Issue with LH: help needed

Old Jun 15, 22, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flyingblue Platinum, All Accor Platinum, M&M Senator
Issue with LH: help needed

Hello
I have 2 issues right now with LH and need your help:

- reeboking issues: the 31 march I had an intra European flight that for medical issues I could not take. I tried the 30th and 31st to contact LH call centers. But it was impossible to get in touch with an operator. I wrote an email before trough the flight departed to LH customer service via the online portal to announce I could not take the flight and that was impossible to reach a call center and rebook on teh phone. Since I have not received any reply from them.
I called today and the African based call center (a nightmare in terms of quality and customer support which basically does not give a f--k about customer) is just telling me that they can not do anything and they have no access to the email I send as those are managed by other services.

- The 23 of may I took a flight to YUL. My luggage arrived 5 days later than me.
. Since 10 days I am trying to submit the receipts for the items I ha to buy via the online portal. Every time I receive a mail telling me that my request is not completed and I have to start again from scratch. Today M&M customer center is telling me to send an email directly to customer relation ...
Do you have any experience or any number I could accs.

By the way I am Senator...
Old Jun 15, 22, 9:06 am

Programs: LH HON
Regarding your medical issue - not sure what you're trying to achieve. Did you book a refundable fare? If not, your claim is with your travel insurance, not Lufthansa.
MichalB likes this.
Old Jun 15, 22, 9:29 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Regarding your luggage issue - not sure what’s your question is. I assume the hotline gave you an e-mail address when they asked you to submit your claim by e-mail? If i am not wrong it is sth like [email protected] or so… Suggest you send your claim there together with the reference number of the lost luggage so that they can process it - another phone number wont help as thy need the invoice to reimburse you.
If YUL is your resident location I am not sure whether they would reimburse as I think assumption is that at home you have spare clothes - you may need to provide some explanation.
Old Jun 15, 22, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ckx2 View Post
Regarding your medical issue - not sure what you're trying to achieve. Did you book a refundable fare? If not, your claim is with your travel insurance, not Lufthansa.
In march Lufthansa allowed rebooking on all class of service without any ground ( so my sickness would not play any role here) . Price difference had to be paid.
To request the rebooking you should have contacted the hotline before the departure. Hot lines could not be reached the 30 or the 31st of March.
The 31st of March I send an email to the customer service to have a proof that I have made my rebooking request before departure.

I had no answer in 2 months and today when I tried to have an answer the calls center are just playing with me..;
- M&M call centers tells me that they can not handle the complaint as this is a booking issue
- Booking hot line tells me they have no access to claims and other records that prove I try to get in touch with them before departure.

I just wanted to know if someone of you had a similar issue and how it was solved (or not)
Old Jun 15, 22, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by roc83 View Post
Regarding your luggage issue - not sure whats your question is. I assume the hotline gave you an e-mail address when they asked you to submit your claim by e-mail? If i am not wrong it is sth like [email protected] or so Suggest you send your claim there together with the reference number of the lost luggage so that they can process it - another phone number wont help as thy need the invoice to reimburse you.
If YUL is your resident location I am not sure whether they would reimburse as I think assumption is that at home you have spare clothes - you may need to provide some explanation.
Thank you for confirm me the email email address. I just wanted to be sure that this is a right way to proceed considering LH is closing all my request made online trough their portal.
I am based in France, flight to YUL was outbound.

RGDS
Old Jun 15, 22, 10:27 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by PROACTIVE View Post
In march Lufthansa allowed rebooking on all class of service without any ground ( so my sickness would not play any role here) . Price difference had to be paid.
To request the rebooking you should have contacted the hotline before the departure. Hot lines could not be reached the 30 or the 31st of March.
The 31st of March I send an email to the customer service to have a proof that I have made my rebooking request before departure.

I had no answer in 2 months and today when I tried to have an answer the calls center are just playing with me..;
- M&M call centers tells me that they can not handle the complaint as this is a booking issue
- Booking hot line tells me they have no access to claims and other records that prove I try to get in touch with them before departure.

I just wanted to know if someone of you had a similar issue and how it was solved (or not)
did you get any confirmation that LH received your e-mail? Usually when sending requests I think LH send some receipt confirmation - suggest to send an email to customer relations and asking them to rebook your flight to the date you want and attaching the receipt information as well as the screenshot of the sent email. If you want LH to accelerate you could complain on social media ;-) or if you are in Paris you could go to ticket office/counter at airport or try and call the French hotline and when they ask for proof ask them where you should send the screenshot/receipt information
Old Jun 15, 22, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PROACTIVE View Post
In march Lufthansa allowed rebooking on all class of service without any ground ( so my sickness would not play any role here)
Did you try re-booking for a future data and the website was not functioning properly?

Search this Thread