24 am

Programs: LH (SEN), IHG (Plat Amb)
Please note that unlike e.g. C class domestic travel in the US, the C class seats in intra-EU travel are the same as the eco seats, there is only a little more legroom in the first rows. And you will get something to eat and drink, most of the time.

So indeed, if you have booked C class, you will be in C class. They will move the class divider further to the back. Nothing to worry about, especially on such a short flight!
Old Jul 7, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, EK Gold, CX Silver
Bassinet questions - Business

Hi, two questions about bassinet and travelling with an infant in business.
1) On the A321 - is there anything stopping us bringing on a car seat and putting it in the middle seat? Is there any obstacle/plastic filler or something in the middle seat?
2) On the 777 (OS25 VIE - BKK) there appear to be two bassinets in the center pair of seats. If we book both seats will they move one of us if someone else wants a bassinet in C?

Any other tips for travelling on OS with an infant please?
thanks
Old Jul 7, 2022, 6:37 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
I can only comment on 1:

On LH the 321 CEOs have tables installed on the B and D seats in rows 1-3. You can't put a car seat on the middle seat in these rows. Technically the car seat needs to be approved by LH. See

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/safe...ldren-on-board

Click on the link to get a list of all approved seats:

https://www.lufthansa.com/content/da...nt-systems.pdf

I don't know if OS has similar rules, I only have experience with LH and infants.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by cas_de
I can only comment on 1:

On LH the 321 CEOs have tables installed on the B and D seats in rows 1-3. You can't put a car seat on the middle seat in these rows. Technically the car seat needs to be approved by LH. See

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/safe...ldren-on-board

Click on the link to get a list of all approved seats:

https://www.lufthansa.com/content/da...nt-systems.pdf

I don't know if OS has similar rules, I only have experience with LH and infants.

are you sure about the tables? I haven't seen tables installed in C in ages. I don't even believe NEK is capable of it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.