Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TravelID: common sign on to all M&M and LH Group websites/apps

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2022, 5:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
TravelID: common sign on to all M&M and LH Group websites/apps

The login system is being migrated to the new travel ID in phases:

Austrian Airlines and SWISS now also with the new Travel ID

Until now, there were several profiles within the Lufthansa Group with which customers could register with the various airlines or in the Miles & More profile. The profiles were stored in different databases and therefore not linked with each other, which previously required different logins for different systems. This is now to come to an end.

After Brussels Airlines and Miles & More now also Austrian Airlines and SWISS introduce the new Travel ID, which is to become the gateway to the networked experience of all customers. The new Travel ID enables customers to create a profile with which they can log in to all platforms of the Lufthansa Group. In addition, the customer profiles of different companies are merged into a single login, which creates a seamless user experience and increases the share of profiles. All passengers now have the option of creating a Travel ID with the Austrian Airlines respectively SWISS logo. With this single login, customers can now take advantage of numerous benefits and offers from the entire Lufthansa Group. The new customer profile is available on austrian.com and swiss.com and shortly also in the respective apps.

In the coming weeks, Lufthansa will also introduce the new Travel ID

Last edited by oliver2002; Jan 2, 2024 at 8:42 am
Old Aug 17, 2022, 8:54 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
TravelID went live on LH.com today.
Old Aug 30, 2022, 8:44 am

Programs: M&M FTL (*Silver), KLM/AF blue
And the result is: I cannot log in any more. Well done LH.
(Do you actually test your stuff at all, before using it to destroy your own business....????
Old Aug 31, 2022, 6:25 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by oliver2002
TravelID went live on LH.com today.
What a disaster - at least for me...

When I tried to create a TravelID I was not able to link it to my M&M number, despite the fact that I used the same email address. No option to link an existing M&M account was visible. So I deleted it.

Secondly, when I try to log on the website using my "old" M&M credentials I get numerous log on - not logged on - logged on loops with very sluggish response times.

Thirdly, I made the mistake to upgrade the LH app on my iPhone. Result: although I am logged on I can neither access my M&M account balance nor do I see any of my booked trips.

F - A - I - L !!!
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:07 am

Same here, complete desaster… LH IT at its best…
Old Aug 31, 2022, 7:30 am

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Well someone at LH must have started to realize that things are not working as designed.

LH's homepage in EN states:

while the DE version has been modified slightly:

Sie haben bereits eine Lufthansa iD, ein austrian.com/swiss.com Profil oder ein Miles & More Konto? Ihr Konto ist weiter aktiv, Sie müssen keine Travel ID anlegen. Wir kontaktieren Sie, sobald Sie auf die Travel ID umstellen können.
Exec summary: if you already have a LH, OS or LX profile or if you are a M&M member - stay put, we will reach out to you once you can switch to Travel ID.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
I have just been logging in with the "Service Card Number" option and using my M&M login. Works for me across LH/OS.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 9:54 am

That‘s how I logged in but still cannot access my M&M account from the LH app. I need to log into themM&M app… pretty inconvenient.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 12:48 pm

Programs: AC E75K
LH Group Travel ID Not Able to Add Non-M&M FFP?

For the last few years, I've used my Lufthansa ID (e-mail address + password) to maintain a profile with Lufthansa that could save my personal information including Aeroplan FF number. After completing a recent booking, the LH website prompted me to convert my Lufthansa ID into a Travel ID that could be used across the LH Group websites. I did so, and most of the information seemed to carry over successfully, except the frequent flyer number. So I tried to add it manually and receive this error:

Trying to add a non-M&M FF number during the booking process also does not appear possible anymore:

Why is Lufthansa making "improvements" to its website that reduce its functionality? Do they want more people to "contact the Service Center" and increase their operating costs?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It hasn't been possible during the booking process for ages. Years maybe?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
It hasn't been possible during the booking process for ages. Years maybe?
It is possible if I'm not logged it. It was also possible when I used my Lufthansa ID to log in (which had my Aeroplan number saved).

hugolover likes this.

Last edited by capedreamer; Oct 20, 2022 at 2:27 pm
Old Oct 21, 2022, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That's interesting. Thank you.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 6:47 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Also it was possible for me adding UA FFN prior to October 10. Now not possible since I switched to travel ID. I get a different error message when I try to manage a booking, like this below, trying with 2 different browsers. I also tried to send a ticket via the website about this issue, and that was rejected due to internal server error, second error message below. Will call later today. My advice, DO NOT change to Travel ID until this gets fixed.

Before you can continue, please check the following: The same frequent flyer number has been entered more than once. Please validate your entries and try again. (1302)

2 errors have occurred. Please note:
Submit Validation Failed
Your request cannot be completed due to a technical error. (Internal Server Error)

sorry about the formatting using different browser

Last edited by boerne; Oct 21, 2022 at 6:54 am
Old Oct 21, 2022, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by boerne
DO NOT change to Travel ID until this gets fixed.
Agree with this!

Do you (or anyone) have any advice on the most effective way to report these bugs to LH (ideally without requiring long phone hold times)?
Old Oct 22, 2022, 6:51 am

Programs: LT Plt, 4mm, *A GLD, burned out medical provider, executing our estate plan
Originally Posted by capedreamer
Agree with this!

Do you (or anyone) have any advice on the most effective way to report these bugs to LH (ideally without requiring long phone hold times)?

Since the feedback email process to CS has an internal server glitch thats the only way I see. Hopefully they can get it fixed in the next year, we don't fly with them until August 2023, but I won't hold my breath. I am scheduling 3 hours for a phone call next week to sort it out and add my UA number. I have learned to multi task while on hold in the past 3 years.
capedreamer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.