FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   FRA FCT & FCL catering moves from Do&Co to Käfer [merged feedback] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/2120358-fra-fct-fcl-catering-moves-do-co-k-fer-merged-feedback.html)

chris63 May 3, 2023 2:08 am

Originally Posted by flospi (Post 35220147)

Thanks for sharing, Wine is very disappointing, shame they cannot match the effort which went into the Whiskey selection, of course not that many pax can sit and drink Spirits so consumption will be minimal, Wine on the other hand….. clever way of cutting costs ;)

NYC1 May 3, 2023 8:23 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 35220206)
Thanks for sharing, Wine is very disappointing, shame they cannot match the effort which went into the Whiskey selection, of course not that many pax can sit and drink Spirits so consumption will be minimal, Wine on the other hand….. clever way of cutting costs ;)

Exactly. The liquor selection is nice (but not as extensive as it used to be from a quick glance, but it’s fine).

However, they now only serve filtered water from BWT??? There used to be an amazing list of mineral waters. I guess when the second bullet of the announcement is about sustainability, you know cost cutting and PR is the priority and not quality/service.

ffgap May 3, 2023 10:05 pm

The entire beverages menu, with the exception of whiskeys, is very pedestrian.

Fabo.sk May 4, 2023 3:37 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 35215029)
Just one major reservation: I have never liked the limitation "real non-breakfast food only after 11" and cannot say I am not disappointed this is still part of the new concept.

Don't worry, you can get a hamburger all day.

Sarcasm over, the whiskey selection looks good. Range of rums is also not too shabby. No doubt helped by the fact, that spirits hold after opening, unlike wine, but with technologies like coravin, maybe that shouldn't be that much of an issue anymore?

cricketer May 4, 2023 4:32 pm

Went through for lunch today. Underwhelmed by everything.
  • Took forever to get a menu and place an order, though there were only 4 other tables occupied.
  • I enjoyed the swordfish starter, but the beef filet and the ice-cream/fruit/crumble dessert were really poor. Foolish of me to order the beef as I rarely do that, but I felt it was a good way to judge the quality overall.
  • Buffet spread was massively reduced from what used to be laid out at lunchtime
  • I asked for dessert wine (listed in the drinks menu) with my dessert, but they didn't have it. I also ordered a mocktail, and it came out near the end of my meal - seems they had problems finding someone who knew how to make it.

worldclubber May 5, 2023 1:33 am

Originally Posted by cricketer (Post 35224814)
  • Took forever to get a menu and place an order, though there were only 4 other tables occupied.
  • I enjoyed the swordfish starter, but the beef filet and the ice-cream/fruit/crumble dessert were really poor. Foolish of me to order the beef as I rarely do that, but I felt it was a good way to judge the quality overall.
  • Buffet spread was massively reduced from what used to be laid out at lunchtime
  • I asked for dessert wine (listed in the drinks menu) with my dessert, but they didn't have it. I also ordered a mocktail, and it came out near the end of my meal - seems they had problems finding someone who knew how to make it.

Thanks for reporting.

My advice as a European who lived in the US for a long time (and I am sure you figured that out yourself already and still sometimes give it a try): Never order the beef in Europe as an American ;)

chris63 May 5, 2023 1:54 am

Originally Posted by cricketer (Post 35224814)

Sounds dire…. the Beef used to be a good choice, they previously only bought the best Meat, certainly mine a couple of weeks ago was excellent, cooked to perfection, tender & juicy

cricketer May 5, 2023 4:43 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 35225613)
Thanks for reporting.

My advice as a European who lived in the US for a long time (and I am sure you figured that out yourself already and still sometimes give it a try): Never order the beef in Europe as an American ;)

Hah, that's fair. Though I'm in America by way of Asia and (formerly) Europe, so I get confused :D

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 35225646)
Sounds dire…. the Beef used to be a good choice, they previously only bought the best Meat, certainly mine a couple of weeks ago was excellent, cooked to perfection, tender & juicy

You do have to take my assessment with a pinch of salt as I'm not fundamentally a beef or red meat person. Problem was, although the beef appeared to be a nice pink medium (not that anyone asked how I wanted it cooked), it was too chewy and bland -- had to put more than a pinch of salt on it. The potatoes and tomato risotto it came with were pretty tasteless as well. Maybe just bad luck though - probably shouldn't judge based on one item.

Pictures below

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e3c68b779b.jpg
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...3c9c6d533b.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2964bb0244.jpg

f4freeJunior May 5, 2023 6:14 am

The pictures look nice but when I read all the comments there is not much to look forward to for tomorrow evening when I'll be there.

chris63 May 5, 2023 8:31 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior (Post 35225963)
The pictures look nice but when I read all the comments there is not much to look forward to for tomorrow evening when I'll be there.

Please provide a full appraisal ? No holds barred :D

yurtripper May 5, 2023 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Jensens (Post 35213815)
Does indeed not sound great or professional. At the same time, changeovers are challenging, so sounds as if this was too much of a challenge for LH. Not sure I am surprised. Let‘s hope things go uphill from here, I am there very soon, will report.

Does LH stand for Let's Hope?

Let's hope balls start rolling uphill also in that case. Unfortunately, Galileo proved around 500 years ago that it rarely happens in practice.

chris63 May 5, 2023 1:10 pm

Originally Posted by yurtripper (Post 35226939)
Does LH stand for Let's Hope?

Let's hope balls start rolling uphill also in that case. Unfortunately, Galileo proved around 500 years ago that it rarely happens in practice.

Some of us have lost Hope with LH. :D

cricketer May 5, 2023 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior (Post 35225963)

Here's to you having a much better meal than I did!

AirborneLocksmith May 5, 2023 8:22 pm

Schnitzel not on the menu?

chris63 May 6, 2023 12:31 am

Originally Posted by AirborneLocksmith (Post 35227699)
Schnitzel not on the menu?

No, surprising omission it was the staple previously