Question for EU Flight Compensation Regulation for LH flights

Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Are we talking about the same thread/OP? (I don't even see a post from the learned CWS in this thread, so seems to be some kind of misunderstanding here)

I never said that the OP was not entitled to (fixed amount) comp. under the EU regulation. On the contrary I stated above (#21) that the OP should apply to LH for EUR 250/125 compensation.

What the OP insisted on was reimbursement of incidental costs at destination (Naples, because the OP arrived too late to make a ferry connection). That is certainly not covered under the EU Reg. I agree with one of the previous posters that maybe it is covered by local law/principles of contract law but that is something completely different than under EU Reg. 261/04 which is relatively simple and well established by now.
iLied likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 12:11 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by SK AAR
Are we talking about the same thread/OP? (I don't even see a post from the learned CWS in this thread, so seems to be some kind of misunderstanding here)

I never said that the OP was not entitled to (fixed amount) comp. under the EU regulation. On the contrary I stated above (#21) that the OP should apply to LH for EUR 250/125 compensation.

What the OP insisted on was reimbursement of incidental costs at destination (Naples, because the OP arrived too late to make a ferry connection). That is certainly not covered under the EU Reg. I agree with one of the previous posters that maybe it is covered by local law/principles of contract law but that is something completely different than under EU Reg. 261/04 which is relatively simple and well established by now.
I was referring to the TAP thread linked above my post.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:26 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
This is not downgrade. You never had a ticket for AF in C/J to Naples. If you wanted/insisted to travel in J/C I'm sure LH would have been able to rebook you (but most likely not on the day that you wish). You need to contact LH for refund of fare difference for the AF flight; most likely the amount will be small....
How does that matter and who does not want to travel in Biz???

If LH rebooked them in Biz next day and offered meal and hotel vouchers, you'd have a point. But they silently downgraded them, or at least that was the preliminary assumption.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If you read the subsequent post from the OP he/she was not downgraded. Presumed to have been downgraded but was actually not.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:56 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Does anybody know the current processing times for LH to address EU 261 Compensation and EU 261 Reimbursement of expenses?

I am now three cancellations deep in just 32 days, but more importantly I am over €550 out of pocket with expenses due to failure of LH to provide overnight hotels in MUC and Milan. This is starting to bite...
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:22 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
If you read the subsequent post from the OP he/she was not downgraded. Presumed to have been downgraded but was actually not.
I did state that but that doesn't validate your original claim.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.