Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH/OS Seating Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Officially OLCI for LH flights is supposed to open 23 hours before departure but in reality it usually opens earlier. I would try to check in after midnight (I.e. 26 hours before departure) if possible.
I will do that then! Thanks for this tip!
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by clubman
Another question re seat selection on OS but in Economy.

All seats seems to be paid for (unless one has status I assume), but do all seats become free for all when online check in opens? What about the more expensive seats like Emergency exits, do these remain blocked and only allocated if you pay for them even once check in opens?

Route is TLV-VIE if it makes any difference...
Anyone?
Old Nov 13, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by clubman
Anyone?
All seat selection becomes free, but there's a good chance good seats will already be taken by those with preselection.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
All seat selection becomes free, but there's a good chance good seats will already be taken by those with preselection.
Thanks. I actually paid for an exit seat as I'm not going to be in a position to check in when it opens online. So unlike BA where eve after check in opens premium seats remain blocked for status or payment.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 1:48 pm

Relief! I was able to check in online almost 28 hours before my flight and still no seat selection available but my online boarding pass has me in a seat... just not in business class it’s an exit row? (10 F).... I’m so relieved that I will more than likely get home in time for my grandmothers funeral! Thank you for the advice earlier! Didn’t really care where I sat on this flight as I plan on sleeping the whole time anyways!
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by expateacher
Relief! I was able to check in online almost 28 hours before my flight and still no seat selection available but my online boarding pass has me in a seat... just not in business class it’s an exit row? (10 F).... I’m so relieved that I will more than likely get home in time for my grandmothers funeral! Thank you for the advice earlier! Didn’t really care where I sat on this flight as I plan on sleeping the whole time anyways!
10F might very well be business class. On these Cairo flights I've seen it go back to 12 even.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:18 pm

10F might very well be business class. On these Cairo flights I've seen it go back to 12 even.
well that would be even better then... I just looked at Seatguru as I couldn’t access any seat maps on Lufthansa... either way I’m feeling one less stressor at the moment
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:22 pm

well that would be even better then... I just looked at Seatguru as I couldn’t access any seat maps on Lufthansa... either way I’m feeling one less stressor at the moment
Seatguru can't tell what the size of the business cabin will be on your flight. Can be between 2 and 15 rows or so.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 2:56 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
When I checked the seatmap on ExpertFlyer for your flight the Business Class cabin could not be displayed since it was under airport control but the Economy Class started at row 12 or 14 (can’t remember which). Whichever way 10F is an exit row seat in Business with no seat in front of you. And there shouldn’t be anyone in 10E.
Old Nov 13, 2018, 9:05 pm

Should I be able to select OS J seats booked as a UA award? Getting this message: "At the moment we are not able to offer online seat reservations for your booked flights."
Old Nov 13, 2018, 10:05 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
When I checked the seatmap on ExpertFlyer for your flight the Business Class cabin could not be displayed since it was under airport control but the Economy Class started at row 12 or 14 (can’t remember which). Whichever way 10F is an exit row seat in Business with no seat in front of you. And there shouldn’t be anyone in 10E.
wow... all this amazing information is what always brings me back to this website.... I like the idea of no one beside me because I booked business class for the slightly more privacy the seats can offer.... I’m not a paying member of expert flyer (I just don’t fly enough) but when I checked there they couldn’t show me a seatmap at all.

I cant thank you all enough for the help and advice.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 12:12 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond

wow... all this amazing information is what always brings me back to this website.... I like the idea of no one beside me because I booked business class for the slightly more privacy the seats can offer.... I’m not a paying member of expert flyer (I just don’t fly enough) but when I checked there they couldn’t show me a seatmap at all.

I cant thank you all enough for the help and advice.
No problem. I can’t see the seatmap for Business or Economy now since both cabins appear to be fully booked. I wish I’d kept a screenshot but I remember being surprised to find where the Economy cabin started when I first checked the seatmap for your flight while answering your question earlier.

The seatmap for Business might have looked something like this had I managed to display it. They don’t sell 10E and 10D does not exist. There is a jump seat behind 9D which is the reason why 10D is missing.

I’m sorry for the reason for your travel but wish you a pleasant journey.
Attached Images  
Old Nov 14, 2018, 2:35 am

Originally Posted by greendx
Should I be able to select OS J seats booked as a UA award? Getting this message: "At the moment we are not able to offer online seat reservations for your booked flights."
In theory yes, but I always have issues with this as well. Try on Lufthansa web, it tends to work better for these things.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 7:15 am

In theory yes, but I always have issues with this as well. Try on Lufthansa web, it tends to work better for these things.
Didn't work there either.

What ended up working was the TG mobile app on an iphone. Even after throwing an error, seat assignment took and I can now see it on united.com
lbbzman likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 3:43 am

Originally Posted by greendx
Didn't work there either.

What ended up working was the TG mobile app on an iphone. Even after throwing an error, seat assignment took and I can now see it on united.com
It's usually easier to just call in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.