Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH ghosting on refund case

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2023, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Cheapest lie-flat available and credit card bestowed hotel elites now, long-time AA EXtraPotato then
LH ghosting on refund case

I bought the Ex-MXP *A RTW tickets under LH stock through Amextravel last September. Unfortunately, my wife's family had a medical situation so she had to make alternative plans and not able to make the trip. I've tried to get in touch with LH since early March, with a case number assigned Mar 22 to inquire (not request) the possibility for a more flexible refund/voucher options, since Amex travel informs me that it would only be possible to get a LH voucher that can only be used under her name with an expiration date of this September. I've followed up with multiple emails, but LH is still giving the BS "transfering your request to the right department and volume of requests extremely high" thing, despite the original departure date is now only a month away. Would appreciate any suggestion on how to address this issue---Thanks a ton!
Old May 3, 2023, 12:50 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Since you bought your ticket from Amex, they are your agent and should fight the good fight. Get them to contact the travel agent helpdesk to sort this out.
chris63 likes this.
Old May 3, 2023, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
LH will simply not touch a TA issued ticket, your wasting your time contacting LH directly
Old May 3, 2023, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: Cheapest lie-flat available and credit card bestowed hotel elites now, long-time AA EXtraPotato then
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Since you bought your ticket from Amex, they are your agent and should fight the good fight. Get them to contact the travel agent helpdesk to sort this out.
Thanks for your reply! I actually reached out to LH based on the suggestion by Amextravel. The weird thing is when I was on the phone with LH in Feburary, somebody at LH seemed to give a green light because they split the PNR, and according to the TA I spoke with today, took over the control of the ticket and the TA cannot pull the ticket details anymore. The unfortunate thing is, before that green light could be processed further, the person I spoke with somehow disconnected and I could never get hold of that person again.
Old May 3, 2023, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by jerrychuang
Thanks for your reply! I actually reached out to LH based on the suggestion by Amextravel. The weird thing is when I was on the phone with LH in Feburary, somebody at LH seemed to give a green light because they split the PNR, and according to the TA I spoke with today, took over the control of the ticket and the TA cannot pull the ticket details anymore. The unfortunate thing is, before that green light could be processed further, the person I spoke with somehow disconnected and I could never get hold of that person again.
I feel like with all this back and forth, it'll be easier to be firm and cordially in asking to speak with a manager. Eventually there will be a kind folk who is willing to escalate your issue properly.
Old May 3, 2023, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Blackteletubby
I feel like with all this back and forth, it'll be easier to be firm and cordially in asking to speak with a manager. Eventually there will be a kind folk who is willing to escalate your issue properly.
Not going to happen at LH ….. it’s a TA issued ticket & that is where the OP will be referred to ….. Amex

Amex need to deal with this it is what they were paid to do.
Old May 3, 2023, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

[QUOTE=jerrychuang;
The unfortunate thing is, before that green light could be processed further, the person I spoke with somehow disconnected and I could never get hold of that person again.[/QUOTE]

That agent should not have touched an Amex ticket, little wonder they disappeared….

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.