FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   FRA FCT & FCL catering moves from Do&Co to Käfer [merged feedback] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/2120358-fra-fct-fcl-catering-moves-do-co-k-fer-merged-feedback.html)

chris63 Apr 19, 2024 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by NYC1 (Post 36173392)
Looks like business class lounge-type food. That's not a good thing.

Yes, FRA is to be avoided for so many reasons, sadly connections sometimes make it unavoidable….. it must be so confusing for the occasional F pax, excellent F lounges in ZRH & MUC & at FRA apart from the worst airport experience, the FCL are sub standard :rolleyes:

worldclubber Apr 20, 2024 12:01 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 36173042)
Went to FCLB, since i arrived there, terrible service, almost empty but the 2 Staff in the Restaurant kept disappearing…. Buffet very sparse & dried up.
Off to FCT, good service but wow, how cheap is the Buffet compared to before, no Smoked Salmon, no Prawns, just makes me appreciate ZRH FCL & MUC FCL more…

Wow, that's a change from even just a few weeks ago, when there was plenty of smoked Scottish salmon and seafood salad, and other items that lifted the offering to a level above the SEN lounges.

The hot buffet doesn't bother me so much, as long as the a la carte menu is good a the service reasonably fast. But the lack of quality appetizers to bridge the gap between ordering hot food and actually getting it seems, and I don't use this word much, unacceptable.

worldclubber Apr 20, 2024 12:10 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 36173672)
Yes, FRA is to be avoided for so many reasons, sadly connections sometimes make it unavoidable….. it must be so confusing for the occasional F pax, excellent F lounges in ZRH & MUC & at FRA apart from the worst airport experience, the FCL are sub standard :rolleyes:

Really bothers me as a NUE-based flyer, as ZRH, VIE and MUC no longer get direct service from there. And makes me rethink my plan to shift most of my AF & KL flying back to LHG for a while and go for HON next year. Which would then leave me with the choice between taking the LH bus to MUC to get decent F ground services (but no QPs for the bus with a LH flight number, not even on a J or F ticket) and flying via FRA and "enjoying" the FCLs there. Essentially facing the choice between the devil and the deep blue sea as a HON benefit :(

FlyerLX Apr 20, 2024 12:45 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 36174317)
…..And makes me rethink my plan to shift most of my AF & KL flying back to LHG for a while and go for HON next year….

Likewise makes me wonder, after some years of SEN, whether it’s worth going for HON in the next few years.

worldclubber Apr 20, 2024 12:50 am

Originally Posted by FlyerLX (Post 36174359)
Likewise makes me wonder, after some years of SEN, whether it’s worth going for HON in the next few years.

It seems like a good plan, but not so much anymore. Would have qualified for HON in 25, enjoyed the status in 26 and another year of automatic SEN (due to the soft landing, IIRC) in 27. Just don't know if I want to fully commit myself to LHG or enjoy life and fly whatever airlines gets me to my destination best, maintaining SEN and ST-gold.

daumueller Apr 20, 2024 1:19 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 36174370)
It seems like a good plan, but not so much anymore. Would have qualified for HON in 25, enjoyed the status in 26 and another year of automatic SEN (due to the soft landing, IIRC) in 27. Just don't know if I want to fully commit myself to LHG or enjoy life and fly whatever airlines gets me to my destination best, maintaining SEN and ST-gold.

as a NUE based HON, I can tell you… I am not going out of my way to renew anymore. I don’t take the bus to MUC because that’s a joke… on my last vacation the award guarantee wasn’t honored because it involved 4Y… had to drive to FRA multiple times because of cancelled flights or no proper flights to begin with or stupid fare rules… so. Yeah… oh, and my HON bags consistently come out last.

worldclubber Apr 20, 2024 2:10 am

Originally Posted by daumueller (Post 36174407)
as a NUE based HON, I can tell you… I am not going out of my way to renew anymore. I don’t take the bus to MUC because that’s a joke… on my last vacation the award guarantee wasn’t honored because it involved 4Y… had to drive to FRA multiple times because of cancelled flights or no proper flights to begin with or stupid fare rules… so. Yeah… oh, and my HON bags consistently come out last.

