Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lufthansa Mobile App (2022 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2023, 3:39 pm

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The app already uses the new backend (planned to serve the web and app) that will allow self service rebook.
Tried to refund a ticket issued a few days ago via web. When I clicked the "cancel" button in the email confirmation the app page displayed the ticket (don't have the LH App installed) details but there was no option to cancel the entire booking, only to rebook it. I was forced to call service centre to do the job.
Really very helpful, indeed.
Old Feb 7, 2023, 6:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Was unable to check-in for my flight on the app. Some sort of error 'multiple names/tickets' ... sigh. Was able to check-in perfectly fine from my computer

Now my printed BP has the same issue the app has had before ... well, sort of ... Shows 'F', seat 2A, class: Business
Old Feb 7, 2023, 12:15 pm

Question

as a IT tester I can't understand how is possible to have bugs like this one, since every current app is the same through the whole LH group - OS/LX/SN/LH or the issue is present also for OS/LX... apps?
Old Feb 7, 2023, 4:11 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Bold of you to assume it is not the same in all the apps...
Old Feb 17, 2023, 5:45 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Dear tester,

the testing phase of our Lufthansa beta app comes to an end.This means that the beta app version will no longer be supported starting 24.02.2023 and cannot be used anymore. You can therefore uninstall the Lufthansa beta app.

The new Lufthansa app is already available in the App and Google Play Store. You will always be able to download the latest version there.

Thank you very much for your feedback throughout the past months. You have contributed significantly to the further development and optimization of the app. We hope that you have enjoyed testing the Lufthansa beta app.

Kind regards,

Lufthansa
I deleted it a long time ago!
chris63 and kai.lileboo like this.
Old Feb 23, 2023, 12:03 pm

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Is it just me or were the boarding notifications enhanced away from the new app? Or is there some way to turn them back on?

Another point - when departing from a location requiring a paper BP, no electronic BP´s are generated even for subsequent flights. Why so?

And last - in the "my flights" overview, when clicking on a "flight status" button under a specific flight, the app redirects to an empty query form, instead of directly providing flight status for the flight under which the flight status button was hit.

Oh well...
Old Feb 28, 2023, 2:17 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
The iPad app has disappeared and has been replaced by the iPhone app. Another great step forward, not
chris63 likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2023, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by MichielR
The iPad app has disappeared and has been replaced by the iPhone app. Another great step forward, not
Yes, very annoying
Old Mar 1, 2023, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Where is RBD hiding, anyway to find it? Online also is hidden.
NewAtlantis likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 2:54 pm

Programs: The Entire Universe!
It's way worse than the previous one! New flights cannot be added and the existing ones just don't show up - another great LH IT development...
st8dm likes this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 3:09 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by NewAtlantis
It's way worse than the previous one! New flights cannot be added and the existing ones just don't show up - another great LH IT development...
That's strange, that is about the only thing that works well for me. New flights are automatically added (probably a consequence of the travel-ID intro but still).
NightFly and gojko88 like this.
Old Mar 2, 2023, 4:00 pm

Programs: LH HON/AF Gold
All of my recent F flights have shown the same - "F" seat 2A as business class

World class IT - and the funny thing is that it's caused problems at outstations for priority boarding
Old Mar 2, 2023, 4:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stopps
Old Mar 7, 2023, 12:19 am

Programs: LH MM SEN & many others+++
this is where we vent out without any consequences. Now, the fact that there are no negative consequences, as would've perhaps been in Russia or China where you may pick up a "go to jail" ticket for just about anything, I guess it's a good thing.

The disappointment is that nothing will change anyway: some Execs were perhaps already promoted and congratulated for their "hard work" and "relentless assessment" and won perhaps some LH internal award for "innovation".

Now, please allow me to share my set of findings from using this "amazing innovation" for the past month:

- I was counting on my LH app to let me know where my gate is and to announce gate updates. GONE.

- I was receiving a lot of updates about every step of the flight. At first I was surprised and didn't found them relevant. Slowly, I learned to count on them. Very useful indeed. GONE.

- I used, sometimes, the airport maps. Even if I fly frequently, I am a bloody human being, with a lot of shortcomings. Memory is one of them. Maps GONE.

- The biggest issue with this app is that I used to spend about 45s to check in. All my data was already saved and all I was doing was approving the data is correct. Now I spend 5 minutes to make sure I don't misspell my name or my passport# (I have poor close eyesight and not always glasses at hand). I go through all data entry every single time. This is terribly frustrating. It's nothing like I'm a *G and they know everything about me. After all, I haven't even flown with them, I just found a SEN card on the street and instantly became one. Of course they need my name every time! Feature GONE.

- finally, my .....ing is coming to an end: I could see all my flight details on a single screen—something I valued greatly. I could understand with a glance when I departed, how long my stopover was, when I arrived and what are all my flight numbers. Now I need to scroll and remember all the details. There is no way I can have them all on a single screen. I find this a big UX flaw. They had this feature before. Now it's.... you guessed it! GONE!!

This is all such a huge mess.

I bet my status (which has already become half valuable after they decided new statuses will only be valid for one year, instead of two) that no one will be anything but congratulated, promoted and given a big bonus for my hard worked money paid on their tickets.

It's immensely frustrating. I wonder if I'm the only one sharing this perspective. It won't be the first time I'm wrong, so please prove me differently.

I did what I could - sent them my feedback above. If you agree with me, maybe I shouldn't be the only one.

Safe flights,
Stefan
NightFly likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2023, 1:09 am

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Adding to above, more grievances (added to those mentioned early in the thread):

-impossible to change an automatically assigned seat when flying on Eco Light, even if willing to pay. You are being redirected to a website.
-when a gate change occurs, the app is slow to reflect it. E.g. last thursday in MUC, my app BP still showed unspecified K gate long after I saw on the screen that my gate actually is Gxx.
-last but not least, miles now post WAY slower than before. LH/LX flights usually posted within 36 hours, whereas now (Tuesday) I still don´t see last Thursday´s flights posted.
-ceterum autem censeo boarding notifications should be put back!

All in all, the new app is a huge disappointment to me.

Last edited by NightFly; Mar 7, 2023 at 1:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.