Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Super Flex - Partial Cancellation

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Continental OnePass, BA Executive Club, Tesco ;)
Super Flex - Partial Cancellation

Hi All,

I'm trying to determine whether I can fly the outbound but cancel the return leg of the journey of a 'Super Flex' J ticket from Germany-USA. The fare rules appear to indicate this is possible, but there is this reference on the website under Manage My Booking to say "The ticket is refundable without deduction. In case of partial usage, the applicable fare for the routing travelled will be recalculated."

I'm concerned that instead of c.50% of a refund being due, the recalculation to a one way fare (which would be significant higher than the Super Flex J fare that I paid which was actually the same price as a cheap restricted ticket) would apply and I would then not be entitled to any refund.

I've tried to call LH but they're 'not taking calls' at this time I guess due to capacity issues (tried for the last couple of days).

Any help very gratefully received!
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
If you don’t fly the inbound there would be no refund, any recalculation would be to one way price
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
The OP is talking about cancelling the return segment(s), not the inbound flight(s).

Anyway, the fare will be recalculated to o/w ticket for the outbound, so you will get much less than 50% of the total fare as refund.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by SK AAR
The OP is talking about cancelling the return segment(s), not the inbound flight(s).

Anyway, the fare will be recalculated to o/w ticket for the outbound, so you will get much less than 50% of the total fare as refund.
OP wants to cancel the return portion which is the inbound

Also OP wouldn’t get any refund, only a reprice to one way which would mean a price uplift
Old Jul 1, 2022, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Sorry, my bad.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 10:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Continental OnePass, BA Executive Club, Tesco ;)
Thank you everyone.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 6:53 am

You should check if a new ticket (either OW or Return where the return leg is booked in economy - need TA for this) is cheaper.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.