TATL Star Gold baggage allowances on the other LH group carriers

Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:44 pm
Original Poster

TATL Star Gold baggage allowances on the other LH group carriers

Would anyone be able to clarify what the most recent policies are across LH group airlines, for the extra *A Gold bag on Light fares for Transatlantic itineraries?
(I see there's been lots of threads in the archive about Star Gold baggage, but most of them generally discuss intra-Europe flights)
  • For LH, I see their website clearly shows TATL Light fares get a bag (although the baggage calculator doesn't show it) - "Star Alliance Gold customers on intercontinental flights, the first item of baggage on the Economy Light fare is free of charge"
  • What about for LX, OS, and SN? Seems like LX and SN are a hard no, but I've seen mentions that OS might share LH's policy, but couldn't find anything officially?
Also a few other questions:
  • U.S. DOT Regulation 399.87 apparently doesn't apply to "baggage from status" - does this mean on a round trip ticket from USA to Europe, with outbound checking-in on UA/AC and return on SN/LX/OS, the return flight wouldn't have a baggage allowance? What if the return was SN/LX/OS check in but connecting to UA/AC?
  • For TATL flights to/from the US, how strictly do the airlines enforce the carry on size and 8kg weight? (I hear LX is particularly bad about this?)
  • Does the LH extra allowance extend to +1s on the same PNR? I know on UA it does, since its the "normal" policy, but is that different for LH where it is almost like a "special exception"?
Thanks!
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
'Baggage Excellence' Campaign: carry on rules check/enforcement [feedback]

*A gold benefits only for the *G, not others on the PNR. LH group doesn't code the *G benefit into the ticket, it will just show the regular allowance (0 Pc) and the system will allow one piece extra for the *G pax only.

Bottom line is don't book light fares if you want to make use of your *G baggage benefit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.