Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Wage negotiations for LH Ground &MRO staff: Verdi strike on July 27 2022

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wage negotiations for LH Ground &MRO staff: Verdi strike on July 27 2022

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2022, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LH are rebooking a lot of pax to LO, but the incompetent morons who run Lufthansa don't understand that LO is not the sort of airline that sends a pax to the airport without a ticket like LH does, so LO's robot is auto cancelling the segments before LH can be bothered to reissue.

Its beyond LH's capability to allow their staff the oh so difficult task of issuing tickets when they're rebooked? 🤡

They're so useless. Pax should really bare all this in mind when they book the LH cartel. If you wanna go somewhere this summer, book FR.
cockpitvisit, chris63 and TPJ like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by hugolover
They're so useless. Pax should really bare all this in mind when they book the LH cartel. If you wanna go somewhere this summer, book FR.
Greetings from ZRH, all totally fine here in a well run airport & LX is operating just fine, certainly better than FR

Sorry for all those affected over at LH
athome, poshul and MichielR like this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:43 am

Ended up rebooking with Condor from FRA to BWI, with the eventual refund for that leg and the EC261 money it comes out as basically a wash. Otherwise the next available thing they were able to find was Aug 3. They are apparently not scheduling people onto the 28th, word was that the strike was extended, not sure how accurate that is.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by poshul
Ended up rebooking with Condor from FRA to BWI, with the eventual refund for that leg and the EC261 money it comes out as basically a wash. Otherwise the next available thing they were able to find was Aug 3. They are apparently not scheduling people onto the 28th, word was that the strike was extended, not sure how accurate that is.
Not sure if it's important to you, but I'd be asking for the miles for what I would have flown also. Since that's the airlines' game of how to trap us all into loyalty, it only seems reasonable to expect it when you validly tried to fly with them.
poshul likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 8:48 am

Can the LH chat assistant rebook a flight affected by the strike to another day, or do you need a real person to do it?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chris63
Greetings from ZRH, all totally fine here in a well run airport & LX is operating just fine, certainly better than FR

Sorry for all those affected over at LH
I doubt it. LX is a tiny airline, with a small network many of which is served by regional Jets, and not everyone can pick that. FR is huge. I'd have to check the Cirium data but FR were cancelling 1/1000 flights, I bet LX is higher.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: UA MileagePlus Premier Platinum
Originally Posted by gusd
Are UA flights still handled by LH ground staff at FRA and MUC? If yes, I presume UA flights would also be affected by the strike, then?
I guess the answer is yes, as UA canceled flights to FRA and MUC for tonight (Tuesday) and of course the returns on Wednesday.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 12:10 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 2MM, MR Titanium
Originally Posted by gusd
I guess the answer is yes, as UA canceled flights to FRA and MUC for tonight (Tuesday) and of course the returns on Wednesday.
Looks like UA has not (yet) canceled some of its flights to FRA and MUC tonight. FRA still has one UA flight out of DEN, EWR, IAD, IAH, ORD, and SFO (the second flight out of IAD, ORD, and SFO are canceled). MUC has a UA flight tonight out of EWR and SFO (DEN, IAD, IAH, and ORD are all canceled). So UA is running a higher percentage of their flights to FRA tonight than to MUC.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:47 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Supposed to fly out of Munich to Brussels on LH 2282 at 6:50am on the 28th. Should I be looking for alternative modes of transport (bus,train). I need to be in Brussels by early morning on the 28th.

Given that the strike seemingly ends at 6:00am CET on the 28th, I wonder if that means all the morning flights on the 28th are also going to be delayed if not outright cancelled?
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Cris
So I am one of the lucky ones to be flying WAW-FRA-LAX on the 27th on LH Metal with a UA Ticket Issued by AMEX Corp. Travel. Who the heck do I call if I get stuck?
Originally Posted by justforfun
Who's responsible for rebooking? The ticket was bought through Amex travel, it's a United codeshare, Lufthansa metal. If the cancellation had happened weeks ago, I'd say Amex travel. But since the cancellation was the day before travel, shouldn't it be Lufthansa? Asking being sister is being bounced around between all three.
Sounds similar to my scenario. I got United to rebook me. Amex was completely useless and no idea about the cancellation.
justforfun likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:59 pm

Programs: Miles&More
I was booked POZ=MUC=BRU=ORD=STL for Wednesday morning. I received a text about 9 hours ago that the POZ=MUC and MUC=BRU flights are cancelled, and saying I would be contacted shortly.

It's not late evening and there's been no further information. I've been trying to call all day but reached no one at LH.

I guess I'll have to go to POZ airport in the morning and see what the LH agent has to say.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by hugolover
I doubt it. LX is a tiny airline, with a small network many of which is served by regional Jets, and not everyone can pick that. FR is huge. I'd have to check the Cirium data but FR were cancelling 1/1000 flights, I bet LX is higher.
Not sure i would class LX as tiny…. FR might be ok if you only want point to point & zero customer service or care, add to that not actually cheap if you need to check bags & reserve a seat

But currently they are not in Verdi’s targets and LH is….
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Macowiec
I was booked POZ=MUC=BRU=ORD=STL for Wednesday morning. I received a text about 9 hours ago that the POZ=MUC and MUC=BRU flights are cancelled, and saying I would be contacted shortly.

It's not late evening and there's been no further information. I've been trying to call all day but reached no one at LH.

I guess I'll have to go to POZ airport in the morning and see what the LH agent has to say.
Even as HON i’ve had those messages & nothing happened, without status in the current circumstances going to the airport is probably best but it’s not going to be easy to find alternatives with full flights in the height of the summer season
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:09 pm

Can someone recommend a post with instructions to file an EC 261 claim? My flight from WAW to FRA was cancelled, and my flight from FRA to LAX was also cancelled. I had to rebook through LHR and DEN. Going to get in 7:30 hours later than originally planned.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Macowiec

LO have seats, you can be in BRU by 09:30. Just make sure they issue the ticket, don’t hang up until the ticket number is set and you can open it on LOT.com. LO will auto cancel if not ticketed and you’re back to square 1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.