Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Q- UA originating, FRA connect, Air Dolomiti final

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K
Baggage Q- UA originating, FRA connect, Air Dolomiti final

I'm 1K UA and booked a ticket through UA EWR->FRA->FLR. UA metal to Air Dolomiti. Used Plus Points on first leg, putting us into Polaris (confirmed). W fare to Florence. I have baggage questions...

Obv have 70lbs and basically however many bags I want as 1K and Polaris on originating flight. Not that I'm going to pack that heavy, but interested more in carry-on regulations. Coach in Air Dolomiti seems to allow 1 bag that is weight restricted to around 20 lbs or so. No personal item/backpack/briefcase. Will we be restricted to this, or allowed more based on status/originating fare?
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Carry-on regulations are per operating carrier. Checked luggage in your case is UA 3x72 lb on the outbound. The inbound is a different story as UA rules do not apply.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cfischer
Carry-on regulations are per operating carrier. Checked luggage in your case is UA 3x72 lb on the outbound. The inbound is a different story as UA rules do not apply.
Understood, but does that mean if I check luggage in EWR I'm going to get dinged for it in FRA? Shouldn't it just go right through? I'm assuming that for carry-on I should simply plan for the Air Dolomiti restrictions.... They do not extend baggage allowance to Star Alliance elites?
Old Aug 8, 2022, 12:11 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
What cfischer meant was that for EWR-FRA-FLR, you check your bags in with UA, and UA's policy applies all the way to FLR. You will not reclaim your bags in FRA.

For carry-on, there is no "Elite allowance" (although there is typically a more generous allowance for Business Class, not that this applies to you...) At the gate in FRA for your FLR flight, you will have to meet the requirements for cabin baggage on that flight.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:03 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by airoli
What cfischer meant was that for EWR-FRA-FLR, you check your bags in with UA, and UA's policy applies all the way to FLR. You will not reclaim your bags in FRA.

For carry-on, there is no "Elite allowance" (although there is typically a more generous allowance for Business Class, not that this applies to you...) At the gate in FRA for your FLR flight, you will have to meet the requirements for cabin baggage on that flight.
Perfect. Thx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.