Rebooking after schedule change

Old Jun 20, 2023, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON
Rebooking after schedule change

My SEN colleague has a schedule change on his itinerary DUS-MUC-PEK with a 20 min earlier flight from MUC giving him 55 min in MUC. If the feeder flight is on time no problem, but…. LH is reluctant to rebook him on the one hour earlier flight DUS-MUC except for an additional 3K upcharge.
Shouldn‘t a schedule change not give a free rebooking to an earlier feeder flight?
Old Jun 20, 2023, 4:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by shipsmail
My SEN colleague has a schedule change on his itinerary DUS-MUC-PEK with a 20 min earlier flight from MUC giving him 55 min in MUC. If the feeder flight is on time no problem, but…. LH is reluctant to rebook him on the one hour earlier flight DUS-MUC except for an additional 3K upcharge.
Shouldn‘t a schedule change not give a free rebooking to an earlier feeder flight?
LH is deliberately opaque with 'schedule change' (like BA with no longer operating aka cancelled) so let's be clear, its just a time change (TK), not a cancelled flight (UN), the flight number is the same?

If it's just a time change, (TK) leading to no misconnect there is no re-accom, except by goodwill. If its got a cancelled flight, (UN), then the trip could even be refunded as well as rebooked for a year on LH Group.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 1:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by shipsmail
LH are totally unreasonable in these circumstances, it is their change & cost wise it makes no difference for them to go with the pax wishes, instead of doing so they try for an upfare
estrela and Unterwegs like this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 3:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
But 55min at MUC is no issue. A minor schedule change like this doesn't allow free invol. rebooking unless MCT is no longer adhered to. This is not the situation here.
athome likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chris63
LH are totally unreasonable in these circumstances, it is their change & cost wise it makes no difference for them to go with the pax wishes, instead of doing so they try for an upfare
Let me ask you something I came across. I'm having issues getting rebooked, not by their lack of intention but computer says no.

Are you aware of married segments being an issue on INVOL (LH Group schedule change)? In my experience anything can be INVOL and married doesn't matter. The flights are literally wide open, V class, but it won't go through. If the answer is "no" is there some kind of hidden rebook vs new-sale for invol? A bit like O being open but its actually not for eVouchers.

Also, they say no SEN/HON WL for INVOL, only for new sales, is that right? I suggested just WL the segs and it will auto clear as workaround but they said new sales only.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
Let me ask you something I came across. I'm having issues getting rebooked, not by their lack of intention but computer says no.

Are you aware of married segments being an issue on INVOL (LH Group schedule change)? In my experience anything can be INVOL and married doesn't matter. The flights are literally wide open, V class, but it won't go through. If the answer is "no" is there some kind of hidden rebook vs new-sale for invol? A bit like O being open but its actually not for eVouchers.

Also, they say no SEN/HON WL for INVOL, only for new sales, is that right? I suggested just WL the segs and it will auto clear as workaround but they said new sales only.
Simply seems to be the case that unless the tickets are full flex the answer is simply no & they claim not to see availability unless it is for a new booking.

Waitlisting for a change as HON used to work but not needed to do that post pandemic.

The blatant unhelpfulness is just annoying pax, we are talking about changes LH are imposing on pax
Old Jun 21, 2023, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The SEN WL (48h) is an easy way to get this stuff through, but they say its only for "new bookings" not for schedule changes.

It's really exhausting, these are 2 min calls to LO but hours (!) on the phone while morons speak to a mystery Helpdesk.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're using ticket changer...I hear more mouse clicks than I do keyboard taps.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 7:57 am

Programs: LH HON, Hyatt Globalist
I have experienced LH to be very accommodative with rebookings, even with relatively minor changes of 20 minutes. I could always choose a different flight on the day, or +/- 3 days around the date. I was also able to change the connecting airport. Finally, I was also able to change other legs in a booking even though they weren’t time changed. All this has been done very recently in April/May/June.

For reference, here are the rules: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/sha...ile_152012.pdf

So in my experience, it is always worth calling and asking nicely.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
It is clearly stated in the LHG rebooking policy that a cancellation or schedule change of 2 hours or more, is needed to allow invol rebooking.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That doc is authoritative for agencies who don’t wanna get ADM’d, the call centre’s have flexibility and the help desk can authorise whatever they feel like.

A few things in the doc maybe incompatible with the Air Passenger Rights Regulation.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 9:14 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by SK AAR
It is clearly stated in the LHG rebooking policy that a cancellation or schedule change of 2 hours or more, is needed to allow invol rebooking.
I thought that was the threshold to make the ticket refundable if you cancel?

I've had invol rebooking apply even with a 15 minute change.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baggage tag
I have experienced LH to be very accommodative with rebookings, even with relatively minor changes of 20 minutes. I could always choose a different flight on the day, or +/- 3 days around the date. I was also able to change the connecting airport. Finally, I was also able to change other legs in a booking even though they weren’t time changed. All this has been done very recently in April/May/June.

For reference, here are the rules: https://www.lufthansaexperts.com/sha...ile_152012.pdf

So in my experience, it is always worth calling and asking nicely.
Of course LH are more accommodating for HON
Old Jun 21, 2023, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by supine
I thought that was the threshold to make the ticket refundable if you cancel?

I've had invol rebooking apply even with a 15 minute change.
Yes, it is 2 hours to be able to cancel & refund.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 10:50 am

Programs: LH HON, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by chris63
Of course LH are more accommodating for HON
I am not sure it’s due to status. Could of course be, but the rules seem to be pretty clear in my view and they should apply to anyone.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jun 21, 2023, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by baggage tag
I am not sure it’s due to status. Could of course be, but the rules seem to be pretty clear in my view and they should apply to anyone.
Well, they dont give us a special number for nothing & if you call BER they are competent, for sure it makes a difference

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.