LH/OS Seating Thread

Old Oct 18, 2018, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Hi all,

OS block front row business class seats on S/H aircraft I presume for status passengers? Do these seats get released at some point closer to the flight, or only when online check in opens?
Old Oct 19, 2018, 6:32 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by haggis79
Hi all,

flying on LH415 IAD-MUC, 330-300 with 2-class config. I have the choice between 11A/K and 5K. It seems that 5K is close to galley and lav, while row 11 is directly in front of PE. Any experience and advice?
Lufthansa business class [merged] experience reports

The last rows of C are spaced better.

Originally Posted by clubman
OS block front row business class seats on S/H aircraft I presume for status passengers? Do these seats get released at some point closer to the flight, or only when online check in opens?
Sometimes during online checkin, but not always.
Old Oct 29, 2018, 8:03 am
PZE

Programs: BA Bronze, KrisFlyer Silver
Sorry if this is the wrong thread but struggling to find it covered anywhere else. I’m flying VCE-SIN ticketed by LH but return leg is LX with SIN-ZRH on the SQ codeshare. Is there any way to reserve seats on this? LH website says no, LX website can’t retrieve the booking, SQ website can but then shows a blank seat map so still can’t select. It’s a business class ticketed booking into P class so I think seat assignment is free - so not the same issue as UA flights on LH metal covered elsewhere. Could anyone make any suggestions? Many thanks.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Sometimes during online checkin, but not always.
Thanks.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 1:22 pm

Programs: LH*S (FTL), OZ*G, Accor gold, HH Diamond
Have anyone experience with bulkhead seats 16AK or 16DG on Austrian 767-300ER after retrofit ?
According to seatguru these seats are bad.
https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Au...7-300ER_V3.php.
Is that seats worst than standard window/aisle ?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 2:21 pm

Programs: LH M&M FTL
Originally Posted by PZE
Sorry if this is the wrong thread but struggling to find it covered anywhere else. I’m flying VCE-SIN ticketed by LH but return leg is LX with SIN-ZRH on the SQ codeshare. Is there any way to reserve seats on this? LH website says no, LX website can’t retrieve the booking, SQ website can but then shows a blank seat map so still can’t select. It’s a business class ticketed booking into P class so I think seat assignment is free - so not the same issue as UA flights on LH metal covered elsewhere. Could anyone make any suggestions? Many thanks.
I know it sounds a bit backwards in 2018, but calling the airline that issued the ticket is usually the fastest way.
Had similar seat selection issues while flying LH ticketed UA codeshare on LH operated flight.

Pro tip: Pull up the seatmap on expertflyer.com and tell the agent exact seat number
Old Nov 12, 2018, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Another question re seat selection on OS but in Economy.

All seats seems to be paid for (unless one has status I assume), but do all seats become free for all when online check in opens? What about the more expensive seats like Emergency exits, do these remain blocked and only allocated if you pay for them even once check in opens?

Route is TLV-VIE if it makes any difference...
Old Nov 12, 2018, 6:28 am

Quick question, I just booked a trip leaving on November 15 CAI-YYZ (via FRA) and returning on November 20.... I booked business class and was able to select seats for 3 of the flights but not the one leaving on November 15... it’s flight 581 leaving CAI at 2:05 am

ive never really booked a flight so close to the date of travel so if that’s the case it’s fine... I just thought I’d ask here....

thank you in advance fir any assistance I don’t normally fly LH so I’m new to their bookings, website etc.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by expateacher
Quick question, I just booked a trip leaving on November 15 CAI-YYZ (via FRA) and returning on November 20.... I booked business class and was able to select seats for 3 of the flights but not the one leaving on November 15... it’s flight 581 leaving CAI at 2:05 am

ive never really booked a flight so close to the date of travel so if that’s the case it’s fine... I just thought I’d ask here....

thank you in advance fir any assistance I don’t normally fly LH so I’m new to their bookings, website etc.
Normally it shouldn't be a problem 3 days in advance, however this flight is flagged in backend as AIRPORT CHECKIN ONLY for some reason.

Probably this is because it is sold out, and, dare I say, overbooked... actually both flights on 15th are zeroed out in Business, despite having 40+ seats (10+ rows of 2+2 narrowbody "business")
I'd come to the airport as soon as practical. Perhaps it would be possible to put you on the direct MS flight if all else fails. Or via LX+LX+AC via ZRH and BRU, although that would be much worse connection.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Normally it shouldn't be a problem 3 days in advance, however this flight is flagged in backend as AIRPORT CHECKIN ONLY for some reason.

Probably this is because it is sold out, and, dare I say, overbooked... actually both flights on 15th are zeroed out in Business, despite having 40+ seats (10+ rows of 2+2 narrowbody "business")
I'd come to the airport as soon as practical. Perhaps it would be possible to put you on the direct MS flight if all else fails. Or via LX+LX+AC via ZRH and BRU, although that would be much worse connection.
do you mean business is sold out or the entire plane? I’m heading home for a funeral so as long as I can get on that plane I’d be okay (obviously prefer business but getting
home is more important to me) and I have seats pre-selected fir all other flights... it’s only a little over 2 days away (2 days 9 hours really) and while booking I did briefly see the seat map for that flight then by the end of booking it disappeared....

sorry if I’m coming off as rude I’m just freaking out a little.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:49 am

do you mean business is sold out or the entire plane? I’m heading home for a funeral so as long as I can get on that plane I’d be okay (obviously prefer business but getting
home is more important to me) and I have seats pre-selected fir all other flights... it’s only a little over 2 days away (2 days 9 hours really) and while booking I did briefly see the seat map for that flight then by the end of booking it disappeared....

sorry if I’m coming off as rude I’m just freaking out a little.

No, that's OK.
The flight is sold out in Business, there are still some Economy tickets left.

I'm afraid that the airline might be a little apprehensive about letting you travel in Y instead of J, but hopefully if you arrive soon, you'll have some time for them to take it through the decision chain.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 7:57 am

No, that's OK.
The flight is sold out in Business, there are still some Economy tickets left.

I'm afraid that the airline might be a little apprehensive about letting you travel in Y instead of J, but hopefully if you arrive soon, you'll have some time for them to take it through the decision chain.
I appreciate your input.

Do you think online check in would make a difference? Or is this really only something the airport can do? I’m currently planning to arrive at least 3 hours prior to the flight (leaving 4 hours prior travel takes ~45 minutes unless traffic)
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:24 am

I appreciate your input.

Do you think online check in would make a difference? Or is this really only something the airport can do? I’m currently planning to arrive at least 3 hours prior to the flight (leaving 4 hours prior travel takes ~45 minutes unless traffic)
Definitely do online checkin if you can.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 8:31 am

Definitely do online checkin if you can.
okay I will try that Wednesday morning then.

Thank you
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:54 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond

okay I will try that Wednesday morning then.

Thank you
Officially OLCI for LH flights is supposed to open 23 hours before departure but in reality it usually opens earlier. I would try to check in after midnight (I.e. 26 hours before departure) if possible.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.