Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Wage negotiations for LH Ground &MRO staff: Verdi strike on July 27 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wage negotiations for LH Ground &MRO staff: Verdi strike on July 27 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by hugolover
LO have seats, you can be in BRU by 09:30. Just make sure they issue the ticket, don’t hang up until the ticket number is set and you can open it on LOT.com. LO will auto cancel if not ticketed and you’re back to square 1.
Just one data point. I was trying to get UA to book me on LO from WAW to AMS this morning, and despite it showing C4 and Y9 on the website, they said they were not able to actually book it in their booking system. Agent said he thought LO was blocking inventory.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cris
Just one data point. I was trying to get UA to book me on LO from WAW to AMS this morning, and despite it showing C4 and Y9 on the website, they said they were not able to actually book it in their booking system. Agent said he thought LO was blocking inventory.
Very odd. I'm aware of many pax rebooked to LO for tomorrow from cancelled LH services.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:39 pm

Programs: Miles&More
LO have seats, you can be in BRU by 09:30. Just make sure they issue the ticket, don’t hang up until the ticket number is set and you can open it on LOT.com. LO will auto cancel if not ticketed and you’re back to square 1.
But I don't I have to get LH to authorize this rebooking?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, A3 Gold
So what can one reasonably expect from LH at this point? Rebooking only on Star Alliance, or non-Star airlines as well? Hotel? If so, there is an upper limit per night? Food?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 4:09 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Diamond, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
They canceled my friend's IAH-FRA-VCE trip tonight, and told him there was nothing available for 4 days.

There's availability with Turkish tomorrow.
chris63, gojko88 and gioannis13 like this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 12:10 am

Question Flying LH FRA-FCO tomorrow keep it or explore options?

Hello Everyone,

We're flying Lufthansa from FRA-FCO tomorrow on the 355pm flight. We have three bags to check and we're going to Rome to catch our cruise that leaves Rome on Saturday morning (Cruise is from Rome to Athens, stops in Croatia, Montenegro, then Mykonos etc)

At this point, our flights are still showing "On Time" but I'm extremely worried as FRA will no doubt be a mess tomorrow given all the cancelled flights today and especially the bags have a high probability of getting lost.

We're looking into train options today.

What would you guys do? Which option?

1) Take a chance and hope LH doesn't cancel the flight and that they don't lose your bags?

2) Take the train?

3) Try to get them to rebook us on another carrier but try to avoid Frankfurt Main airport?

We just want to get to Rome by Friday at the latest.

Thanks,

M.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Operations will resume tomorrow after 6am. Whatever flights were supposed to be cancelled should have been taken care off by now, including some flights on Thursday. Considering the massive disruption today I doubt you will find any alternative space out of FRA tomorrow. Taking the train and no showing for your flight may cancel other critical parts of your remaining ticket
chris63 likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Will Thursday (28/7) Flights Be Delayed Because of Strike?

Supposed to catch the 6:50am LH flight from MUC to BRU, and I cannot be late as I am connecting to another flight on a separate ticket.

In the past when these strikes happened, were morning flights the next day also delayed or canceled? I noticed the strike officially doesn't end until 6:00am CET on Thursday, which would be very tight for morning flights.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by zeer0
Supposed to catch the 6:50am LH flight from MUC to BRU, and I cannot be late as I am connecting to another flight on a separate ticket.

In the past when these strikes happened, were morning flights the next day also delayed or canceled? I noticed the strike officially doesn't end until 6:00am CET on Thursday, which would be very tight for morning flights.
Who knows, probably LH don’t aircraft out of position & crews, luck of the draw tomorrow…. separate tickets are always risky for these & many other scenarios
athome likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
My experience (so far) regarding a flight LH959 BHX (Birmingham)-FRA departing 0600 tomorrow (28 July): I had an email through today (27 July, strike day) at about 0930 telling me there'd be no food service on this flight, only beverages.

Immediately my alarm bells went off, particularly as I'd had the same flight number cancelled precisely a week earlier.

I called up the F line with my concerns, suggesting I move to the later LH953 0905 flight as that would still give me a little over two hours of padding in there to comfortably make my connection. A very helpful chap suggested that, unlike last week, it's highly likely that the physical plane is already at BHX, from Tuesday night's (26 July) incoming LH958, as it never left for this morning's (27 July) LH959 due to the strike.

After a bit of detective work, it seems he's very likely correct. Fingers crossed.

Last edited by Howard Long; Jul 27, 2022 at 7:53 am
Old Jul 27, 2022, 7:28 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN
Hence no catering, since the food is loaded at the hub
Howard Long likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2022, 7:39 am

F

FRA business lounge looks like a ghost town, no LH staff, just a couple of caterers.

gioannis13 likes this.

Last edited by poshul; Jul 27, 2022 at 7:54 am
Old Jul 27, 2022, 12:07 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, BA Gold, A3 Gold
Data point. Was scheduled to fly today PRG-FRA-CMN and was re-booked automatically tomorrow on PRG-CDG-CMN (with 55 min connection from 2D to 2E), at least it is not last flight of the day, but it will be very tight. Unable to reach LH call center to ask for later connection.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:42 am

Programs: LH SEN (*G), BA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Quick word of warning for anyone flying from LHR today - massive queue for LH Group check in in front of the terminal. Business/First class can pass through though.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 1:48 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, BA Gold, Bonvoy Ambassador, HH Gold
Has there been any talk of additional strike days?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.