LHR Fast Track departure

Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: BRK-B
LHR Fast Track departure

Gold Track at LHR T2 is removed from *A website. Has anyone still able to access T2 departure fast-track using *G/Senator while travelling in Economy?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 7:53 am

Yes, worked with LH back in March this year, and also a couple of weeks ago (both using ROP Gold). The access seemed to be encoded into the boarding pass.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN
More importantly why is there no fast track arrival in lhr T2?

1+ hour queues at immigration are woeful.
flospi likes this.
Old Jun 24, 2022, 2:34 pm

Location: between DM464 and DM463 on the NAPSA26 RNAV TRANS in EDDM
Programs: this and that
Originally Posted by bobhope2
More importantly why is there no fast track arrival in lhr T2?

1+ hour queues at immigration are woeful.
Is the queue that long if you use the eGates?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 5:50 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Not sure about T2 but in T5 Fast Track is dead for a long time. A prominent victim of the Covid Big Reset.....
Old Jun 25, 2022, 11:19 am

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by cas_de
Yes. It’s hopeless until about 3pm once the TATLs are finished. If I have to arrive in the AM atm I am flying to LCY just to avoid these queues.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 12:32 am

Programs: LH SEN
And don't even think about transiting there, the security queues T2 -> T2 air-side are also a joke.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 3:28 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cas_de
Been there a week and a half ago on Wednesday evening, arriving on LX340. I was in the queue for about 80 minutes and while I was queueing, the queue was growing...
2 of the eGates were out of order and the others were working pretty well! They should've opened more staffed lanes!

But well, that happens when the airport was planned and built pre-Brexit.

I for my part will avoid LHR from now on.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 4:46 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flospi
Been there a week and a half ago on Wednesday evening, arriving on LX340. I was in the queue for about 80 minutes and while I was queueing, the queue was growing...
2 of the eGates were out of order and the others were working pretty well! They should've opened more staffed lanes!

I for my part will avoid LHR from now on.
You have me now seriously considering ditching my HEX non-refundable ticket and paying the change fee to switch to LCY. Flight is not until early August...keep hoping for things to settle down...
Old Jun 26, 2022, 5:13 am

Programs: OS SEN, Marriott Titanium
Flying to LHR tonight in the early evening and back out on Tuesday afternoon. Happy to report back here with how the airport is doing after passing through it.
bpk6h likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2022, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Noppasit
Gold Track at LHR T2 is removed from *A website. Has anyone still able to access T2 departure fast-track using *G/Senator while travelling in Economy?
used it a few weeks ago. Empty as usual.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by flospi

As far as immigration is concerned, Brexit made no difference at LHR because they were not in the Schengen Area anyway so it was border controls for all. The egate use has now been extended to include Australians, Canadians and a few more so that can make those queues worse that they were but IME it moves quite quickly even when busy provided of course the egates are working in the first place. So much for the UK 'taking back control' of its borders, it's a total free for all because there is no control on inbound EEA, Australia, Canada and more and no outbound control at all.

The only difference beyond there is that there is no longer a blue exit for EU arrivals.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 9:19 am

Flew in on Sunday, 5m passport control for the ePassport area. Got there in the early evening....but I guess this is probably a low time for the airport. Will be interesting to see how busy it is tomorrow.
bpk6h likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Fast track T2 still had prominent star gold signage last Friday.

As for arriving... Ranges between amazing (just walk through) and horrendous (wait 1.5 hours). Luck of the draw, though late evening tends to be better.

If given a choice, always go for LCY.
Old Jun 28, 2022, 2:53 pm

Just went thru “fast track” today which took 40m there. Has to walk around to it, and they had 2 lanes opened…was pretty painful. Thankfully arrived with enough time in case of delays.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.