Gate C1 FRA - Monday morning rant

Old Feb 12, 2024, 12:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Gate C1 FRA - Monday morning rant

[Rant]
So my very regular Air Dolomiti flight to TRN normally departs from the pre-immigration B gates. Although it's a bit of a trek, I usually just go to the A SEN lounge and then walk over through the tunnel (closing my circles..). In the case of the regular IRROPS I can just hang out in the lounge and head over JIT.

In the past couple of weeks, the flight has been departing from C1 gate. This no-mans-land of a gate is the absolute rock-bottom of enhancement for LH Group / *A travellers: Luggage drop in A, so trek all across the terminal to C1.
There are no lounges at all, without passing passport control and security to get to C14/15, or the B SEN lounge, or A. There is no clean transit between A or B to C1. Priority security? Nope.
The plane is still boarded at an apron position by bus, so priority boarding etc. is a joke too (as it was at the B gates). Correction. Its a gate position. Wonders never cease to amaze.
Want to have a coffee / breakfast before the flight: find a coffee shop. Connecting and want to use lounge facilities to freshen up? Sorry, SOL.
Flight delays / IRROPS? that bench outside the gate is a s good as it gets.

If anyone can PM me an e-mail address of Carsten or anyone else in a position of authority (I was about to write responsibility, but I feel they take none), I'd be much obliged.

Net result: if you need an airport "experience" with the benefits/services provided for FTL/SEN or *A Gold, forget about flying Air Dolomiti from FRA if it's a C1 departure. I'm going to book xMUC from now on.

Effing idiots!

[/Rant]
chris63, more4less and JD3313 like this.

Last edited by FS_FRA; Feb 12, 2024 at 1:48 am
Old Feb 12, 2024, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
FRA it was ever thus, a disaster area, just some parts are even worse than others, good luck finding a remedy
FS_FRA, JD3313 and Harper50505 like this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 3:29 am

Programs: Miles and More (Senator)
Ha, C1 is the absolute worst. I once had the questionable pleasure of flying from C1 with LO to WAW so unfortunately the enhancement is not limited to LH group.
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 12, 2024, 5:04 am

Programs: LH SEN
I feel your pain.
On my last morning trip (8:30 departure) from C1 I went through B-East security (often considerably less crowded than B-West, no line then) and immigration (no line for e-gates) to use the B SEN lounge. Heavenly calm and quiet at that time of day (quite different from A SEN). Then leave through immigration again (no line whatsoever) shortly before boarding at C1 starts - very short line at C1 security itself. Of course, may not work during other times of day and/or if you are not e-gate eligible. But an almost empty B SEN lounge definitely beats sitting in that dreadful gate area longer than necessary.
Have safe travels
Primenumber
FS_FRA, Architekt2001 and koriobg like this.
Old Feb 13, 2024, 1:09 am

Back in the day, when Easyjet still flew from FRA to TXL, they mostly used C1 as a departure gate. I liked the isolated location as it was just fine to arrive 30 minutes before departure. The dedicated security check meant there was no risk of missing the flight.
However, I also understand that the gate is not ideal if you want to use the lounges before the flight.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.