Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Wage negotiations for LH Ground &MRO staff: Verdi strike on July 27 2022

Wage negotiations for LH Ground &MRO staff: Verdi strike on July 27 2022

Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by pdeut
I noticed that many of the MUC flights cancelled an hour ago are now not showing as cx anymore in the app/lh.com. I assume this is an effort to reduce the pace of calls?
Beyond ridiculous they are trying to protect the callcentre before the pax ?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Sykes
Just confirming: This strike is considered air carrier staff rather than staff external to the carrier for EU261 purposes, right? (This seems obvious, but it's not entirely implausible to me that there is some weird ownership structure that could shirk responsibility.)
Yes, its LH responsibility, their employees & all they had to do was keep them happy = no strike
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:15 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by chris63
Beyond ridiculous they are trying to protect the callcentre before the pax ?
Not really for the call centre... its cancelled in waves so the rebooking bots don't rebook into flights that are about to be cancelled which then have to be rebooked again.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by pdeut
I noticed that many of the MUC flights cancelled an hour ago are now not showing as cx anymore in the app/lh.com. I assume this is an effort to reduce the pace of calls?
Doesn't this also mean that travel agencies will not be able to rebook pax if the flight is not showing as cancelled anymore? My sister is caught in this mess and dealing with Amex travel to get rebooked. LH could only offer her a flight in a week's time.
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Amex should be able to rebook if the flight is cancelled in the system.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Not really for the call centre... its cancelled in waves so the rebooking bots don't rebook into flights that are about to be cancelled which then have to be rebooked again.
See # 57 Cancelled & then not ?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:30 am

Amex should be able to rebook if the flight is cancelled in the system.
But that's the issue. If LH as un-cancelled the flight, Amex won't be able to rebook. Screws the pax.

Edit: Yup. Amex is not rebooking her because they are not seeing the flight as cancelled. They're "trying to confirm what is happening".
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by justforfun
But that's the issue. If LH as un-cancelled the flight, Amex won't be able to rebook. Screws the pax.

Edit: Yup. Amex is not rebooking her because they are not seeing the flight as cancelled. They're "trying to confirm what is happening".
Exactly, disgraceful of LH
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:38 am

That doesn't make any sense. If all the flights aren't cancelled at once, but in waves, that's exactly when you would run into this problem of being rebooked on a flight that is soon to be cancelled.
josephstern and chris63 like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by poshul
Any suggestions for those of us mere mortals? I'd a STR->IAD G tomorrow. The earliest thing I can find availability for is ZWS->IAD in J on Thursday, which I snagged as a refundable ticket as a backup. Can I get Lufthansa to just stick me on that without paying the full J fare?
US FTL line at least gets through to hold. Unfortunately they just hung-up on me without saying anything after being on hold for 50 minutes. Hey @LufthansaGermanAirlines any suggestions on getting an actual someone on the phone?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 6:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

How does one get a live agent on the chat?

I've never been able to get the option to come up
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:27 am

Who's responsible for rebooking? The ticket was bought through Amex travel, it's a United codeshare, Lufthansa metal. If the cancellation had happened weeks ago, I'd say Amex travel. But since the cancellation was the day before travel, shouldn't it be Lufthansa? Asking being sister is being bounced around between all three.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by justforfun
That doesn't make any sense. If all the flights aren't cancelled at once, but in waves, that's exactly when you would run into this problem of being rebooked on a flight that is soon to be cancelled.
All flights are first zeroed out so that the bot doesn't book into them. That happened yesterday. Then the flights are cancelled in waves and rebooked automatically.

Amex purchased United flight number operated by LH: Amex should be able to handle everything in any situation as they are the owner of the ticket. They have to sort out the matter with their contact at the airline. If UA or LH take control (which they can when the flight is/was the next day) and rebook, the travel agent can no longer change the ticket.
justforfun likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:35 am

Is it possible to just do a no show tomorrow and sort it out (rebook to another date) later, when the strike is over?

My flight (MUC-SBZ) got canceled, OLCI offers ridiculous alternatives with 2 connections and 42h travel time, and I see no option to simply move my flight to another day...

And can I claim the EU compensation if I choose not to travel at all?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
Is it possible to just do a no show tomorrow and sort it out (rebook to another date) later, when the strike is over?
Technically no, but they can revive the ticket later. If you don't want to travel, just call next week when the madness has died down.
cockpitvisit likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.