Lounges for long haul

Old Feb 4, 2023, 7:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC Gold, M&M Senator, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Lounges for long haul

I'm currently sitting in the United Airlines Polaris Lounge @ LAX waiting for my LX flight to ZRH: what a lovely place: quiet, not overcrowded, a superb layout with views over the tarmac, an a la carte restaurant serving nice food, good wines and real champagne and having top notch shower rooms.
Quite interesting: some years ago lounges of all major US carriers had been low end waiting rooms with limited food options - now UA and AA have some very nice lounges for international travelers in business class.
Now let's compare the offerings of european carriers such as LH, LX and BA (the ones I frequently use): their Senator or Gold lounges became zoos: noisy places with Aldi style food, sometimes totally overcrowded. Whilst sitting here @LAX, I wish they would change their lounge policy: well maintained lounges for business and first long haul and maybe some limited service offerings for EU business customers and no lounge at all for Y travelers... What do you think?
Old Feb 4, 2023, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA EC Gold, M&M Senator, HHonors Diamond, Hertz President's Circle

This is what I'm talking about :-)
romans likes this.
Old Feb 4, 2023, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Yes, Polaris is very nice but UA as the Worlds 3rd Largest airline can afford to spend some cash & there are only 6 Polaris lounges, UA elites can only access if flying Polaris. UA Clubs are poor & that is where the majority of UA J pax & elites end up.

LHG FCLs at their hubs are excellent and accessible to their top elites, HON, even in Y & regional, so the choices offered by airlines needs to be put in perspective.
athome and worldclubber like this.
Old Feb 5, 2023, 1:57 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by athomas76
I wish they would change their lounge policy: well maintained lounges for business and first long haul and maybe some limited service offerings for EU business customers and no lounge at all for Y travelers... What do you think?
I hope they wont. One of the main motivations to become SEN with LH is that I can use the lounges even before and after short hops in Y. I wouldnt mind nice Polaris-style lounges for J long-haul pax at LH hubs, but would very much object to a reducing lounge access for status pax.
chris63 and andywaw like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.