Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Wage negotiations for LH Ground &MRO staff: Verdi strike on July 27 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wage negotiations for LH Ground &MRO staff: Verdi strike on July 27 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2022, 4:51 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
The negotiations resume next week. Yesterday a few analysts noted that the positions of both parties are not that far apart and a settlement is expected soon. Why verdi went for the strike option so quickly is a mystery. The big one will be the pilots, they want more structual changes which LH is not going to agree to so quickly.
gojko88 and theboss7593 like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 4:55 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
The negotiations resume next week. Yesterday a few analysts noted that the positions of both parties are not that far apart and a settlement is expected soon. Why verdi went for the strike option so quickly is a mystery. The big one will be the pilots, they want more structual changes which LH is not going to agree to so quickly.
Let's hope your crystal ball is correct as the SAS pilot strike went longer than many predicted. Hope the LH flyers don't have to suffer for long!

Last edited by livious; Jul 28, 2022 at 5:07 am
Old Aug 3, 2022, 4:51 am

Programs: Aeroplan, M&M
Let the (failed?) negotiations begin
I thought that before the strike last week, negotiations were going in a positive manner. But today on the radio, they were saying that the union is unhappy that LH didn't approach them after the last strike and that the union predicts that there's a 60% or higher of more strikes to come?......
Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:20 am

Originally Posted by livious
Hope the LH flyers don't have to suffer for long!
Depends on personal circumstances. I enjoyed flying during the strike and look forward to my 250€ EU compensation, which will make it a free trip

Wouldn't mind having another ticket on a strike day - some of the rerouting options in the app (like MUC-CPH-VIE-SBZ with overnights at CPH and VIE) were great for a crazy city/lounge tour.

I understand those flying for business see it differently, but a strike does offer opportunities to leisure flyers like myself
chris63 and pdeut like this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 5:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
Depends on personal circumstances. I enjoyed flying during the strike and look forward to my 250€ EU compensation, which will make it a free trip

Wouldn't mind having another ticket on a strike day - some of the rerouting options in the app (like MUC-CPH-VIE-SBZ with overnights at CPH and VIE) were great for a crazy city/lounge tour.

I understand those flying for business see it differently, but a strike does offer opportunities to leisure flyers like myself

In true FT spirit.

Maybe join Verdi & get the heads up ?
cockpitvisit and pdeut like this.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by cockpitvisit
I enjoyed flying during the strike and look forward to my 250€ EU compensation, which will make it a free trip
And it will come just in time for Christmas shopping!
cockpitvisit likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 10:27 am

Still no news how the negotiations are going?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 1:43 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
LH and Verdi just settled and agreed on a contract. Their positions were not that far apart.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 10:44 am

Programs: KLM FB Gold, LH M&M
Great news.
Just need the pilots to agree a settlement, now.
chris63 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2022, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by mikem004
Great news.
Just need the pilots to agree a settlement, now.
Would Eurowings flights operated by FINNAIR also be affected?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.