Austrian Crew Wage Negotiations & Strikes 2024

Old Mar 1, 2024, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM; UA 1K; AA 1MM
Austrian Crew Wage Negotiations & Strikes 2024

Apparently there was a works council meeting today that has now turned until a warning strike until 17:00

https://www.austrian.com/us/en/aktue...lmaessigkeiten
hugolover likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 8:11 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Raluca
Hello! Does anyone know if other companies' flights will be affected by this strike on DUSS airport? I have my flight with Austrian, on 7th of March form DUSS. I am wondering if there are real risks that I will be stuck in DUSS.
Thank you!
OS has started cancelling flights on 08/09MAR for some reason, even ones that do not go to/from Germany.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 8:29 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by vkis
OS has started cancelling flights on 08/09MAR for some reason, even ones that do not go to/from Germany.
that is independent - OS has an employee meeting on the 8th
Old Mar 4, 2024, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by daumueller
that is independent - OS has an employee meeting on the 8th
Another one? They just had a "Betriebsversammlung" last Friday (which also led to cancellations) https://www.aero.de/news-46950/Austr...in-Streik.html
Old Mar 4, 2024, 9:29 am

Programs: LH HON
Another one? They just had a "Betriebsversammlung" last Friday (which also led to cancellations) https://www.aero.de/news-46950/Austr...in-Streik.html
another one...
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:45 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Double post
Old Mar 4, 2024, 10:47 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

ah, that explains why my FLR-VIE was cancelled on March 8. Nice

No alternatives due to LH strike, so its Ryanair from FCO.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 11:49 am

Programs: SPG Gold
My wife just had her connecting flight in Vienna on March14 cancelled by Austrian. The Vienna call center didnt even answer phone, the change options offered in the app were not good. Got thru to the US call center (which seems to have been the Lufthansa call center) and the earliest they could offer rebooking on was March 17. The call center person said that they would not pay compensation for the delay, but i guess we'll have to take that up with them later.
Old Mar 11, 2024, 9:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by nombody
My wife just had her connecting flight in Vienna on March14 cancelled by Austrian. The Vienna call center didnt even answer phone, the change options offered in the app were not good. Got thru to the US call center (which seems to have been the Lufthansa call center) and the earliest they could offer rebooking on was March 17. The call center person said that they would not pay compensation for the delay, but i guess we'll have to take that up with them later.
Full duty of care applies always, meals, hotels etc, compensation depending on the reason for the cancellation.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by nombody
What was the full itinerary?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 3:54 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by supine
What was the full itinerary?
You are asking as it could be Non-EU to Non-EU via EU, right?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by demue
You are asking as it could be Non-EU to Non-EU via EU, right?
Yes. Just need more details to provide accurate advice...
Old Mar 12, 2024, 5:06 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
If it's USA to Israel or vice versa, EC261/2004 will not apply, however Israel does have an "Aviation Services Law (Compensation and Assistance for Flight Cancellations and Changes in Conditions), 5772-2012 (the "ASL")" which provides similar protections to the EC Regulation.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 7:47 am

Programs: A3
Originally Posted by chris63
Full duty of care applies always, meals, hotels etc, compensation depending on the reason for the cancellation.
My friends was supposed to travel with OS, but was rebooked on LH. I am wondering if he eligible for compensation, as reason for cancellation is works meeting, so from my perspective nothing extraordinary.
Old Mar 12, 2024, 8:01 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
I'm pretty sure the works meeting falls under the same broad category of industrial action as a strike would. A family member has had to change from 14th to 13th via VIE and we will be pursuing compensation.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.