Search

Lufthansa Flight changed to wetlease [BT, WX, OS, EW & 4Y]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Lufthansa Flight changed to wetlease [BT, WX, OS, EW & 4Y]

Dears,

on one of my frequent routes I have noticed that LH flights are operated by Air Nostrum.
as I understand it is a sister company of Iberia
I do not care about service, etc but what can I expect in terms of safety?
on this routes I habe had many “suprises” as OU operated by Air Montenegro where I had my concerns...
any suggestions and experiences?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 9:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN & DL Plat
Firther more, just out of curiosity why they are doing this since Air Nostrum is operating those flights constantly through the summer. Many benefits as seat selection etc are not valid even in business class or exo classic.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think they’re good. They fly under a Spanish AOC.

Btw. M fare and HBO. Welcome to the future!
zeer0 likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by hugolover
I think they’re good. They fly under a Spanish AOC.

Btw. M fare and HBO. Welcome to the future!
Even Y can be HBO these days. Welcome to the future indeed!
hugolover and zeer0 like this.
Old Mar 5, 2018, 6:56 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LH is short of crew and aircraft this summer, so a number of wetleases are coming in, the above only being one exotic option to try out a CRJ 1000. Other option include a Helvetic F100, which FTers in ZRH only know too well....
Old Mar 5, 2018, 11:34 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH is short of crew and aircraft this summer, so a number of wetleases are coming in, the above only being one exotic option to try out a CRJ 1000. Other option include a Helvetic F100, which FTers in ZRH only know too well....
Give me one of these Fokkers any time over the Sun Express Boeings they use too...

Air Nostrum is the LH Regional equivalent of IB. I have flown their CRJ a couple of times, don’t remember they were particularly bad (other than the one time the captain made his announcement in Spanish including a complaint that he would have to do one in English too, for that one non-Spanish pax, i.e. me).
Old Mar 6, 2018, 9:14 am

Programs: SK *S, LH *S; Accor ALL Gold
Will they repaint the a/c, or will we see Iberia Regional livery on planes performing Lufthansa flights?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
I'm also scheduled to be on one of these at the end of the month. have flown the CRJ1000 a few times between OPO and MAD. it's perfectly fine on up to 2h.

per airlineroute:
Lufthansa in summer 2018 season is leasing Air Nostrum CRJ1000 aircraft, mainly operating on Lufthansa’s service to/from Frankfurt. From 25MAR18 to 28OCT18, following routes will be operated by CRJ1000.

Frankfurt – Gdansk 2 daily
Frankfurt – Geneva 1 daily
Frankfurt – Leipzig 1 daily
Frankfurt – Luxembourg 2 daily
Frankfurt – Zagreb 2 daily
SAS is having the same.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by GBM.flights
Indeed — and that’s been the case for quite some time now (at least on some of the Gdańsk services, including the late afternnon flight(s) from/to Copenhagen). For the records (at least those times I was on one of the above mentioned services), the aircraft had the SAS livery (EC registration) with crew wearing Iberia’s uniforms.

P.S.: the crew wouldn’t have a clue about FTV status, every time I asked for a drink (free-of-charge for SK EBD), I was asked to show my card (same for CityJet’s operated flights).

G
Old Jul 4, 2018, 3:45 am

Programs: FlyingBlue, Platinum
Hello,

a related question which I couldn't answer myself (or too stupid to find it in the forum):

LH1376 (Frankfurt-Gdansk) is indicated as Operated by Air Nostrum on the LH website upon booking. Would this leg count for my "30 scheduled flights in one calendar year" in order to obtain the Frequent Traveller status?

Many thanks, Patrick
Old Jul 4, 2018, 4:06 am

Originally Posted by pado
Hello,

a related question which I couldn't answer myself (or too stupid to find it in the forum):

LH1376 (Frankfurt-Gdansk) is indicated as Operated by Air Nostrum on the LH website upon booking. Would this leg count for my "30 scheduled flights in one calendar year" in order to obtain the Frequent Traveller status?

Many thanks, Patrick
It will count towards FTL, yes.

G
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Yes, these flights post as 'normal' LH flights.
I am not looking forward to yet another AirNostrum flight next week. In my case LH1224 (FRA-GVA), which has the following flight reliability rating: On Time: 16%, Avg delay: 46 min, max. delay 2h21min. During the last 62 days, LH1224 was on-time only 10x, but cancelled 7x, delayed >15 min: 11x. >30min: 11x, >45 min: 23x! As expected from a 5-star premium airport, such as FRA and LH charging a LOT of money for this flight, LH1224 of course departs from a bus gate and is usually parked as remote that it takes the bus half as long as the flight to Geneva.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 8:59 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
FRA - GDN - Large cancellations

What is going on with FRA - GDN Service ? The performance is abysmal at around 60-70 % cancellation rate. LH1376/LH1377 has not run for 5 days and is again cancelled tomorrow. Same for LH1378/LH1379. Only LH1386 is running currently.
Commercial reasons or operational ?

Moreover LH are playing hardball with rebooking affected pax. As you can guess LH1386 is full to the brim as a result and LH wanted me to stay in Gdańsk several days until availability opens. Connection via MUC, ZRH are full. I mananged to snag a seat via WAW but just by luck. And they refused me to be rebooked on KL.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe this is related to tomorrow's cancellation?

Operational flight schedule disruptions on Sunday, 7 July

Due to the defusing of a world war bomb in the Frankfurt city centre on Sunday, July 7th, there will unfortunately also be disruptions to arrivals and departures from and to Frankfurt Airport. For this reason, there will be some adjustments to the Lufthansa Group's flight schedule. Some cancellations will already be published on Saturday (6 July) and affected guests will be informed immediately. Some cancellations and delays may also be announced at short notice on Sunday.
Old Jul 6, 2019, 10:40 am
Accor 10+ BadgeHilton 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
No the flights to GDN are disrupted since one week at least.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.