Community
Wiki Posts
Search

One agent at DUB LH/LX counter for LX check in 11Aug LX407

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2022, 6:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by swiss_global
Well, at the risk to repeat myself, the entire LH group (including LX) decided to become an ULCC, at least short haul, No surprise at all about what happened. I just avoid them, whenever possible,
Part of Europe's managed decline.
swiss_global likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 4:35 am

This doesn't impact all airports in Europe - it is specific companies! The staffing issues are caused by companies forecasting that air travel would not rebound so quickly, taking a short term view and laying off staff during the pandemic.

Other companies took a long term view and either retained staff during the pandemic or offer a competitive wage to quickly fill vacancies.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 5:04 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by swiss_global
LH group (including LX) decided to become an ULCC, at least short haul. I just avoid them, whenever possible,
Alternatives ? Train, car, Easyjet/Ryanair ?

I still believe in LH group, but avoid connecting in FRA, preferring MUC/VIE/ZRH (in this rder). And especially EN is an excellent airline, really pleasant. Obviously I fly only C also within Europe.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Is the situation similar at EDI airport? I am slightly worried about my return trip to DUS in September with Eurowings.
Old Aug 15, 2022, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Concerto
Is the situation similar at EDI airport? I am slightly worried about my return trip to DUS in September with Eurowings.
You should be fine in September, currently it’s the entirely predictable Summer holiday rush that is causing mayhem
Old Aug 15, 2022, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have sometimes found September a bit weird in the past, though. High flight prices and still a lot of people on the move.
Luckily I don't have a huge number of projects on during the summer at the moment, because summer travel has become unsupportable with all the hordes milling around airports. I don't know how serious road warriors, who have to keep travelling for their job, cope with it.

In the past, I have found DUB airport to be ok, but I have had feedback from friends who have had issues there such as missed flights due to hopeless check-in experiences.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 7:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by behuman
Alternatives ? Train, car, Easyjet/Ryanair ?

I still believe in LH group, but avoid connecting in FRA, preferring MUC/VIE/ZRH (in this rder). And especially EN is an excellent airline, really pleasant. Obviously I fly only C also within Europe.
Train or car are certainly an alternative on some shorter routes (arguably not the route the OP was travelling, DUB-ZRH). As for DUB-ZRH you can also fly EI, which is also a LCC intra Europe, same as Easyjet, but both are more enjoyable than LX, if you ask me. Obviously, they don't have intra EU C class, but I find LX's intra EU C, in particular seat pitch, also underwhelming, to say the least.
Old Aug 16, 2022, 7:56 am

Programs: TK*G (E+)
EI offers on some intra EU destinations C class (or better call it premium class maybe). It calls AerSpace.
In this class u have eg. front row seat, middle seat free, snack and drink from the bar, lounge, free changes, bags etc.
Old Aug 21, 2022, 12:10 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Alternatives ? Train, car, Easyjet/Ryanair ?...
I'd vote for SK - this also fixes the notion that LX is a ULCC.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 3:41 am

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by weero
I'd vote for SK - this also fixes the notion that LX is a ULCC.
No middle seat blocking .
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:34 am

No middle seat blocking .
They fixed this on some routes, AFAIK.

But that was one ugly oddity chez SAS.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 5:46 am

Originally Posted by weero
They fixed this on some routes, AFAIK.

But that was one ugly oddity chez SAS.
If I may ask, which routes? I find it totally hit and miss on the A320 fleet and non-existant on the smaller aircraft. Putting back some semblence of business class intra-Europe might serve SAS in their current plight well, IMO, they couldn't get much worse at the moment.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 6:10 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SAS doesn't have any business class other that the longhaul routes operated by A359, A330 and A321LR. On the A32S and smaller fleet there is no free middle seat in 'SAS Plus'
Old Aug 25, 2022, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by Harper50505
If I may ask, which routes? I find it totally hit and miss on the A320 fleet and non-existant on the smaller aircraft. Putting back some semblence of business class intra-Europe might serve SAS in their current plight well, IMO, they couldn't get much worse at the moment.
I agree - they are horrific when it comes to the soft product and crew motivation and morale. On the majority of the sectors I flew in recent months, I had to beg the crew to turn on the USB power and the pormised inflight Internet. Often to no avail .

Where did I always have free middles in SAS Plus? ZRH-OSL this spring and summer, FRA-OSL, KEF-OSL. But you may be right that the middle is not protected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.