FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Lounge access (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/2084643-lounge-access.html)

flymexico2010 Jun 26, 2022 11:43 pm

Lounge access

Hello experts

Was wondering if there is any way to enter as a family of 5 (2 adults *Gold and 3 children (4,7,15) in senator lounge in MUC when travelling internationally?

Thanks for any advice.

airoli Jun 27, 2022 12:30 am

Assuming on a Star Alliance carrier in Economy class?

cas_de Jun 27, 2022 12:51 am

Give it a try, but most likely you will be denied, because of the 3rd kid. You can buy lounge access for that kid, but you need to determine if it is worth the money given the current circumstances:

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/lounge-companions

cfischer Jun 27, 2022 5:43 am

I think you have a decent chance. 4YO with 4 pax they can charge ... should work. I have seen it work. Not guarantee though.

flymexico2010 Jun 27, 2022 7:02 pm

Thanks for your replies. Seems that it could work or not. On the other hand there is no restriction how many times one can enter the lounge right?

Fabo.sk Jun 27, 2022 8:29 pm

Originally Posted by flymexico2010 (Post 34375533)
Thanks for your replies. Seems that it could work or not. On the other hand there is no restriction how many times one can enter the lounge right?

individually no, and lounge hopping is not a problem, but if you try to bring two different guests to two different lounges that might not work. Not the least because guests must leave with their guester, so if you enter with a group and immediately leave alone you're counting on the dragons not noticing

kai.lileboo Jun 30, 2022 11:13 am

The Senator Lounges and especially FTL ones in Germany are being packed with children lately. They look like Kindergarten. Several years ago, children were not allowed in and I think that was great. Of course I don't mind if there is occasionally one accompanied child as long as they are quiet and stay put. Nowdays, many parents stare on their phones while the children play and scream around the whole place. Of course they are children but even childer are very well behaved if parents bring them up in that spirit, right?
Where would we be, if everyone brought 3 or even more childer with them?
Call me ignorant, but I am not. It is a place to relax, to work and to have a good peaceful time. How many airlines allow childer or babies into their lounges?
FYI: I have 3 (grown up now) and we never used any lounges when travelling as a family.

behuman Jun 30, 2022 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by kai.lileboo (Post 34384259)
Where would we be, if everyone brought 3 or even more childer with them?

Let's encourage people flying on cheap Y fares for their holidays insisting on bringing their whole family in. It is just great to optimize their status and will hopefully lead to stop the "guest" allowance for lounges altogether. That's the way it should be anyway.

And yes, the "kindergarten" replaced the obnoxious business traveller :D.

thbe Jun 30, 2022 12:44 pm

I don’t mind children in the lounge, But they should sort out the ugly, old and fat passengers. And the alcoholics, of course.

Fabo.sk Jun 30, 2022 1:16 pm

Originally Posted by thbe (Post 34384552)
I don’t mind children in the lounge, But they should sort out the ugly, old and fat passengers. And the alcoholics, of course.

Hey, I'm not old!

chris63 Jun 30, 2022 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by thbe (Post 34384552)

Did you have anyone in mind ?

Old, Fat, Ugly and enjoys a few too many beverages ? :D