Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

LH to close booking classes (except Y/G/J/F) on EU and select US routes till July 5

LH to close booking classes (except Y/G/J/F) on EU and select US routes till July 5

Old Jul 4, 2022, 9:33 pm

Programs: UA MileagePlus 2MM
Originally Posted by chris63
Exactly & they took tax payers cash to stay afloat, now they are shafting those same taxpayers, it was a no lose situation for LH group, only people who suffer are the pax & the employees they got rid of
Airlines are paying the money back. And without the airlines you wouldn't be able to travel....
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by Fluhalp
Airlines are paying the money back. And without the airlines you wouldn't be able to travel....
Yes, they are but that wasnt a certainty

But they cut too deep & failed to see the level of demand & who is suffering for that ?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:26 am

I am fairly sure Lufthansa is suffering much more than customers - they are deciding to take no more revenue for the whole of July's flights.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 1:55 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The system was closed last week on some routes inside Europe and to select US destinations. The block will be released today, the availability is coming back in the next 2-3 days.
iLied likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 2:00 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by 8420PR
I am fairly sure Lufthansa is suffering much more than customers - they are deciding to take no more revenue for the whole of July's flights.
?

Flights are still sold. They will result in less pax. Also probably less total fare collection, but that's not 100% certain.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: AC, SK, Marriott
I had the return segments (MAD-MUC-ARN) of a RT disappear so I called the corporate TA and got new segments (MAD-FRA-ARN) in Y added for no added fee. The original ones were in Q.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:33 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
?

Flights are still sold. They will result in less pax. Also probably less total fare collection, but that's not 100% certain.
LH will miss out on the last minute travellers who decide to go for a long weekend on a city break or visit friends. However, I think they will miss out as well on those passengers who must travel as the cost is too much compared to other carriers, unless LH is the only option and they must absolutely fly.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 5:46 am

Programs: A3 *G, LX *G, AF *S
Originally Posted by iLied
LH will miss out on the last minute travellers who decide to go for a long weekend on a city break or visit friends. However, I think they will miss out as well on those passengers who must travel as the cost is too much compared to other carriers, unless LH is the only option and they must absolutely fly.
Exactly - need to go to Munich end of July and the flight from GVA was 1200 (!) CHF in Y.
Taking the train now... (which might not even be so much longer with all the hassle these days).
iLied likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:26 am

Programs: Miles & More, BA Executive Club
Im curious, how are codeshares on LH metal covered by this?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by Carpacchio
Exactly - need to go to Munich end of July and the flight from GVA was 1200 (!) CHF in Y.
Taking the train now... (which might not even be so much longer with all the hassle these days).
60% on time record (ahem!) by new Star Alliance member Deutsche Bahn...
iLied likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 7:27 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
Originally Posted by iLied
I dont remember KL doing this. Ive seen LO do this for flights to UA.

KL did order planes to return to AMS empty in order to clear the backlog.

KL seems to be doing this at least partially. If I look at flights between AMS and ARN, only J and Y are open
iLied likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:09 am

Programs: LH -- HON Circle **, IHG Spire Elite, Hilton Diamond, 1865 Voyager
As I found a verdict on one forum: if the seller of a service or product knows in advance that he cannot offer it, then it is a pure scam.

Airlines know very precisely how much staff is needed to serve x amount of passengers. Airports know the same.
All this in its nature excludes any extraordinary circumstance. And the whole mess in European aviation today is 100% the fault of the innocent greed of the airlines.
Consequently, no traveler needs to sympathize with them or try to understand them. On the contrary -- everyone should demand their compensations. So that airlines will no longer be tempted to sell significantly more tickets than they can actually serve passengers. And if they sell, it would cost them.
jochen_vdk likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.