Search

Miles & More : How to get back voided mileages

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and More
How to get back voided mileages

Dear All,
Affected by the epidemic, I did not fly on Lufthansa and its alliance airlines for 3 years, my Lufthansa mileage of 320 000 miles was all forfeited in April, and I wrote twice to their office and requested for an exception, but it did not work out. Do you have any recommendations to ideas how I can get them back?

Thanks in advance!
Christina
Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Miles & More : How to get back voided mileages

Dear All,

Affected by the epidemic, I did not fly on Lufthansa and its alliance airlines for 3 years, my Lufthansa mileage of 320 000 miles was all forfeited in April, and I wrote twice to their office and requested for an exception, but it did not work out. Do you have any recommendations to ideas how I can get them back?

Thanks in advance !

Christina
Old Jun 20, 2022, 8:54 am

Programs: QF LTG, LH (SEN*** till 02/26), AF, AA, AB-G†
LH miles are canceled 3 years after earning. Flying with them does not extend the life of the miles.
Only Status (any except Blue) or some Credit cards do extend the life of the miles. You could have used them for other things than flights (with a terrible exchange rate, but better than nothing). Booking a flight just before expiry date would work out. If you cancel it, your have then a short time-window to re-use them.

It is a pity, but I see no way to get them back.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tyrolean
LH miles are canceled 3 years after earning. Flying with them does not extend the life of the miles.
Only Status (any except Blue) or some Credit cards do extend the life of the miles. You could have used them for other things than flights (with a terrible exchange rate, but better than nothing). Booking a flight just before expiry date would work out. If you cancel it, your have then a short time-window to re-use them.

It is a pity, but I see no way to get them back.
Thanks for your response. Appreciated !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.