Lufthansa - Intra-Europe "Business" and Fat people

Old Sep 6, 2023, 6:50 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by the810
Turkish Airlines would probably be the most sensible choice for this, as it's the shortest detour. And they usually do offer fares between EU and US.
Yes, but you risk being swapped into a plane with an euro config. The only way to guarantee is to fly an airline that flies only widebodies into PRG.
GalaxyChris and sw1x like this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 7:27 am

Programs: M&M,M&B,AMC,HH

A320 first row (Minus 1D where I sit). So better choose second row or further back.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 7:39 am
hch

Railjet business seats aren't that wide either - a bit wider than a plane seat, but on the other hand they have fixed armrests that can't be moved: https://www.vagonweb.cz/fotogalerie/...1/_DSC0243.jpg

There's also Regiojet service on this route, I think their business seats are a bit wider: https://www.vagonweb.cz/fotogalerie/...1/M1040032.jpg
​​​​
Those Regiojet business seats are the old OEBB cards I know from the Innsbruck to Munich Eurocities, and they are indeed be a little wider than the Railjet Business class seats. The again I found the Railjet seats pretty wide, very similar to US domestic first class seats. But I'm only fat by pure BMI number, having a lot of that weight in muscles and width in the shoulders so my experience might not be 100% relevant.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 8:28 am

Programs: AA,SPG, Delta, Amtrak, JB
Originally Posted by Patrickschmidt

A320 first row (Minus 1D where I sit). So better choose second row or further back.
I was in row 5 on my way to Budapest from Frankfurt. It didn't have that divider.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 8:30 am

No, because this is row 1 which features non-moveable armrests.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 9:32 am

Programs: SAS EBS / *A Silver, Hilton Diamond, Radisson VIP, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Yes, but you risk being swapped into a plane with an euro config. The only way to guarantee is to fly an airline that flies only widebodies into PRG.
Does TK have classic euro config on any plane? I was under the impression that all TK planes have large chairs in C.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 9:57 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Does TK have classic euro config on any plane? I was under the impression that all TK planes have large chairs in C.
Actually, all A319 and A320 have the euro cabin, as well as some A321 and some 738s. Some 321s including all neos, some 738s and all 739s and Maxes do have large chairs, but also TK is known for changing aircraft type on narrowbody routes as needed.
the810 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 9:57 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Does TK have classic euro config on any plane?
Yes they do on quite a few of their narrow-bodies.
weero and the810 like this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 1:59 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I am 6`4 and was 350lbs at my biggest (I am now a svelte 295 , still dropping), never had any trouble fitting on any major EU flag carrier (well AF, BA, LH, LX) in euro-J with the middle seat free, just saying.
chris63 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 2:16 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: AC SE100K / BA Bronze / Marriott Ambassador (LT Plat) / Hilton Diamond / IHG Plat
Another option is flying into Vienna and hiring a car service to drive you to Prague which is about a 3.5hr drive, if you really want to avoid intra-EU business class with Y seats. You can get to VIE from SFO via an Austrian Airlines gateway (LAX, IAD, JFK etc.) or Air Canada via YYZ. The North American segments would have proper first class seats on the UA/AC flights, and you may even get lucky and get lie flats.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 2:50 pm

Programs: UA Premier Platinum, DL Platinum
You could also take United SFO-MUC. It's a four-hour drive to Prague. Of course, if it's a matter of comfort, the 50-minute MUC-PRG flight (or one-hour FRA-PRG) might be preferable to a four-hour drive.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the future, not sure if you'd fly LOT but as PRG is an all EMB route, you would always have two seats to yourself and no one else in the row and the armrest is movable. The C seats on the 787 are quite wide too.
chris63 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by hugolover
In the future, not sure if you'd fly LOT but as PRG is an all EMB route, you would always have two seats to yourself and no one else in the row and the armrest is movable. The C seats on the 787 are quite wide too.
Yes, I was shocked how cozy those cabins are.

And off-topic - the dedicated PE cabin is quite a nice touch too.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.