Wiki Posts
Search

Booked D / Ticket in Z

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2022, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN; AF/KL G
Question Booked D / Ticket in Z

Booked a return flight LIS-FRA-OTP-VIE-LIS and the last leg was OS codeshare, flight operated by TP.
The whole booking is in D, and but the last leg, on the ticket it said Z. Also I got miles in M&M for Z instead of D and did not get the executive bonus.
I've opened a case with M&M and I'm still waiting after 2 weeks for a reply, but the operator said this is the first time he has seen this. He was seeing the same thing.

Anybody else experienced this?
Old Nov 29, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Nothing out of the ordinary here, booking class D on OS translates to booking class Z on TP and you only get the Executive Bonus when flying on LH Group metal.

Sadly, the issue of TP booking classes and how they translate across various FFPs is an eternal nightmare for all of us.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by gojko88
Nothing out of the ordinary here, booking class D on OS translates to booking class Z on TP and you only get the Executive Bonus when flying on LH Group metal.

Sadly, the issue of TP booking classes and how they translate across various FFPs is an eternal nightmare for all of us.
According to TAP Portugal | Miles & More (miles-and-more.com):

Earn award and status miles on all scheduled flights operated by TAP Portugal. As a Frequent Traveller, Senator or HON Circle Member, you get an additional Executive Bonus of 25% on the award miles calculated on the basis of the ticket price.
Seems you are right, I did not read it's only on award miles.

Where is booking class translation described? Ticketing airline was LH and the flight was sold as OS operated by TP...
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:42 am

You can have a look at this thread for class mapping on codeshare: MM Codeshare accrual class table (very incomplete)
Old Nov 30, 2022, 4:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by fereke
You can have a look at this thread for class mapping on codeshare: MM Codeshare accrual class table (very incomplete)
Thank you! I will have a look. Meanwhile M&M team responded with their usual email:
The basis for the calculation according to the new system is the airfare plus the national/international surcharge (displayed as YQ) levied by the Miles & More partner airlines. The other taxes, fees and airline surcharges are not included in the revenue-based system. Thus, the mileage credit you received for your trip is correct.
While I do understand it, I booked the flight after searching the ITA Matrix and booked via the Senator hotline to assure they are in D. It was never mentioned that being operated by TP would mean another class. I still think LH needs to work on their customer service...
Harper50505 likes this.
Old Dec 5, 2022, 2:08 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Your miles credit is correct. Beware when booking different airlines (code share also) as the booking class may have been different on the operating airline.
As TP is not a M&M member, those classes are indeed differently booked and credited to another programme. The same applies V/V.
I suggest you book all flights on same LH group and on same metal!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.