That's really sad to hear. Maybe I waited too long for a worthwhile shot at HON, but my destinations required me to also keep the STeam Elite Plus current, in order to get sky priority treatment on AF, KL and other SkyTeam flights, including lounge access at NUE. In addition to all of the issues already mentioned, it is really annoying that I now have to pay for the lounge at NUE for my kids as SEN (and would have to even as a HON), since it was converted from a LH-lounge into an airport-run lounge. It's probably not more than a couple of hundred Euros a year, but still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I will have to make up my mind soon, whether I makes sense to shift most of my business to AF/KL (as they offer regular flights to their AMS and CDG hubs from NUE) and maybe go for AF LT Plat instead. Just find AF F too expensive and limited in reach in many cases.

f4freeJunior Apr 20, 2024 2:18 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 36173042)
Went to FCLB, since i arrived there, terrible service, almost empty but the 2 Staff in the Restaurant kept disappearing….

This is also my experience from the last few times I was in the FCL B. Lounge almost empty but the staff mainly on their phones, definitely not proactive, and they did not know anything about the wines they had on the menu etc.
In less than 2 weeks I have a flight leaving from the B gates to LOS/SSG and normally that would be the lounge of choice but I am seriously considering the FCT even though I am connecting from ZRH.

chris63 Apr 20, 2024 2:27 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior (Post 36174470)
This is also my experience from the last few times I was in the FCL B. Lounge almost empty but the staff mainly on their phones, definitely not proactive, and they did not know anything about the wines they had on the menu etc.
In less than 2 weeks I have a flight leaving from the B gates to LOS/SSG and normally that would be the lounge of choice but I am seriously considering the FCT even though I am connecting from ZRH.

Yes, i am certainly in no hurry to revisit FCLB, i don't mind the walk to FCT & now have more incentive for that

f4freeJunior Apr 20, 2024 2:28 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 36174459)
That's really sad to hear. Maybe I waited too long for a worthwhile shot at HON, but my destinations required me to also keep the STeam Elite Plus current, in order to get sky priority treatment on AF, KL and other SkyTeam flights, including lounge access at NUE. In addition to all of the issues already mentioned, it is really annoying that I now have to pay for the lounge at NUE for my kids as SEN (and would have to even as a HON), since it was converted from a LH-lounge into an airport-run lounge. It's probably not more than a couple of hundred Euros a year, but still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I wasn't aware of the situation in NUE but I totally agree with you! Would be equally annoyed.

Originally Posted by daumueller (Post 36174407)
oh, and my HON bags consistently come out last.

I rarely check in bags but when I do in most cases they come out among the first ones.

Originally Posted by FlyerLX (Post 36174359)

Whenever I talk to other fellow HON members whether they consider the program "worth it" anymore they answer "hast du Lack gesoffen?"... unfortunately not many better alternatives out there for ZRH based members.

worldclubber Apr 20, 2024 2:33 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior (Post 36174470)

It's a pity, as the FCL B is spacious and has the best view of all F-lounges at FRA. I used to go there all the time, as I preferred it to the FCT when connecting.

worldclubber Apr 20, 2024 2:34 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 36174481)
Yes, i am certainly in no hurry to revisit FCLB, i don't mind the walk to FCT & now have more incentive for that

The walk to the FCT is not terrible, at least when it's not pouring, but connecting F pax shouldn't be forced to go out of the secure area just to get a half decent F ground experience.

chris63 Apr 20, 2024 2:48 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 36174488)
It's a pity, as the FCL B is spacious and has the best view of all F-lounges at FRA. I used to go there all the time, as I preferred it to the FCT when connecting.

I should have taken some photos of the Buffet at FCLB, one frame would encompass all :D for Wine top ups i had to help myself, the bottles were where the Desert section used to be…..

worldclubber Apr 20, 2024 2:51 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 36174508)
I should have taken some photos of the Buffet at FCLB, one frame would encompass all :D for Wine top ups i had to help myself, the bottles were where the Desert section used to be…..

The "like" here means that I like that you replied, not the description of the state of affairs at the FCL B.

Really saddening that the airport I have to go through most has the worst lounge product in the LH universe now. Adding to the overall mediocre experience on the ground at FRA.

daumueller Apr 20, 2024 4:14 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior (Post 36174483)

I rarely check in bags but when I do in most cases they come out among the first ones.

same on rarely checking them - but sometimes there is no choice

at some airports it works great.

but the airports I mostly have checked bags at (NUE, SFO, MLE) keep disappointing