Able to check-in before 23hours + no FTL

Old Jun 30, 2022, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH FTL, FB Gold
Able to check-in before 23hours + no FTL

Hi,

I went through something weird today. I was able to check-in online 48 hours before my flight for an intraeuropean flight happening Saturday, however my ticket does not mention my FTL status (but the standard M/M for my partner) and both our tickets are in group boarding PRE.

Three questions, are we now allowed to check-in so early before flights ? What does PRE mean ? And how do I add the FTL on my ticket ? Is my status taken into account anyway and I will be able to go through priority lane in GVA upon scanning it ?

Thanks a lot, been a while since I flew LH/LX.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:38 am

Programs: ST E+, *G, some hotel gold...
My recent OS flights have opened checkin at t-47. I don't recall how it was when I last checked in with LH but it was more than 24h in advance. Either 36 or 47.

PRE means preboarding. Exit rows are now eligible for preboarding, did you perhaps get ASR on exits?

You should be able to add your M/M number if not present, but if your BP says LH*S on it, that is equivalent code to FTL.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 1:34 pm
Original Poster

Thanks a lot, I really enjoy how we can get nice and quick answers on FT.

I did indeed choose an exit row seat, so that explains the PRE, good to know. No LH*S either, I guess Ill check tomorrow if I can update my ticket otherwise Ill try to this at the airport. LH IT I guess.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:12 pm

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
My recent OS flights have opened checkin at t-47. I don't recall how it was when I last checked in with LH but it was more than 24h in advance. Either 36 or 47.

PRE means preboarding. Exit rows are now eligible for preboarding, did you perhaps get ASR on exits?

You should be able to add your M/M number if not present, but if your BP says LH*S on it, that is equivalent code to FTL.
OS has been 47 hours before departure for a long time now (except when you are flying with another *A partner, e.g. Lufthansa on a long haul flight [from what I have noticed at least]) - https://www.austrian.com/at/en/online-check-in

+1 on the exit rows granting pre-boarding, had this a while ago too.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Mr.Potato
Thanks a lot, I really enjoy how we can get nice and quick answers on FT.

I did indeed choose an exit row seat, so that explains the PRE, good to know. No LH*S either, I guess Ill check tomorrow if I can update my ticket otherwise Ill try to this at the airport. LH IT I guess.
When I had a ticket recently w/o my LH*S on it, I just went to the lounge and scanned my digital card, and they re-printed the ticket for me there with the LH*S included.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MasterGberry
When I had a ticket recently w/o my LH*S on it, I just went to the lounge and scanned my digital card, and they re-printed the ticket for me there with the LH*S included.
Yeah this is not too much of an issue, but I was wondering whether I could go through priority lane at security in GVA without the reference on the ticket (i want to avoid queuing at the check-in counter at 5.30am).
Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:27 pm

Yeah this is not too much of an issue, but I was wondering whether I could go through priority lane at security in GVA without the reference on the ticket (i want to avoid queuing at the check-in counter at 5.30am).
I'm afraid that doesn't make much of a difference, as far as I can tell, fast track is only for SEN and up, not for FTL in GVA.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
I'm afraid that doesn't make much of a difference, as far as I can tell, fast track is only for SEN and up, not for FTL in GVA.
Seems like FTL actually do (was also surprised to learn it) : https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34372961-post40.html
Old Jun 30, 2022, 11:47 pm

Seems like FTL actually do (was also surprised to learn it) : https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34372961-post40.html
Can't hurt to ask for them to swap the ticket when checking ur bag (if you are). Worst case you don't get through the fast track. Best case you do.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 2:44 am

Good for you if they do. The fast track finder says only in Germany, but maybe in Swiss hubs they make an exception.
Old Jul 1, 2022, 3:16 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
I had a similar issue recently where the FF status of all 3 passengers in my party was not shown on the mobile BP after OLCI despite the numbers showing up during the OLCI process. I went back in and re-entered all of the numbers manually and suddenly, the status was shown and our boarding group "upgraded" significantly. Maybe try that to see whether it helps?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.